>CrAzYy FoR BOoKs BoOkS AnD MorE BOoKs<

DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet, How To Kill A Mocking Bird, Old Man And The Sea, Catcher In The Rye, Death Of A Salesman, One Who Flew Over The Coocoo's Nest, The Scarlet Letter, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights, Babysitters Club, Katie Kazoo Switcharoo, Goosebumps, The Series Of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Blue Bloods, My Sisters Keeper, Dear John, The Last Song.

What is this you may ask?
Well, these may be just some of those books that you might have heard of, or even might of read!

But, some of you might think, "WHY is she listing books. Its, like, SUMMER, not the SCHOOL year, ugh."
While others might think "Ah! Yes! That book had some excellent source of symbolism, but lacked theme and motif somewhere along the way."

Well, my dear friends.
Today,
August 9th, 2011,
happens to be
National Book Lovers Day
So now the SECOND thing going inside your mind is either:
"Ugh, book lovers day. ew, who loves book? I only love my daily trips to the spa. MANICURE AND PEDICURE, TEHEHE"
OR
"Ah, yes. Book lovers day is celebrated by those who love books, to share all the books they are fond of. Go on Ms. Sweetu."

But, what is it that I want you to do on this very special day?
Well, of course the obvious.
TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE BOOK!!

But to make it easier to read, I have a little form you must go by:

Title Of Book/Novel:
Author:
Rating(Out Of 10):
Why is it Your Favorite Book:
Favorite Character, and Why:
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...:
Would You Recommend it to a Friend:
Picture Of The Book (Optional):

ENJOY PEEPS 😎

Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wonderful thread now m gnnaa knw few new things ...m an avid reader a and i just read everythngg abt a book
from its soft cartridge papers .. to the ld smell ...to see a pile of books make my day man
huh i read so much tht its hard to choose a favourtie but ofcourse i will go for something which is memorable to me

Title Of Book/Novel:THE NOTEBOOK
Author:NICHOLAS SPARKS
Rating(Out Of 10):9.9
Why is it Your Favorite Book:huh now its hard to tell this, i actually quite liked everything about tht book , from the cover to the thoughts of reading a sweet tender romance...wwow
nicholas sparks was an unknown author for me when i bought 'the notebook' , huh well actually i was adamant not to buy it as thinking about reading another sweet american romance was not my cup of tea really ! but still as m a sucker of romance i brought it and it caught me offguard
i really dontbelieve infairy tales ... and 'the notebook' give us asneakpeakto reallifewhere we face obstaclesin love northere is 100%guarantee thatlifewill giveu a happyending ...but if we search forhappiness weget one
thisthing actually mademe love every read of nicholas sparks

Favorite Character, and Why:noah ... hotness and tenderness a hard match to find
i actually loved everything about him ... from him finding peace in music ... to his fears of war ... to his love and emotional bonding to allie ... to his hunger for her love .. everything about him makes me think of someone who has his own faults but is perfect in a way ... i donno what i mean ot say by this buttt he is awesome

If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be..
actually there was time i wanted to know more about allie and her fiance and about his reactions on knowing about allie .. that part did confuse me at my first read ... other than that i think it was perfect .:

Would You Recommend it to a Friend:yesyesofcourse

LavenderCrystal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanx 4 this awesome thread...i am a avid book reader. My fav books include Harry Potter, Percy Jackson etc...

Title Of Book/Novel:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson series)
Author: Rick Riordan
Rating(Out Of 10): 10/10
Why is it Your Favorite Book: because its really good and the writing style is awesome...
Favorite Character, and Why: Percy...because he is really brave and has a great sense of humor...his character is really fun filled and nice.
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be - No changes required... its a great book.
Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yep, because its a great read😊

Edited by nimi697 - 12 years ago
.ayesha. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
definitely res .. love reading books :)
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Title Of Book/Novel: - If Tomorrow Comes

Author: Sidney Sheldon

Rating(Out Of 10): 8/10

Why is it Your Favorite Book:Its is my favourite book for many reasons, the thrill that is shown is the focal point of the book, it is very beautifully mixed up with love, glamour and fun of the characters. Very nicely shown the misuse of power by powerful people and to what extent innocent people can go for revenge when they become victim of such business.
Than the love story and interactions between the leads is crafted very niely, something different from the usual love story.
And all the events looked so real, something which a person can visualize.

Favorite Character, and Why: Jeff William well he has this aura that can make any girl go gaga over him, he was hard core romantic with a witty nature, intelligent and smart but not so over confident about himself at the same thime.

If I Can Change One Thing In This Book - Well I would certainly want to change the the way author finishes up Tracy's revenge series in few pages, this novel was at first dealing with the revenge of the naive girl who lost everything coz of some people, so Sidney winded up the part very quickly leaving an incomplete feeling. and I Loved both the characters and chemistry so wanted bit of more of their loveπŸ˜†

Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yes, anyday, antime

iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Sure ! I love reading books ! πŸ˜Š

Res.

I will come to share my fav books ! πŸ˜‰

EDITED :

First of all, I don't know which one to select and which not ! And, it might be shocking but my fav book is complete non-fiction ! 

But, before coming to that mysterious book, I would like to name my fav authors and their books ! 

Sophie Kinsella and her Shopaholic series ! I love all the books of her coz I can relate to Becky Bloomwood and her shopping habits ! I love sophie's writing, she makes me laugh like hell ! 

Another, 

Danialle Steel, she is the master of emotions and drama ! I love reading all her books be it Accident, Miracle, Klone and I and many more ! 

Nicholus Sparks, At First Sight, The Notebook, A Walk to Remember and The Last Song ! 

Apart from them, 

Freedom at Midnight by Larry Collins and Dominique Lapierre ! This is an incredible book, as Indian everyone should read this book ! Loved it ! 

But, if you ask me which book last I read which made me hooked and numb ? 

Srimad Bhagwad Geeta by Swami Paramanand

Technically, it is not a fiction or spiritual book, even ! But, I know the only book which had the biggest impact on me ! I can not even say, I love this book coz its beyond everything ! 

I read it once, and I didn't get it ! I read it twice I was still there so eventually I decided that my entire lifetime would not be enough to understand this book ! And, that is why this is my MOST FAVORITE book ! I can read and read and read and still, I would be curious to know more and to understand more about it ! 

I can give my lifetime for this incredible book and honestly I can not even say its a book coz I am nothing and no one to say anything on that book ! 

What I would like to change ? 

Are you kidding me ? I can not even dare, coz I am just a child, I don't know anything !I can only read this book for my entire life time ! 

This book is my GUIDE ! It has got each and everything in it, I follow this book, at least I TRY to follow it ! 

So, for my entire lifetime, Geeta will be my fav book as I can explore it more and more ! πŸ˜³

Edited by maanddy - 12 years ago
-GredForge- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
wow! very nice topic! i love reading books too!
Title Of Book/Novel:harry potter(all parts)
Author:jk rowling
Rating(Out Of 10):10/10
Why is it Your Favorite Book:coz its soo much fun to read and make u fall in love with the character! it has a plot ,story, and friendship!:)
Favorite Character, and Why:hermione granger! i love it how she is sooo intelligent through books but not very good when it comes to practicals !thats soo  human!
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...:well the only thing i would ever want to change is fred dying! 
Would You Recommend it to a Friend:yes of course! hp rocks!!!
Picture Of The Book (Optional):will put it up later!:)
iruaG thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Title Of Book/Novel:Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Author: Douglas Adams
Rating(Out Of 10): 10/10
Why is it Your Favorite Book: It is an extremely funny book, even though it is sci-fi🀣
Favorite Character, and Why:Arthur Dent, because he kinda reminds me of Dr. Watson from the Sherlock Holmes series. He's adorably dumb πŸ˜†
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...:I wouldn't want to change anything in the book, but I didn't like the movie adaptation of it. The movie was not true to the spirit of the book πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ
Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Definitely. If you have a sense of humor, this book is a must read. I don't usually like science fiction, but this is an exception.
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I sure love reading..it gives me alot of pleasure imagning all the Scenarios..there are way too many favourites but If I really have to go for one book then it will be

Title Of Book/Novel: Wuthering heights

Author: Emily Bronte

Rating(Out Of 10): 9 out of 10

Why is it Your Favorite Book: I have way too many reasons for picking this book,the first and for most Heathcliff i am in love with this man and his way of things.Then there is catherine and heathcliff 's complex love story.In the book you actually realized how ego can destroy your life.They both did things on impulse and did end up regretting.The childhood phase is the best about the book and the way they both grew up with all the differences in the society.The book covers all the timeline of heathcliff's life right from childhood to young impulsive man and then the mature heathcliff.By the end the came across the mistakes and did not repeat them again.Beautifully described with all the details,I enjoyed the book to core.

Favorite Character, and Why:Heathcliff for all the reasons the orphan gypsy boy who fall in love and want to give in eveything.The youngman who actually changed his appearance and way of life.Then there is bitter heathcliff he cannot be ignored you hate him but you can not stop yourself from loving him also.

If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be : I personally would not want to change anything in this novel,If any of the details or characterizations got changed then the impact would be lost.For making it perfect i would not want it to lose the impact.

Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yes any day,infact i always praise this book.

Edited by ansah - 12 years ago
raspberrytorte thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Title Of Book/Novel: Twilight
Author: Stephenie Meyer
Rating(Out Of 10): 9
Why is it Your Favorite Book: Vampires and Werewolfs R The Best :D
Favorite Character, and Why: Bella - cos she gets to date a vamp and a werewolf :)
If I Can Change One Thing In This Book It Can Be...Because...: That I was bella lol  i want to date a vamp and a wolf
Would You Recommend it to a Friend: Yeahh!