OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
I missed the episode on 14th July as i was not home. While i was watching the scene when Guddu prepared the dinner with flowers and candles i was smiling so much. Let me tell you why.

Now i know that for the past few days all the romance we have seen between Gunjhun was they were eating together and i saw that some of the forum members were saying that they are fed up of seeing them eating and the scene was over too sweet 😆 to the point of Diabetes!! 
But i remember when my boyfriend and i were now dating - you know the few months when you will get to know each other???- we weren't familiar with each other.
So we used to meet each other after work and go have something to eat. Nearly every evening we were going out in some pizza place or burger place or KFC. Some one watching us would have said we were boring and they fed up seeing us going to eat something together.
But to us we were now in love and exploring each other. The time spent eating together we learnt so much about each other and it is within that same time spent eating together - it is when we will decide if this relationship is going to work or if we are so interested in each other. It's the period when most couples fall in love because during that simple "meeting and eating together period" it is when the little touching gestures surface and it show you the side of your partner that you have never seen before. For example when you go to the dinner place and he remembers what you like to eat and order it before you can even open your mouth. You obviously will be touched that he remembered and your heart will skip a beat 😆😳.

My point is that i believe this is what the cv's are trying to show right now because Gunjhun are new to each other right now and especially Runjhun- She needs to be nurtured and shown falling in love with Guddu and i look at each of Guddu's gestures as part of capturing her heart. I dont care how much times they show them eating together - i see a totally different scene when i watch them eating. It reminds me of what i spoke about above- The Falling In Love Transition.
I think the cv's are showing it perfectly as this is exactly how real life couples do it. They meet at cinemas - or go to dinner - feeding each other- then comes the holding hands - then maybe kiss on the cheek - then the real kiss - then the intimate parts.
So i believe Gunjhun will get there soon. Its the other parts of the show that is irritating me - Mitto right now and this bloody scary pundit.
Gunjhun eating scenes right now will have a plus side later on in the coming episodes. When the confusion starts and Runjhun finds out that Guddu was lying to her all this time- she will flash back to the times they spent eating and she will remember the dinner and all the small gestures that Guddu did for her and realise that she is in love ( that is if the cv's decide to do it this way😵).Guddu's treatment to her right now is a perfect contradiction to the doubts Runjhun is having at this moment thanks to Mitto.
I hope that you all understood what i was trying to say.
Feel free to comment. 😉

Edited by kittykisser - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree to what you say. There is another dimension to it too. They can be togather in the silence. That is very important that shows that they can now bear one anothers company and are feeling relaxed. They dont have to cover their feelings in words all the time insted they can enjoy the silence.

I was thinking of the song from ABBA like true frineds in silence.
simran_singh_24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: azuria

I agree to what you say. There is another dimension to it too. They can be togather in the silence. That is very important that shows that they can now bear one anothers company and are feeling relaxed. They dont have to cover their feelings in words all the time insted they can enjoy the silence.

I was thinking of the song from ABBA like true frineds in silence.

KK
Thanks for sharing. Agree with all these said so beautifully.

& Az
You took away my demand for dialogues & gestures by bringing in silence. 👏 Lend me your eyes.

Az- your inbox is full.
Edited by simran_singh_24 - 12 years ago
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice post Kitty, lovely sentiments. 👏

Great example of how smart ideas are keeping the show's heart beating, while the patient is on the operation table.

Food has always been a way for these characters to show caring. I love when Runjhun sends the tiffin with food to Kukkan and Jabbo. She also made the kheer for Guddu.

Food is also the way Guddu dominated her. He orders her often to make his food, of course the terrible paratha eating contest and compliments her food when he can't compliment her

@Simran, there is already a line in the forum for those of us that want AZ's eyes 😆

Okay that said, I kind of disagree with the food thing.  I get it that it is romantic and silence is companiable, but I find these scenes forced. Sorry, just have to say this

To me, the candlelight dinner was as painful as nails on a chalkboard (IMHO)

There is no need to have Guddu talk in this awkward manner. These characters used to have off-the-chart chemistry just sitting next to each other doing a puja, or arguing on the roof of PN. They did not need the artifice of conventional romantic moments to engage with each other and try to get to know each other. Remember when Guddu made fun of the movie, popcorn scenario? It is disconcerting now to have these scenes. I feel awkward watching the awkwardness planned by the Channel/Cv's for these two.

I understand that Guddu is doing it because it makes RJ happy. But to me it is actually putting more pressure on her and making things more awkward, as he is obviously romancing her. And also he is announcing out loud that he is romancing her. Good grief.  What is the need? They used to have a more natural intimacy that developed from just being around each other for 30 days. For instance, when she was eating the spicy food to punish herself, Guddu finally knocks it out of her hand and does not let her eat the salty kheer. To me that is much more expressive of care than the candlelight set-up

Love your posts Kitty!

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Great example of how smart ideas are keeping the show's heart beating, while the patient is on the operation table.

Food has always been a way for these characters to show caring. I love when Runjhun sends the tiffin with food to Kukkan and Jabbo. She also made the kheer for Guddu.

Food is also the way Guddu dominated her. He orders her often to make his food, of course the terrible paratha eating contest and compliments her food when he can't compliment her

@Simran, there is already a line in the forum for those of us that want AZ's eyes 😆

Okay that said, I kind of disagree with the food thing.  I get it that it is romantic and silence is companiable, but I find these scenes forced. Sorry, just have to say this

There is no need to have Guddu talk in this awkward manner. These characters used to have off-the-chart chemistry just sitting next to each other doing a puja, or arguing on the roof of PN. They did not need the artifice of conventional romantic moments to engage with each other and try to get to know each other. Remember when Guddu made fun of the movie, popcorn scenario? It is disconcerting now to have these scenes. I feel awkward watching the awkwardness planned by the Channel/Cv's for these two.

I understand that Guddu is doing it because it makes RJ happy. But to me it is actually putting more pressure on her and making things more awkward, as he is obviously romancing her. And also he is announcing out loud that he is romancing her. Good grief.  What is the need? They used to have a more natural intimacy that developed from just being around each other for 30 days. For instance, when she was eating the spicy food to punish herself, Guddu finally knocks it out of her hand and does not let her eat the salty kheer. To me that is much more expressive of care than the candlelight set-up

Love your posts Kitty!

Hmmm very nice perspective.
I agree that some silence is needed between them because that is where the chemistry is. My post really focused on the eating together part and not the dialogue part.
Those silent scenes you mentioned happened when Guddu was the angry man - and i have been asking for the past few days --- Where is the Gunda?????
Has he disappeared??
So really and truly we should be calling on the cv's to return the Dabaang Guddu we all fell in love with. It is one of the things that attracted us to the show in the first place.
When Runjhun challenged Guddu for the 30 days - i always said i hope the cv's keep the rough and tough Guddu but he can be soft towards runjhun- i believe that went out the window !!
tehzeeb25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
gr8 post kitty ...
I agree them eating togather is progress in thier relationship ...
Though i have no experience bout luv and never had a boyfrnd ...but still those little things guddu doing r sooo sweet n touching ...hooope every thing turns out good for gunjun ...
Dhanujp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Love your posts Kitty!

@ Kitty ! Wonderful Post :) 👏

@JP ... Blue Lines ... You stole my words :) ⭐️

Sorry to say this...

I did not find ANY romance in that candle light dinner :( There was no need of the dinner scene at all. Also Guddu's filmy dialogues was little too much for the scene :( Now a days Guddu is talking too much :(

Also Runjhun telling Guddu that " if u have done with ur filmy dialogues, we can start eating " was sounding harsh, when he was trying to be so romantic :( 😡

My Likes & Dislikes on the candlelight dinner !

Dislikes :

1 Same food & that too out side food ( Palak Panner & Roti :(
2 Both looked very tired
3 Runhjun was NOT looking beautiful in those lights that day. she was  ONLY looking worried :(
4 This dinner was not in place as specially, after a long day of shopping & chasing & bashing
5 Not a candle dinner after they know that, their house was trying to be robbed :(

1 Guddu's SMILE
2 Guddu's SMILE
3 Guddu's SMILE in the burning candlelight :) 🤗🤗

Rather then this dinner, they could have done something better for their romance building like... They could have done some kind for  decoration for their new home, like Put on new bedsheets together, moving up furnitures, arranging some new things in kitchen ... Some thing like that... We could have got better eye chemistry between them :)

@JP - " your DOORS played a Big Role between Guddu & Runhjun for their candlelight dinner as well :) " 😆

azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That Candel light dinner.

I did not find it romantic like many others on the forum. What I saw was not Guddu romancing Runjhun insted I saw a Guddu trying to erase the sour taste of the whole day.

It started with the news article and then with Jabbo and after that the broken lock and on top of that someone has to fix the food. Its a normal need of food after a hard days work.

Guddu brought food and other stuff to divert Runjhun from what they had gone through the day. For us it was three days but for them it was one and same day off course they are burdened with all that happened during the day.
He had taken her out with the thouht to keep her away and give her a sightseeing and a day out with him. It did not turned out that way. The least he could do was to make her spare more work and worry  at home and try to give some semblance of appriciation for her. Since the date did not worked out.

So he did what he could , fixed the food and brought floweres and made a candlelight dinner. He wanted to lighten upp her mood nothing more.

Thats what i saw , would love to know others views and opinions.
azuria
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
  What I like about the eating part is their concern if the other one has eaten. I find that a true sign of affection. Is something that we all do with people that we care about. Our parents always used to ask us: Have you eat? And don't you forget to eat something before u go! (some parents continue to ask us this questions even when we are grown ups).
  For two people who have been lonely until now I think it means a lot to have someone that is concern if they ate, which indirectly means that the other one is concern with the other well being.
Edited by etna - 12 years ago
peachesandcream thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Good post Kitty.

Eating has definitely marked the progression of the Guddu Runjhun relationship.  As others have commented he goes from being demanding and throwing things to insisting she eat with him or before him.  He is showing his caring for her.  For R this is a new experience since when has anyone other then Amma cared if she has eaten.  This is also an expression on a level that R is familiar with because we have seen when she is unable to express feelings for G she is seen to be concerned about whether he has eaten or not. 

The candlelight dinner however did not seem a romantic scene to me.  Candlelight dinners generally are suppposed to be romantic but I did not find this scene romantic.  It did not inspire me to rewatch.  I also did not like R's dialogue about G's filmy dialogue and found it too harsh.  If we look at this scene as just friendship and G's attempt to distract R from the difficulties of the day then it is a nice scene to see.