Gautam Hegde Article- IPKKND

farah007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
http://rangmunchtv.blogspot.com/2011/08/gautam-hegde-on-iss-pyaar-ko-kyaa-naam.html

Gautam Hegde on: Iss Pyaar ko Kyaa Naam doon and Saath Nibhana Saathiya

Writer Gautam Hedge has many hit shows to his credit. If you are hard core romantic and love watching the leads falling in love and look forward to their moments together, then there is no way you haven't watched Gautam's shows. Lets kill your curiosity and tell you a little more about this writer. Miley Jab Hum Tum, Santaan, Love Ne Mila Di Jodi, Geet Hui Sabse Parayi have all had Gautam's contribution in them.

He is currently working on three shows Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon?  and Sapno se bhare Naina on Star Plus as the screenplay writer. Despite his busy working schedule, he made it a point to write back to us as he had promised us an interview. 

As we read, we became audience ourselves, and totally enjoyed the interview. I hope you will too!

4.  Iss Pyaar ko kya naam doon, as opposed to Saathiya has the makings of an intense love story. How do you ensure through your writing that there is latent chemistry between the leads though there is not much of direct interaction between the two?

The fun in IPK is that even when they are not together, they are still together, in each other's thoughts. And when they are together, they don't want to be together. Its that I hate you (like I Love You) phase right now. It's the most exciting phase of romance I feel.

5. Women hate to love Arnav and his coldness, while writing his scenes, how do you know what to write for Arnav? How do you balance between making him look brutal yet vulnerable?

Arnav has a troubled past that has made him what he is. He has become cold to people who are not a part of his world or his ideologies. If you see how much he cares for his didi, you feel he is such a sweetheart. he may say he cares a damn but he is always affected- he cares for his plants... he is fond of gardening. He is like those plants, they cant express themselves, but they still have a life. They are just like him- he cant express freely. Also, we are lucky to have gotten Barun to play ASR. His eyes are superbly intense.

6. As a person how much do you believe in the phrase "Nafrat paas aane na de, Mohabbat door jaane na de "

Totally. It's so romantic. Imagine being attracted to someone whose face you don't want to see. You cant get that person off your head. Worse, such opposites, she's full of life, he's reserved, she believes in God, he is an atheist, she loves jalebis, he is a diabetic. Aah, I love them more again! 

7. What is that you like about the character of Khushi? How do you get into the skin of a female character while being a male writing scenes?

Khushi started getting more and more clearer as we kept writing her. She is so full of life. It was Gul (producer Gul Khan)'s idea that she cooks when she is stressed. She is someone who is scared, but still musters courage because she knows Devi Maiyya is with her. She is so clumsy and ends up goofing around. She is not miss perfect. I liked these 2 lines the dialogue writer Hitesh Kewalya wrote- Di, ek jawaab ke saath do sawaal mere liye muft kyun aate hai/ and har problem pe Khushi Kumari Gupta ka naam kyun likha hota hai...' I think that pretty much sums up how she is. Our darling Chamkeeli!  

8. How different is writing a Starplus show from that of writing aStarOne show?

On Star One, when I wrote for Miley Jab Hum Tum and Love Ne Mila Di Jodi, the audience wss primarily young. on Star Plus, the catered age group is wider. There are young and old ones both. So, our drama cant be all yuppie and it cannot only be candy floss romance. We need to have family drama too. 

9. Would you write a scene, if you are personally not convinced with the way its being executed? Has it ever happened that you have pictured a scene in a particular way in your head but the outcome has been totally the opposite ( this could mean good or bad)

I have been pleasantly surprised with IPK a lot of times recently with their execution. On the dialogue level and on the set, the creative team- Megha, Anand, Gul- add a lot of nuances that take it a notch up. To answer the first part of your question, while writing if I have my doubts, I always clarify and we come up with a solution that's mutually agreed upon.

10. Do you read fan-fiction story on the various fan sites ? Would parallel stories running in the minds of fans and on the web alter your thinking process if you were to come across them? If it does, would you incorporate that into a storyline?

I haven't read these, so wouldn't be able to comment on this one.

11. A fun question, If Modi household was Hogwarts, Ahem Harry, and Gopi Hermoine, in a hypothetical situation, how would you make them fall in love for a day?

If Ahem is Harry, Gopi cant be Hermoine na? Hermonie kit oh Ron ki hai :P So Jigar will be Ron, Hermoine will be Rashi, Koki will be Voldmort and Gopi will be Ginny! Hang on, I will have to discuss this question with Ms Rowling and get back to you! Until next time... 

Scripted & Compiled by:

Swati Ghosh
Navyanka Varma
Niharika Vidya Sagar

(Rangmunch.tv Team)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farah007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
My favorite answer😊

6. As a person how much do you believe in the phrase "Nafrat paas aane na de, Mohabbat door jaane na de "

Totally. It's so romantic. Imagine being attracted to someone whose face you don't want to see. You cant get that person off your head. Worse, such opposites, she's full of life, he's reserved, she believes in God, he is an atheist, she loves jalebis, he is a diabetic. Aah, I love them more again! 😆
-Ramya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
gosh! loved his answers

thanks for sharing!
soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
After so many found our chiru ji.Missing you Mr.Hegde.I still remember In mjht days i sent him so many msgs and every time he replied me sweetly.You are a great writter and this time you also create magic.
Sidda8 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article. I'm happy we have such a talented writer creating our story. He is doing a fabulous job. 
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
A very good scriptwriter.
--HiNa-- thumbnail
awww he is totally right in this poing
we are lucky to have gotten Barun to play ASR. His eyes are superbly intense. he is right we are very veyr veyr lucky to have barun his eyes are truly intense
rechup thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Actually ASR is reserved and everyone are blaming poor BArun
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Loved the article.. Thanks for sharing..
And me too absolutely love the phrase "Nafrat paas aane na de, Mohabbat door jaane na de "
Its totally romantic , like he said..😍❤️ 
-Leah- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the interview.!! He is doing a great job so far.!!⭐️