The Defense blood speak on Independence day

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

The Defense blood speak on Independence Day...

Monday, August 15, 2011 | 10:56:39 AM IST (+05:30 GMT) 48 Comments
The Defense blood speak on Independence Day...

Tellydom stars from defense background speak about their childhood memories of their life...

Being a civilian, sometimes we fail to understand the importance of Independence Day, and like many others, we take it as another day that adds on to the list of holidays. We crib about the power cuts, the dirty paths, the unexpected terror threats and various other stuffs.

But have we ever thought of people who are from defense family who spend every minute of their life thinking about their members at the border protecting our country? Have we ever thought how difficult their life would be and how close and emotionally attached are they to our mother India?

TellyBuzz talked to some of the popular actors who proudly call themselves as people from Defense background and here they talk.

Gurmeet Choudhary
My dad was in the Army and there have been a lot of memories during my days at the cantonment. We were brought under strict discipline where we had specific time to sleep, to get up and go to the gym etc, which a normal civilian kid must not really have undergone. I guess we are more disciplined and we know the value of time.
On Independence Day it was a pleasure to the eyes when we see uniformed people around us. We have the patriotic feeling in us which is really enthralling and brings us close to the country. But sadly nowadays the day has indeed become another holiday. It is a surprise that people who wish me on Friendship Day and Valentine's Day, do not wish me for Independence Day. But I make it a point to send messages to my friends.
I would like to tell that lend out your hand to the needy, not just today in particular, but everyday of your life and dedicate your deeds for your country.