amberose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Guys!
dont laugh at me for this ok๐Ÿ˜Š

I want dhokla recipe... i never ate dhokla before... I cant find anyone here around my house who can give me recipe... I searched around net but they all r confusing me cause every chef has its own way of making it...So i turned to If

Is there anyone who can give me easiest recipe of dhokla as i m a freshmeee... in cooking department? pleaseee๐Ÿ˜•

Note: I m not from India... So if any of u want to suggest other easy recipes of India i love you for that :D easy because I m new to cooking 

Thanks alot

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

samrutha thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello Sara..

I took this recipe from net when i was searching for nice & simple Dhokla recipe..

This recipe looks simple to try for beginners..๐Ÿ˜Š

Ingredients:
2 cups besan (chickpea flour) , 1 Glass water, 1 tblspn Sugar, 2/3 cloves garlic finely crushed, 4/5 Green Chillies finely chopped, 1 tspn lemon juice, 1 tspn Eno Fruit Salt (any flavour will do,I had the lemon flavour), 1/2 tspn Turmeric powder, salt to taste.

For the tempering:

2 tblspns oil, 2/3 tspns mustard seeds, 2 pinches asafoetida, 6/7 curry leaves

For the lemon -sugar syrup: 1/4 cup water, Juice of one lemon, 1 tblspn sugar. Just mix it all together.

Process:

Mix the Besan and Water to form a smooth batter.

Add the crushed garlic , chillies, turmeric, salt and sugar and give it a good stir. Taste the batter. It should be sweet and sour and hot all at once.

Grease a steel vessel that goes into your pressure cooker. Place this vessel in the cooker and place the cooker on the gas hob. After the water in the cooker begins to boil add the Eno to the dhokla batter, stir again quickly, you will immediately see the batter rising.

Now quickly pour this batter into the cooker vessel and put on the cooker lid. Steam the Dhokla for 8 to 10 mins without pressure.

After 10 mins open the cooker and let the Dhokla rest for a while. When it is warm to touch mark out the slices with a sharp and well oiled knife. Spoon the lemon-sugar syrup gradually over the marked slices. The syrup is absorbed by the dhokla making it extremely moist from the inside unlike shop-bought dhoklas which are terribly dry from within.

Prepare the tempering by adding the mustard, asafoetida and curry leaves to hot oil. Cool it and then spoon this over the dhokla. Garnish with fresh coriander and fresh grated coconut.

Hope this helps you... ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ