Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SuperDuper01 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hmmmmmmm....Yeh i Agree With Apurna Di.......
vEry well said.......
Wht i basically think iz that we shud make ourselves good and the rest will become goooood toooo...........
   ๐Ÿ˜Š
samie thumbnail
i feel asianz in ma skool r racist particularly ma frenz who r muslimz as they spaek in urdu in front of every1 even tho they know perfect english i feel sorry 4 those th@ dont understand wh@ they say as they have always asked me if they r speakin bout them as they dont get wh@ ma frenz r sayin. n many have asked me y i dont speak ma langugae in front of them n i always tell em as i know how they feel as ma best friend is russian n when she talks 2 her sister they speak in russian whic doesnt seem fair as i dont understand wh@ they r sayin so i try not 2 fall in th@ level

i believe asians r racist but dont seem 2 notice it th@ way like they dont do it intentionally
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I had this experience some of you may not believe it but now that it's a racism topic then why not๐Ÿ˜ณ

I had this friend, she's Black, and when she came I made her my friend and I supported her in her studies coz she was new in our school. And then one day it was 1st lesson and I saw her copying my coursework. I was SHOCKED. And what she did was to cut that piece of paper where it says my name (using Header and Footer in MS Word). She was typing it in her account.๐Ÿ˜ญ

I then went off from there to form room (we were in library). I felt betrayed coz I helped her in what ever she asked for and now after stealing my coursework from my Science book she copied it.

Then I told my Form Tutor she said she'll talk to her and then she did. I went to my Science teacher then to tell her about what happened coz if it was same then my coursework would have been disqualified.

My teacher said okay if I see its same as yours then I'd tell her to do again. When I came back she was staring at me and giving me evils. Then it was second lesson of Textiles and she had D.T lesson. I was talking to my friend and she came there and threatened me to not to tell anyone about it otherwise she'll hit me/slap me. I was again SHOCKED. Then I didn't talk to her and when she used to see me she gave me evils but I ignored it.๐Ÿ˜ญ

Then it was Half Term holidays and after these holidays when I came back to school she didn't came and then I used to see this dream that some different kind of animal, kind of snake which are think of harmful, it was different but I used to see that it was getting weaker and it used to stay away from me.

Then one night I saw again the same dream but it was that, that animal became stronger and fatter and it came up to me, I woke up then.

I went to school next morning and I was again SHCOKED to see her there. And then we had science lesson and everyone was looking at her and laughing and talking about her. I wondered what it was and I came to know that she's preggy. I then thought okay lets just forget whatever happened lets give her courage coz she was gonna cry if the lesson didn't finished. Then I walked up to her and said listen ______ (her name) don't worry, they are just stupid you know. I wasn't sure if she was preggy or not but anyways it doesn't matter to me if she was or not.

Anyways then I came to know that she's preggy and she'll come back to school after the delivery thing in October 2005.

Then I thought okay, what ever happened with her was bad. And then in October she didn't came and I don't think she will come ot school now coz everybody will make fun of her.

Anyways I agree with Samie to an extenet that I have this mate, she's Pakistani too, and she used to talk to me in Urdu when other white people were in front of us. And I used to reply to her in English coz it's rude to speak in other language when someone doesn't know it.

One day she said to me to talk  in Urdu in front of them and I said I wont coz its rude. Then I was moved up in other class (coz I got good grades in Year 10 and they moved me to Higher class, yayyyyy) and she in that same class I think.

Then I never talked to her.

But yes I know these girls who speak in Urdu and say bad things. One day they even tried on me but I kept on ignoring them coz I knew that if they come to know that I know Urdu too then they will keep on saying that kinda stuff to me. And thankfully it worked now they don't say anything. But it's rude, I think.

About me, I'm not at all racist person at all, Thank God. Coz I think everyone's equal no matter what race they belong to, what colour is their skin etc. I just believe in treating everyone equally and that I do.

Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpion134

I had this experience some of you may not believe it but now that it's a racism topic then why not๐Ÿ˜ณ

I had this friend, she's Black, and when she came I made her my friend and I supported her in her studies coz she was new in our school. And then one day it was 1st lesson and I saw her copying my coursework. I was SHOCKED. And what she did was to cut that piece of paper where it says my name (using Header and Footer in MS Word). She was typing it in her account.๐Ÿ˜ญ

I then went off from there to form room (we were in library). I felt betrayed coz I helped her in what ever she asked for and now after stealing my coursework from my Science book she copied it.

Then I told my Form Tutor she said she'll talk to her and then she did. I went to my Science teacher then to tell her about what happened coz if it was same then my coursework would have been disqualified.

My teacher said okay if I see its same as yours then I'd tell her to do again. When I came back she was staring at me and giving me evils. Then it was second lesson of Textiles and she had D.T lesson. I was talking to my friend and she came there and threatened me to not to tell anyone about it otherwise she'll hit me/slap me. I was again SHOCKED. Then I didn't talk to her and when she used to see me she gave me evils but I ignored it.๐Ÿ˜ญ

Then it was Half Term holidays and after these holidays when I came back to school she didn't came and then I used to see this dream that some different kind of animal, kind of snake which are think of harmful, it was different but I used to see that it was getting weaker and it used to stay away from me.

Then one night I saw again the same dream but it was that, that animal became stronger and fatter and it came up to me, I woke up then.

I went to school next morning and I was again SHCOKED to see her there. And then we had science lesson and everyone was looking at her and laughing and talking about her. I wondered what it was and I came to know that she's preggy. I then thought okay lets just forget whatever happened lets give her courage coz she was gonna cry if the lesson didn't finished. Then I walked up to her and said listen ______ (her name) don't worry, they are just stupid you know. I wasn't sure if she was preggy or not but anyways it doesn't matter to me if she was or not.

Anyways then I came to know that she's preggy and she'll come back to school after the delivery thing in October 2005.

Then I thought okay, what ever happened with her was bad. And then in October she didn't came and I don't think she will come ot school now coz everybody will make fun of her.

Anyways I agree with Samie to an extenet that I have this mate, she's Pakistani too, and she used to talk to me in Urdu when other white people were in front of us. And I used to reply to her in English coz it's rude to speak in other language when someone doesn't know it.

One day she said to me to talk  in Urdu in front of them and I said I wont coz its rude. Then I was moved up in other class (coz I got good grades in Year 10 and they moved me to Higher class, yayyyyy) and she in that same class I think.

Then I never talked to her.

But yes I know these girls who speak in Urdu and say bad things. One day they even tried on me but I kept on ignoring them coz I knew that if they come to know that I know Urdu too then they will keep on saying that kinda stuff to me. And thankfully it worked now they don't say anything. But it's rude, I think.

About me, I'm not at all racist person at all, Thank God. Coz I think everyone's equal no matter what race they belong to, what colour is their skin etc. I just believe in treating everyone equally and that I do.

Hi Scorpio what happened to you wasn't Racism- discrimination on the basis of skin colour.

What you faced was an encounter with a nasty girl . What this girl did to you , could have been done by some one with your own skin colour too. Its wrong , but there are mean people sometimes who do these things . This meanness has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.

You've tried hard enought to be her friend , i suppose don't bother now.

samie thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Hi Scorpio what happened to you wasn't Racism- discrimination on the basis of skin colour.

What you faced was an encounter with a nasty girl . What this girl did to you , could have been done by some one with your own skin colour too. Its wrong , but there are mean people sometimes who do these things . This meanness has nothing to do with the colour of your skin.

You've tried hard enought to be her friend , i suppose don't bother now.

thanx 4 sharin ur story aji ๐Ÿ˜Š

ne ways ma frenz say th@ i am ashamed of ma culture coz i dont speak urdu, i jus reply we live in england n so we should @ least think of ppl around us. the truth is i am not ashamed of ma culture ma baqground or ne thin els 2 do wid ma religion i jus dont speak urdu or pari much @ home as ma mom is also british born n ma dad can understand english 2 so i ma whole family basically speaks english but if needs be i do then speak ma language so i dont c y me not speakin in another language offends ppl

mkzara thumbnail
i think we asians r racist, i try not to be but i feel that we r so used to it that we dont realize it. I mean most asian people are more likely to feel threatened by a black man than a white man and it is instinct for us tho the black man is not likely to be more dangerous than a white man. We just do a lot of stuff instinctually and that is a problem. you guys should see the movie crash because it deals with all forms of racism in america. i dont think that black people are less about family and values and careers it is just a fact that they dont get as many opportunities. in america right now they are employing affirmative action to help them get more chances. there is a lot of discrimination against blacks which is the biggest reason that they rn't doing that well in society because they r discrimated against.Edited by mkzara - 18 years ago
Aparna_BD thumbnail

Originally posted by: mkzara

i think we asians r racist, i try not to be but i feel that we r so used to it that we dont realize it. I mean most asian people are more likely to feel threatened by a black man than a white man and it is instinct for us tho the black man is not likely to be more dangerous than a white man. We just do a lot of stuff instinctually and that is a problem. you guys should see the movie crash because it deals with all forms of racism in america. i dont think that black people are less about family and values and careers it is just a fact that they dont get as many opportunities. in america right now they are employing affirmative action to help them get more chances. there is a lot of discrimination against blacks which is the biggest reason that they rn't doing that well in society because they r discrimated against.

I have seen Crash . Its a fantastic film . Also about affirmative action i am two minds about it . Like reservations that were made in India for harijans ( SC /ST) . A caste that was oppressed for a long time . Well that could be another topic for debate. good idea . will post it later or maybe you could .๐Ÿ˜›
indiaforums1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice discussion.
Many of us asians are racists, specifically towards black people. When I came to USA, I was told that beware of black people, they are more likely to shoot you in a motel? That's when I learned what kind of impression indians had of black people in here.

To some extent, these racist attitudes among asians are learned from white people. A lot of us idolize white people and their life-styles. Therefore, we take on their attitudes towards black people also. I know some of you might say that white people are no longer prejudiced, but that's not true.
Me_Anonymous thumbnail
my mates are racist, i feel like it
coz they have these special names for ppl from Pak and India
"Freshy"
i hate it wen they say it its like who r u? just think about it
and i remember this incident in ma school, well i wasnt there wen that happened but i heard about it
it was that For the Year book, some gals were takin pics and this 1 white gal, also their friend, walked upto them and said can i join you lot and they said no you cant coz its all "Asian Group" pic
and then those white gals asked me and some other ppl that wat is that now, isnt it racism
and wen we say anything like this, its considers as racism
i think ppl should be more Mature while saying things like this
Me_Anonymous thumbnail

Originally posted by: samie

thanx 4 sharin ur story aji ๐Ÿ˜Š

ne ways ma frenz say th@ i am ashamed of ma culture coz i dont speak urdu, i jus reply we live in england n so we should @ least think of ppl around us. the truth is i am not ashamed of ma culture ma baqground or ne thin els 2 do wid ma religion i jus dont speak urdu or pari much @ home as ma mom is also british born n ma dad can understand english 2 so i ma whole family basically speaks english but if needs be i do then speak ma language so i dont c y me not speakin in another language offends ppl

she was bein racist to me after that incident in Science lesson and she called me a Paki which is a racist word and she said that these Pakis and Indians are bla bla bla

sorry my mistake i forgot it last time, but she was bein racist to me

and its not all the people which are racist but it just depends on your luck, if ur lucky u wont meet ppl like them and if ur unlucky u might meet ppl like them๐Ÿ˜†

i hsd this other mate and she's black too but she never said anything like this and she's really good but its just that i tried to befriend with that person who never made me their friend๐Ÿ˜†

anyways i'm happy it happened that it made me realise that not all people are helpful and one shouldnt be so kind to anyone๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

and Samie this gal siad the same thing to me wen i was trying to speak Tamil, as my friend is tamil, and i said it once but then i didnt and this gal said y r u ashamed of ur culture i said its not my culture but yes i'm not ashamed of it, its just that i cant speak it properly so i hesitated sayin it again๐Ÿ˜ณ

ppl do think if 1 doesnt speak the language they know, ppl think they are ashamed of thier culture

Edited by scorpion134 - 18 years ago