Meet Sooraj Rathi--indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Meet Sooraj Rathi      
   0  LIKE  |     0  COMMENTS  |   

Self made man Sooraj lives and breathes for his family and is willing to go to any lengths for their happiness in the new show on STAR Plus' prime time, Diya Aur Baati Hum. Meet Sooraj Rathi, the sole bread winner who runs a sweet shop and has no regret about quitting studies. Noble, good looking and sensitive Sooraj believes in hard work and is an open book. Acror Anas Rashid plays the sublime Sooraj who is looking forward to his marriage.

How did you bag this show?
After my earlier show Prithviraj Chauhan ended, I realised people couldn't perceive me in any other look than of the historical king. I worked hard to make my presence felt, cut the long hair and wore usual, normal clothes to various auditions. I was in my hometown in Punjab when I got a call for this show and post the audition, I was glad to be chosen to play Sooraj.

What do you find most endearing about the character of Sooraj?
I love the fact that Sooraj is so family oriented as am I. He is very close to his mother and so am I, perhaps that's why I can relate to him easily and why he has put his mother on a pedestal. Sooraj is proud of his family, glad that he could take the responsibility of running the house well, a hard worker, dedicated and a person who cherishes his values.

From a historical to a family drama, how comfortable are you about the Rajasthani background?
To be honest, it has been tough. I wasn't totally comfortable from day one but over a period of time acting in the normal way as opposed to the larger than life Prithviraj Chauhan. Once you play a role for a long period, it leaves an indelible mark on you which is tough to erase. It was challenging for me to tone down and be a soft spoken person who is strong too. The roles are totally diverse and I am enjoying playing Sooraj now.

What do you think of the title song?
I simply fell in love with the title song which is very evocative and heart warming. Vocals by Kailash Kher are superb to say the least. There is a singer in me too so I could gauge that the song would catch on and the feedback I have received from various quarters is that the song is loved by one and all. The lyrics are simple yet they touch your heart and this combination has made the song a hit.

You are the sole bread winner in the family. You love your mother the most and family too. How did you come about running a sweet shop?
I love my family as my family is everything to me. Being the eldest in the house as I have two younger college going brothers and a sister, bhabhoo and bauji, I felt it was my duty to look after my family. Sadly, my father was a bit lazy and didn't earn much so when I realised that life would be tough in the future, I quit studying and opened up a shop. By God's grace, the sweet shop is doing well and I am glad I am able to provide all the necessities of everyone at home. I love my mother and I know the reason behind her bitter and angry attitude. She is not a negative person but someone who never got all she deserved in life.

Why did you not study post tenth standard?
I had to quit studies as I realised I had to earn. I ensured that my siblings get a good education and currently they are in college. I am happy running my business and providing for my family. I have no regrets of not studying further.

If you got a chance, would you be interested in studying further?
Not really, as I have a well established business and studying further isn't going to help me run my business in a better manner so what is the point? Like I said, I am happy with what I was destined to get in life. I have a great, supportive, loving family and a well-to-do business. What more would I want?

What are your expectations from your would-be wife?
I don't know what expectations are. Yes, I have heard many guys wanting theirs wives to be so and so, behave in such and such manner but I have no such dreams. I am getting married as my mother, bhaboo got a bahu who didn't live upto her expectations so daily they bicker or argue over something or the other. I want to marry so that my wife gives my mother a peace of mind. I want her to please my mother and look after her. That is all I expect. And God will take care of the rest.

In the current track, bhabhoo taunted you that you are already a joru ka ghulam after she found out that you bought an expensive pendant for her. Do you think she was fair?
She didn't mean what she said in anger. Moreover I wanted to tell her that I had bought a pendant but before I could reveal my intentions, she found the bill and the whole issue blew out of proportion. I never meant to hurt her and I will convince her of the same. I know she loves me a lot and will eventually understand. I know her well enough to know what really angers and hurts her.

If your wife wants to work post marriage, how would you react?
If she has any dreams and if they fit into the lifestyle at my house I will be more than willing to help her along the way. I don't like stopping anyone from doing what they want nor do I want to force her for something.

Would you call a husband who supported his wife a true life partner or a joru ka ghulam?
Joru ka ghulam means a man who is always by his wife, listening only to her and doing only what she wishes. A man who supports his wife is not a joru ka ghulam but a true life partner. Doesn't your wife support you in your dreams and aspirations, so why shouldn't you do vice versa?

Don't forget to watch Sooraj and Sandhya's journey in Diya Aur Baati Hum Mon-Fri at 9 pm on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/2195/meet-sooraj-rathi.aspx
Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kokila11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
va what hopeless answers!!