sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Shekhar Suman
Rohit Roy
After Aman Varma, Shekhar Suman has opted out as co-anchor of the live interactive show, Dial One aur Jeeto, on SaharaOne.

From January 26, Rohit Roy (Karan of Zee drama Sarrkkar) will host the show, with Mandira Bedi. Along with Roy's entry in the show, the channel is making Dial One woman-centric — only female participants will be allowed on the programme.

Men banned

"Yes, I am on the show. My entry spells no entry for men. Only women will be allowed to be around me," laughs Roy, who began shooting for the Valentine Day special episode yesterday.

Dial One aur Jeeto is a dial-in show in which viewers call in, and are asked a couple of questions. These posers are based on topics like Indian general knowledge, current issues, Indian cinema, little known facts and mythology.

Prize rise

As the caller comes on the show to play the game, he or she is given prizes that include household appliances, jewellery and even cars. The caller must answer most questions correctly. To help them win more prizes, there is an extra question; once in the game, they can ask for a clue, which will help them crack the question.

Shekhar Suman, presently in New York, was unavailable for comment. Suman is seen in The Great Indian Comedy Show, and will also feature in season two of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge (Star One) from next month.

Meanwhile, in Sarrkkar, Roy's character of Karan has been depicted as dead, but will be back in the scheme of things. "I will rise from the dead soon," says Roy, who featured with wife Manasi in the Star One dance show, Nach Baliye.