Shanthi Nilayam - Aug 16 - 18 Updates and Discussions

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Why is this serial also going the way of all the other serials?  I had better hopes here.

Update for Tues, Aug 16, 2011:

I am going to be brief.  This episode was annoying, and you will see why - I am tired of seeing the same old villainous characters, spreading lies and gossip all the time.  When I watch a serial, I would like some relief from my every day routine and problems, not see more of the same. 

Jeevan has been removed from ICU and sent back to his room.  The doctor calls Manasi and tells her that he is doing well, and with complete rest, he should be fully recovered soon, after which he will be discharged.

The word is spreading around the hospital that there is a terrorist in the hospital.

Adarsh comes home, calls for Devi.  She says she has made some changes in the decor, he is unable to find the changes, turns out she has changed the photos and replaced them with other photos (this is life, I would rather see such pleasant scenes than these scheming people).

Shyamala is observing some vratam on Thursdays.  MIL is scolding her for doing all this, when the front doorbell rings (aha, one locked door!).  The visitor is Ezhil, who has come for Akash.  She gets a warm welcome from Sandhya and Shyamala, and then she goes upstairs, where Devi is sitting.  Devi asks who she is, Ezhil says she is PK's secretary and has heard a lot about Devi.  Akash comes in, she hands over the file to Akash.  It is regarding some show of medical equipment, and Akash praises PK sky high over his devotion to the hospital and his work.  Devi looks skeptical.

Ezhil comes downstairs, Sandhya asks her to sit, and then inquires about her family.  Then she wants to know if her father has started looking out for varans for her, and Ezhil does this major crying act.  Shyamala guesses she is in love with someone else, and asks if her father is opposed.  Ezhil says No, so Shyamala and Sandhya want to know who it is, and Ezhil says she fell in love with a bad person who has cheated her.  Sandhya says that she is also like a daughter to her, just like Rathy (and just as Naren's parents spouted this dialog to PK and then fell hook, line and sinker for his stories about Naren, here is a similar opportunity to Ezhil).  She says it is someone known to them, and then she says the name, Naren.  Obviously, both Sandhya and Shyamala are shocked.  Ezhil spins a long story about how she and Naren were so much in love, she used to go to his house often, take food for him, wash his clothes, and has even spent nights there (yuck!  Is there no end to this kind of disgusting stuff?)  She talks of how even Naren's parents like her so much, but Naren preferred Rathy so that he could become the MD of the hospital, and when she asked him about it, he said that getting married to Rathy was for the position.  Sandhya thinks of all the incidents in the past and is concerned.

Thodarum ...

Wednesday 17th August 2011   Episode - 116

Devi browsing through the file.  Akash on a call, finishes the call, comes to Devi takes the file from her saying she wouldnt understand head or tail of it.  Must be Greek & Latin to her (doesnt she know both those languages)  Medicine is a different world.  She saw the file, so out of habit, she started browsing through it.  As long as mankind fears for their lives, the business will flourish she says.  Okay, now that you browsed the file, what did you understand asks Akash.  Devi sits on the swing.  You only read those lines, but I read between the lines replies Devi.  Cannot understand women, maybe it is because of their way of talking.  As if menfolk talk to be understood.  She is checking PK's sincerity, integrity, hardwork in the file.  Are you suspecting him asks Akash.   Do not believe anyone beyond a certain level is what she is mentioning.  People can enjoy the swing but their mind should not be like one.  Cannot suspect everyone.  Trust is the basis on which business is run.  Do you think PK will cheat us and run away with money?  If he had invested the same amount of money in his finance business he would have made 10 times the money.  Then why did he leave that profitable business to invest here questions Devi.  Shouldnt you have suspected him then she puts forth a logical question.  It means he is in here for some other vested interest.  That motive is wrong Devi says Akash.  Okay PK is not out to cheat us, but he is inexperienced in the Hospital / medicine field.  So whatever he has given need not be the veda vaakku.  Accept it or change it says Akash.  So Devi is willing to come up with a better quotation.  Thats it says Akash and leaves.

Jeevan's room, a ward boy comes to mop the room.  Asadu vazhinju asks Jeevan if he is doing well.  Jeevan is irritated.  He does not answer the ward boy instead keeps reading a book.  The ward boy keeps chatting on "always smile".  When is he getting discharged asks the wardboy.  The doctor must say that replies Jeevan.   Dont worry sir, you will be discharged soon he prophecies and leaves.   Mansi comes in, Jeevan tells her that they are in danger.  Seems that all of them know their secret says Jeevan.  Why does he feels so questions Mansi.  Everything he replies, shows a man who keeps looking at them while passing by.  Mansi says they were doing it earlier, and they will keep doing it.  They are not suspicious but it is Jeevan who has that problem. Jeevan feels that someone is watching them.  Did they operate your back or your brain she asks him.  loosuthanamaa pEsaadhE - aRaNdavanukku iruNdadhellaam pEi she says.  Jeevan tries convincing her - in vain.  

It was JR who decided that Jeevan should be operated here, so he will have the final say on when he is to be discharged.  Jeevan in a hurry to be discharged.  We should take care of our health so that we can fight for our goals advises Mansi.   She is not a fool not to know if someone is watching / following them.  She is doing her work - dont worry is her final word.  Asks him if he wants to eat.  

Vicky has coffee with Devi, asks what is that she wants to talk about.  Devi mentions Dubai Towers the tallest hotel and they exchange statistics on 2nd, 3rd and 4th tallest hotels.  Vicky is impressed.  VS Towers will be the tallest once in operation he says.  She peps him with ThirukkuraL, APJ Abdul Kalaam's statement of dreaming with eyes open.  Vicky feels that she is the only one who has understood him, her words are like tonic for him.  She praises him on his self confidence, but wonders how come he did not get a break.  He would have made it big but one rogue spoilt it all.  I know it kind of look on Devi's face.  Vicky says he had made a story which was rich in content, great music and artists were prepared , he even got a financier.  But the financier rascal kavuthufied.  She too knows him - PK one of the directors of SN.  Leave him alone says Devi.  She will help Vicky to build he hotel.   Give a budget and she will finance the project.  Vicky is shocked.

What if she too cheats like PK he asks her.  Dont compare PK and her she fumes.  You are right.  He is a rascal, rogue has vested interests sings Vicky.  Also sings the charanam - that PK is interested in Rathi even when he knows that she is in love with Dr.Naren.  Let us not waste time in discussing PK says Devi.  Wants Vicky to give the budget in a month's time.  She will buy 50% shares and the rest can be a public issue.  He calculated and asks if she will invest 600 crores.. she is confident that since he is calculating right the hotel will also do good.  

Thunderstorm and Kavitha worriedly waits for her daughter.  Calls Priya and asks where she is.  Entering the gate is the reply from Priya.  Mazhai eppadi peyyudhu theriyumaa Kavitha asks Priya who promptly answers "chOnu peyyudhumaa". Getting wet in rain, she would catch cold says the worried mother.  Priya sneezes on the phone.  Enough maa, vaNdi skid aagapOgudhu says Priya.  Kavitha asks her to be careful.  Get me a car asks the daughter.  Asks if the door is locked.  No answers Kavitha.  Some thief is going to enter one day is Priya's dialogue.  Kept it open for you... come upstairs immediately warns Kavitha.  Running commentary until Priya enters the room.  She wants to have chapathi, Kavitha knows so she has already prepared.

Priya enters dripping wet.  Kavitha asks why she did not take the umbrella.  Priya did not foresee rain.  Priya sneezes.  Kavitha is upset that she is going to suffer with cold.  Priya replies with the suffering is for me, why are you worried she asks the mother.  Because Kavitha is with her.  So avanukku no jaladhosham asks Priya.  evanukku is Kavitha's doubt.  un purushanukku says Priya.  avandhaan un pakkathula illayE.  oNNu appadiyE pOttEnna Kavitha raises her hand, pulls Priya inside.  

Priya's hair is dried with the help of Kavitha.  Kavitha scolds her for not taking shelter.  Priya feels if it rains one should get wet, asks for the story of her getting wet when she was young. How many times will you keep listening to the same story a bugged Kavitha.  As many times as she loves clicking Kavitha's photos.   Kavitha tells of how Priya stood in the middle of the road smiling at the sky because God was taking photograph - for there were flashes of lightening.  Priya feels that her mother did not say it with the same fervour she usually does.  Kavitha feels she did.  Priya thinks something wrong, pesters Kavitha.  Kavitha says Priya has imposed 144, then how to discuss.  Oh your maaji purushan -   avan edhaavadhu sonnaanaa she asks.  Dont go to SN, only because of that all this.  Kavitha cannot back out - 2 years contract.  One way it is good, if Kavitha has to leave then he would think Kavi is scared.  enna sonnaan, tease paNNinaanaa goes Priya.  Priya comes the stern call of Kavitha.  Okay okay dont get angry enna sonnaaru asks Priya. When Kavitha argues so well in the court why remain silent infront of him.  Scared because he is your ex she asks.   Priya wants to go and ask him 4 words...will ask him why he spent the school fees on horse racing.  Leaves the room.  Kavitha begs Priya not to go, cries and tells her that if Priya does respect Kavitha then she should not go.  Bombay Jayashri starts singing  manadhil urudhi vENdum in Sahana... (Where is my Atma album - so long since I've listened to those songs )

Kavitha's crying stops turning to a smile.  She comes to the next room where Priya  is standing next to the music system.  Kavitha hugs her with a smile and a tear, kisses Priya.  Mommy and daughter share a sweet moment, thanksdi says Kavitha.

thodarum...

Thursday 18.08.2011

Mythili's Beauty Parlour ' in this serial it is owned by Vidhya '[ Anand/Kavitha's daughter-staying with Anand]. Priya [ The daughter staying with Kavitha] comes for there for facial , introduces self as Konika [why this name change???]. Since had come 15 minutes earlier had to wait in the reception , throws a bit of a tantrum [ like father like daughter], complains about the AC , talks loudly on the phone , receptionist gets irritated , asks her to tone down her voice. Next Priya [[or konica?] starts capturing the pictures in the room on her mobile for which also gets cautioned by the receptionist , gets into verbal war with the receptionist . One Anjali walks in & Vidhya gives her priority over Priya. Thats it . Priya vidu vidunu goes inside & vedu vedunu veLuthufy .  Vidhya tries to explain patiently , falls in to deaf ears & livid Priya walks out of the parlour after giving dressing down to Priya.

Akash in sallaba mood ' singing Pon MahaL VandaaL [ Akash sir nanna paadareenga but you require brushing up of la & La . The beauty of the song is distorted with 'il' in the place of 'iL']. Devi says Thanks. Aksh asks why thanks for stopping the music ? No no says Devi , you sing very well but only you should hear it. Thanks is for calling me Pon magaL. Akash quips , what about the next sentence ' PoruL kodi thandaaL ? Where did you give me the crore? Devi says ' you are a priceless person , so have given myself fully to you. Poor couple this sallabam is short lived. Their tug of war starts on the dining table ' Devi wants Akash to change his dress , wear the one she selected for him. Akash  not amused , gets irritated with her over powering nature , interfering in his personal tastes , tells her point blank ' doesn't like her dominating him. Devi says -not dominating just concern .The fight intensifies ' Akash  feels he has taken a hasty decision in tying the knot , openly admits it , complains that Devi is not the old Devi whom he used to adore during their courtship period. Devi is shocked , but ultimately has her way , makes Akash change his shirt. Tells him not to fight unnecessarily lest their marriage tie will break. Akash throws the [neck]tie on her face ' symbolic gesture.

Shanthi Nilayam . The hospital is buzz with the rumour of a terrorist admission. Patients want the ward change or discharge , each one sees the other as a terrorist- who is the terrorist , - Ivano , Avano , illai avaLo- all move around with the same doubt , be it a patient or a visitor or a ward boy or the nurse.

Rathi & Naren sitting in the beach. Rathi asks Naren why sitting like a mouna samiyar ? Naren  narrates his fear , PK must be following them , to his dismay sees a person sitting behind a boat and watching them , suspects him to be PK's man [ arandavan kaNNukku irundathellam pei]. Further tells Rathi , is unable to bear PK's torture , feels like running away from everything & everybody.Now wants only peace of mind. Rathi is hurt. Feels Naren is paranoid  , unnecessarily scared of PK , tells he needs psychiatric counselling , couple of sittings will do him good , feels he has mental depression. Naren gets wild hearing the word mental depression , it triggers off his telephonic conversation with PK -blackmailing Naren threatening to  make people talk about his mental depression.'[ Come on Naren , Don't back out. MuLLa MuLLala edu. Resort to same suave villathanam.]

Thodarum

Edited by rojapoooo - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Eljay - I totally forgot to open a thread !!!! Hmmm Ezhil pest spreading lies - PK 's hand thaan , vera enna??
eclat thumbnail
Thanks Eljay

Hopefully Devi is able to bring into light play acting by  those two PINs - soon.  She knows PK better than anyone else there.  And KB sir engaLukku ivvaLavu villathanam digest aagaadhu. pls..
eclat thumbnail
@Eljay - PIN = Pain in the Neck ðŸ˜Š
eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks, eclat!  Yes, both PK and Ezhil are being major PINs, and this serial is beginning to resemble all the other serials now.  Earlier, we had some interesting stuff like the kidnapping and the kidney transplant case, as well as the MUrugan episode, and Salima, and each problem was being resolved swiftly while the story moved along.  Now there is the terrorist angle so probably the director thought he should bring in the triangles here too, with PK and Ezhil.  If this goes on for too long, I will give up on this serial which I thought being a KB one would be different and better.
eclat thumbnail
Yes this Ezhil pisaasu and her boss pisaasu episode is getting way too long. I even forgot to watch the show tonight. Just remembered and it was aired half hour ago.
pattuppudavai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Devi rightly asked why did PK leave that profitable business to invest here?  Akash, indha line la think pannuppaa..

'Priya wants to have chapathi'- 
mazhai 'cho' nnu kottaNum... sitting in balcony with some carnatic music on (MS, Sudha or Jaishree), korichufying hot pakora... aahaa, idhu sugamO sugam..
pattuppudavai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
(Where is my Atma album - so long since I've listened to those songs )
I'm listening to these songs immediately after the show...
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Eclat - this GDP is the one who is going to save the SN goats.
Nice of her to pep up Vicky. Apram antha Ezhil , ayyo da, after all this, do you expect Naren to marry you even if he falls out with rathy??? No kidding.
hareramk thumbnail
Engager 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Didn't know KB's serial is going on, interesting. Episodes look new to me. Will get update from friends, read updates and come back to comment. Thanks for the updater's.