katrina_petrova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Hi frnds I got the idea last day and shaped it into words. Ignore the gram. errors.

Hope you like it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time

Year: 1995

I'm Arjun Singhania and this is my story.

I walk through the woods and soft chilly wind embraces me. I look up to the sky to find an unclouded sky. I was professor at the university. Even after my retirement I visit it everyday because of the love that I get from my students. Yet I find myself alone.

At the age of 65 now I realize how lonely my life has been. I wake up every night tormented by the nightmares. Life has been hell without her. I miss her.

I went inside the University wondering what life would have been if she was with me. With that thought my mind travelled back to the year when we met, to the year of independence.

Year: 1947

I was 17. I belonged to a family of activists and revolutionists. I was the youngest and the one who was never interested in all this. In my family the two people who were madly involved in the revolutions were my father and my brother. Life was not so good around them since I never wanted to get involved in all this I was scolded almost every other day. One day I was so devastated by all this that I decided to go on a small vacation without telling my parents.
So I sneaked out with my friends and we three went to a small village called Harshil. It was the month of January so it was chilly there and used to snow very often. Three days there and we blend in well.

It was 16th of January when I met her for the first time. It was unbearable cold that day. The bone chilling winds and the never ending thunders scared my friends and they decided to stay inside that day. But I was never afraid of anything so I went outside anyway. I zoomed around the village then went to the Bhagirathi River. I was sitting on the bank of the river when I saw a girl coming out of the woods through the fog. She was on the other side of the river. I stood up to get a better view and that is when I slipped. The only thing I remember after that is the water was ice cold and my whole body was jammed and I was going down.

When I opened my eyes I found myself inside a room but it was not where we were staying. My eyes popped open when I saw a blurred figure approach me. I saw a beautiful girl standing in front of me with concern in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asked in bell chiming voice.

"Hmm" this is all I was able to say.

After sometime when I bettered I left but not before I asked her name and heard the most beautiful name in the world Arohi.

After that day I never missed a day to visit the River. The first day she smiled I smiled and we went our ways. The next day I waved then she did the same. Days passed and this is all we did. But one day I decided to talk to her. I crossed the wooden log and talked to her at first we were very shy but then we eased. Every day without a fail I visited her talked to her. But we made sure no one knew about it because back then this all was supposed a crime.

And then came a day when realization struck me that I was in love. That is when I confessed my love and to my surprise she accepted it too. One day I was talking to her when a village girl saw me. And she later warned me not to mix with her because she is the daughter of the traitor. Her father helped the British to suppress the revolution. I firstly ignored it but when I thought about it the only thing that came into my mind was that I never asked her about her family neither did she ever told me. I had doubt in my mind. So the next day I asked her and she did not reply.

"I know any explanation of mine would not satisfy your question but all I know is that my father did not do anything to deprive us of our independence." She said after sometime. And then she stood up and went away.

After a whole evening of thought I decided to believe her. And anything doesn't change I still love her the same and would always.

The next day I went to the River. And found her there. I had prepared a long speech about how my love would never change for her. But when I saw those eyes which were expecting an answer all the words got wiped away and all I did was sat next to her and squeezed her hand let her know that I believe her.

After that we had that unconditional love between us.

But then one day I don't know how my brother came and he dragged me home. Somehow they were informed about me and Arohi. The next few days there was day and night of brain washing. But it didn't affect me I was very much in love with Arohi still. But somewhere in my heart I had a doubt about her father. It was February and I still did not find a way to go back to Harshil. But my friend Danish helped me. He went to Harshil to deliver my letter. I had explained my situation to Arohi. After someday Danish came back with a small paper in which there was written "I have faith in you, I have faith in our love and I know that we would unite someday".

One more month passed and then I decided to tell my father I didn't cared about the outcomes and just told him my feelings. He said nothing. I went to Harshil thinking everything is fine. After reaching there I found out that Arohi's father died or murdered. I went to her home but was unable to find her. I was much tensed so I went to the river bank and fortunately I found Arohi there her face tormented with pain and anguish. She tried to smile when she saw me. That whole day we sat there we talked very less but I tried to sooth her.

The next two days we spent together. On the third day a letter arrived on my name telling me my father was on the death bed. I had to go. That is when Arohi stopped me and told me that her father was murdered and maybe by my family. I knew my family was ruthless but my ego was hurt and I stomped out of there without a word because hearing accusations on my family was not at all acceptable that too from Arohi.

She did not say anything. When I reached home Arohi turned out to be true my father was fine. I left my home that very moment and went back to Harshil only to find out that she left that place.

Year: 1995

After that day until now I have no idea where she is. The only thing I know is I have been living my life for her. She once told me that she wants to be a teacher. So I became a teacher since she loved the color white I have been wearing that color for the last 38 years. I wanted her to live through me.

I was on my bed about to sleep when I opened my drawer and took out a small piece of paper.

"I have faith in you, I have faith in our love and I know that we would unite someday".

Every night before sleep I read this. As I closed my eyes I felt my body drift into an uneasy yet soothing sensation.

I opened my eyes only to find myself on the banks of Bhagirathi River. I look at my hands and see a wrinkle less strong hand. I see my reflection in the river and find the young 17 year old Arjun.

I look on the other side and find her standing there in all her beauty. Just like the last time. Arohi my Arohi is smiling at me. I move slowly towards her afraid that it's a dream. I look into her eyes and see my whole world.

"I waited for you so long" she said.
"Me too" I said.

With that we made our way to what I would consider heaven. I squeeze her hand and say, "You were right if you have faith in your love. Then you would definitely unite someday"

Tumse karun mai itni mohabbat
Ke jaise lage ibadat
Tum to mere khuda ho
Tum hi meri dua ho
Par ye na jaanu main
Ke hai tumse kitni mohabbat?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So do u all like it????

Critisism allowed. feel free to give ur opinions.

And yeah The last shayari was by me😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.vrshn. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i'm dumb struck yar!!
its awesome!!
whatever i say will not explain how good this was!!
Edited by vrshn - 12 years ago
arjuhi4eva thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awwe...sur...its awesome...loved ur concept...Edited by arjuhi4eva - 12 years ago
Anusha.V thumbnail
awesomeee
beautiful
and the best os
..anshita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
wow sur..its awesome !!!
luvd d concept..
love this line-
"I have faith in you, I have faith in our love and I know that we would unite someday".
n ya shayari ws too gud..:)
aparna4karanika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
omg dey waited tilldeir death??
n arohi died b4 arjun??
omg omg ds s truely great !! salute to deir unlimited n
unconditional love !!
ds s wat we cal KITANI MOHABBATH HAI

cos_luv thumbnail

oh my god it was awsum...👏...

d concept was awsum...⭐️...

m out of words...

cant belive u wrote...

m proud of my sis now...👍🏼...

i wish u ll bcum a gr8 writer...

wish u all d best...❤️.

d best part i liked is wen he left his home finally for arohi but arjuns badluck...😍

but d climax was AWSUM...👍🏼

Luv Ya sur...

Originally posted by: vrshn

i'm dumb struck yar!!
its awesome!!
whatever i say will not explain how good this was!!

seriously it was that good?????

thanx😳

Originally posted by: arjuhi4eva

awwe...sur...its awesome...loved ur concept...

Thanku😆

Originally posted by: vegesnaanu

awesomeee

beautiful
and the best os

Oh how sweet

thanx😳