It's not fair!!

PreciousPri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I know when u say this the 1st reply u get is that life's not fair ... but this is seriously not fair at all 😡

After reading a few articles about various shows on Colors which at some time were doing well or seemed to be doing well... now they have tracks coming up/started which make no sense at all n r pathetic .. just to drag the show further n make it lose any viewers it has👎🏼 

i dont see any of these shows but just going by articles

Take LTL 4 example.. after the male lead went .. people have lost interest in it .. n CVs r still continuing the show with tracks like female lead marrying another parallel lead

UT... new characters being introduced ... not finishing up wiv previous tracks n characters n still there is nothing interesting about the show... its like they have opened up a can of worms which r running round cluelessly 😕

NAIDL... i used to see it until they killed off Raghav n Sia... n now tracks like Bhanupratap fantasising over his DIL's sis 🤢 n Ammaji's sons plotting against her 😕

N from articles all viewers are screaming to shut such rubbish n yet they manage to stay on screen .. wot the heck is going on 😕😡

Parichay (BTs next on Colors) .. gets a prime tym slot ... n MB shifts to 11pm slot... n when the same was asked for BP.. it was brutally off aired 😡... i had a feeling BT will not settle for anything other than a prime tym slot n thats exactly wot happened ... but then y different treatment wiv BP?

i know this is a dog eat dog world n the excuse 4 BP was low TRP's but still its so unfair ...Im sure if BP had been given a different tym slot i would have watched it whether it would have been 11pm or midday ...

So its just not bloody fair at all  😡

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savitha0101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yup...that's true preci y this treatment nly fr BP 😡 They're pulling the shows lyk bubble gum 😆😆😆
just today read in Mumbai Mirror that they're replacing main lead of MB that Ashutosh Rana is playing the role of I M Virani...They hav gone nuts!!

uxghya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yess agree  prec and savi they ar enusts really how can they drag all this boring shows  of course peaple loose there intrest 
Tinacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ Precious Pri: I guess audiences get majorly emotionally driven when it comes to their fav shows and actors and I completely understand ur feeling.
But to take a complete pragmatic approach to the issue, on Colors channel itself  for one UT and BV are the channel drivers I mean they are shows that are very high on popularity and have dedicated audiences who follow the show religiously even though the current tracks are pathetic and a complete drag and thereby they are retained no matter what bcoz they are still getting the TRP's for the channel. Sharad himself admitted that he took up UT mainly bcoz it is a show very high on the TRP charts.

LTL lost ground when the earlier Datta (Mishal) left the show until then it was hugely popular and very high on TRP's but still it has its loyal audience which still meet the required TRP the channel needs to retain the show and are willing to run it with Shabbir (the new Datta) which is costing the channel huge bucks that should tell u something.

Parichey is getting very good pre launch response from the audience as well as the media as Ekta is in full form now after BALH doing very well on Sony and she is expecting to hit gold with this one as well and honestly it does look good. MB has not been doing well in that slot anyways even though it has a very good storyline(SAD). Also to be completely fair Shiv Subramanium who plays one of the lead protagnists on MB is not at all convincing and really one always had this coming. That character needed somebody very strong with a power packed screen presence to play the role of IM Virani and Ashutosh Rane would do a great job if he did take up that role as he did confirm that he has been approached to do the role. Some damage control there?? One will have to wait n see if its too late already.

Bairi did take off very well but somehow it did not register very well with the Indian audience and it was steadily declining on the TRP charts and was on the radar since April of last year when they tried to do something different with storyline shifting focus from the village to Meerut but that track fell flat and took the show further down in TRP charts. One always knew the axe was coming.

Somehow even though we loved to death the DV/amoli pair but not many felt that they where the ideal onscreen pair.

Sharad is also focusing on films now  because I think a man of his caliber cannot just stick to the Rom-com as he needs to focus on his career and a bigger canvas is always better.

The last time I conversed with him he did mention that television is off for a few months. He has a lot of things on his plate right now namely his Marathi Film and also travel to US for professional commitments. So lets hope these guys who left such a deep impact on us with their performances get to do something bigger and better and wish them luck as long as we get to witness them on screen whether together or separately. Amen.

king99 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Pri-- I am agreement with you 100%.  I just don't  understand these people who make the decisions to keep the show running when you have fans on Uttran clearly saying to end the soap.  The storylines appear to have an end on these shows, and yet they still drag them on.  I assume the basis of TPRs is what they go by.  I will never fail to understand how these things work.

DV/Amoli for me were the eternal couple.  I have never been so addicted to a show or a character such as DV and Amoli.  I can never regret the pairing or the storyline which BP represented.  For me they just had amazing chemistry.  I just don't matter, guess what matters is what the channel and PH feels.  Look how Colors had kept on the show Bhagavadita even though it had lower ratings than BP for such a longer period of time.  They could have changed the time slots, but then again it was ego that clashed with Ekta and Colors. 

Another reason I fail to understand is why Supriya is not being cast on Colors.  Every other actor from BP had been approached to do a show on Colors either it be Sharad, Suren, Radhe, DV mom, Dipesh, and now on HSL that Priyvanta is on too.  So why is Supiya being sidelined from Colors?

@Consuela -- yaar yeah dil nahi manta and today it still wants more of DV and Amoli.  But I am greatful for the show as it really did bring joy into my life.  I do not regret petitioning for it and still demanding it back.  Oh well.
Edited by king99 - 12 years ago
PreciousPri thumbnail

Originally posted by: Savitha0101

yup...that's true preci y this treatment nly fr BP 😡 They're pulling the shows lyk bubble gum 😆😆😆

Tell me about it 🥱 ... it just is passed me how things seem to work here 😕😲

just today read in Mumbai Mirror that they're replacing main lead of MB that Ashutosh Rana is playing the role of I M Virani...They hav gone nuts!!

Seriously!! well like u know i do watch MB 4 only 1 character n that is IMV .. a shrewd n in-ur-face business man... n to be honest i found the actor playing him a bit wooden ... maybe the new change will do the show some good... wivout him the epi seems dragged... its a nice n interesting story but it really needs to pick up some speed ... oh BTW i love ur pic 😉🤣

PreciousPri thumbnail

Originally posted by: uxghya

yess agree  prec and savi they ar enusts really how can they drag all this boring shows  of course peaple loose there intrest 

Thats precisely the reason for me losing my cool .. i just dont get it
PreciousPri thumbnail
@consuela n Saba... i have read ur replies but i have to go at the mo... but i will surely reply as soon as i get the chance... thank you for your views 😊

Also sorry 4 the delay in replying to all of u... as u are aware its quite hectic here due to the riots across the UK hence my absence 😳 
Gopiii thumbnail
Bairi Piya was awesome and Supriya is my favorite actress.
Edited by Limraina - 12 years ago
Tinacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@King99: I do understand gurl what u must be feeling and it was not to deflate your love for your fav show which also happens to be my fav.
But to answer your question about the TRP system. Let me tell you that the percentage of people that comment on the IF forum here is very small in comparison to the actual numbers who watch the various shows. So even though u have Uttaran fans on this forum asking and requesting the show to shut shop but it is a very teeny percentage.
Generally the people who comment on this forum form the percent of the youth population.
That will explain to you why all the Star one shows draw so many numbers and all the articles related to their shows and actors get commented on very heavily. But many of those shows do not even feature in the TAM 100 list.
Whereas all the articles related to the top rated shows might not get that many comments.
Also a channel gets TRP even if u have that channel on but might not even watch for a single second as u could be busy doing other things like making a call or doing some work, etc.
I will sum by saying that we all love Bairi a lot and have loved the jodi of DV/Amoli but I guess all good things do come to an end whether we like it or not.
 "Don't cry that it is over smile that it happened."

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND KEEP SMILING 😊Edited by consuela - 12 years ago