Sheldon_Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

The actor director duo will reunite after Rockstar for Sajid Nadiadwala's dream action film

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Thursday, August 11, 2011 at 02:27:58 AM

They both decided not to be repetitive in their creative zones. And now, they are both breaking the rule. Ranbir Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali who swore not to work with the same director or actor respectively will be coming together yet again after Rockstar for a film to be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.

there is no room for repetition. After his rather tragic experience with his only 'repeat' director Siddharth Anand (Bachna Ae Haseenon followed by Anjaana Anjaani) Ranbir was more determined than ever to go down his wishlist of directors without any repetition. Imtiaz Ali too had decided not to repeat his actors in any of his films.

The actor and director have now broken their own rules. In a film to be produced by Ranbir's dear friend Sajid Nadiadwala, the Rockstar actor and director are all set to collaborate again. And that explains Ranbir's frequent visits to Sajid's office.

A source revealed, "There has been a lot of speculation surrounding Ranbir's frequent visits to Sajid Nadiadwala's office. Many even believed that Ranbir may replace Shah Rukh Khan in Nadiadwala's 2 States. But that's not true. Sajid actually wants Ranbir in a hardcore action film. And he wants Imtiaz Ali to direct Ranbir i his first full fledged action film."

"The action genre is something that Imtiaz hasn't dabbled with so far. Sajid too is ready to invest really well for the project," added the source.

Sajid Nadiadwala doesn't deny the fact that he's planning another film with Ranbir after Anjaana Anjaani. "He is so versatile. I want him to do something he hasn't done so far. Yes, we're looking seriously at an action film. However who will direct it I can't say at the moment."

What we do know is that Imtiaz has been signed on by Nadidwala nearly two years back. Perhaps for this action film.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

rockstar has been dragged for so long that i lost the little excitement i had for watching it..ranbir needs to do something to make himself relevant

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I wonder if this film has Deepika...

because last week Imtiaz Ali had this to say about Deepika..timing is strange..

"Deepika has a great emotional quality that will always stand her in good stead. I can see that she has a great journey ahead as an actress. I have seen her as a child-woman having the principles and values of the middle-class and yet never forgetting that she is also a film's heroine and stepping up to match the demands of being a diva. She is making changes in her appearance, looking the part. Yet she retains the innocence of the middle-class South Indian girl she came in as."

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/insecurity-is-a-good-thing/828033/

Also last night Jitesh Pillai tweeted that though he is not sure..Ranbir and Deepika may be doing a film together...article is also from Mirror a Times publication like filmfare

@jiteshpillaai Jitesh Pillaai
I'm not sure about this at all, but it does look like ranbir kapoor and deepika padukone may star in a film soon:)
8 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry
Edited by you2 - 12 years ago

Good the couple is back together again. I thought he was spending way to much time with Aryan M (Eraser will get what I mean)  lol

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
First the shld see if Rockstar works...then go on about another film... Uff Sajid Nadiawala..nooo Imli don't!