Posted: 12 years ago
A gift for My buddy Aash on her B'day:๐Ÿ˜ณ

"Bag"

"Check"

"Purse"

"Check"

"Mobile"

"Check"

"Think Geet think, am I forgetting anything? Are you sure Babaji?" she said looking at the ceiling.

She then peeked from her window.  There were no one around. As it is a shaadi ka ghar, marriage celebrations are going on and most are awake but as her room's window is facing towards the backyard, and as the street light on the road, which is facing this direction was not working since yesterday,(Thanks to electricity department!) there was no chance anyone could find her! She checked twice if there are anyone, and if she couldn't see them due to the darkness?

"Oye teri! Agar darkness ke wajah se mein unhe nahi dekh sakthi, toh who mujhe bhi nahi dekh sakthey. Haina?" she thought as she slapped her forehead.

"Bacha lena Babaji" she said one last time and had put the note on her dressing table.

She knew the contents of the letter by heart. But she checked once more to be sure.

" Aash,

I know you'll be the first one to discover this. I am going away. I don't want to marry. Don't search for me. Once things will be alright, I'll call you up. You know why I am running away. I am really sorry.

Love

Geet."

Aash is her cousin. They are like best friends since childhood. She knew Aash will be the first one to find out. The next morning is her marriage and she is going to run away! Yes, she have to! She knew everyone will be upset. Above all, Aash will panic. But she have to do this. She can't have a marriage without love. She exhaled sharply and with a quick prayer to babaji, she slowly took her bag and dropped it through the window. It dropped with a low "thud".

She then placed her one leg out, and catching the pipe, she slowly climbed down.

Once she was on her feet again, she checked and rechecked if anyone was watching her. After making sure no one did, she slowly went towards the wall, and climbed on it, and jumped on the other side.

Once she was sure, no one saw her, she took her skate board from her bag and placed it down, got on it and slung her bag over her shoulder and had set off.

He sat in the auto restlessly. He was darn tired after his long, tiring journey back to India. But now, he has to go! He has to take the next flight as soon as possible. There were so many possibilities of getting caught by his friends or relatives. He was thankful as this is not his native place. Or else, it would have been much difficult.

"Can you please move a bit fast?" he asked the auto driver for the umpteenth time.

" Saab ji aap kya bol rahe ho?"

" Aap zara jaldi challenge?" he asked trying to avoid the British accent.

He was living in London for the past few years and his Hindi is so poor. He was sent to London to complete his higher education. However, after completing his education, he preferred working in his company branch, in London, as he was very much used to the country.

" Bhai saab aaj tak meine bahut pregnant ladies ko delivery ke waqt hospital le gaya tha. Par kisine bhi aap ki tarah itni jaldi mein nahi the. Aap toh aise keh rahe hain jaiseki aaphi ki delivery ho raha ho"

"Kuch kuch aisa hi" he said in a haste without completely processing what the driver said.

The driver had burst into laughter and had turned to look at him.

"Kya ye sach hain? Kaise din aa gaye hain waheguru" he said looking up.

"Can you please put your attention on the road?" he said with impatience etched in his tone.

The driver turned and resumed the journey.

"Par ek baat toh hain " he said starting a conversation " ye sab pardes mein hi ho sakta hain. Haina jee?" he said controlling a chuckle.

He looked out of the auto, trying desperately to calm down. He tried to divert his attention to calm down. "There's no need to worry. Of course he's driving .." he looked at the pace and completed with difficulty "..fast. I'll reach there in time." He thought as he looked away once again. And that is when something zoomed past him.

He closed his eyes for a moment and felt a fabric on his face. By the time, he opened his eyes, the auto stopped and the driver was shivering.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Why did you stop?"

"bb..bb..bhoot!" said the driver still shivering.

"What?"

"Who angrezi mein kya kehtey hain? Haan DEVIL" he said his eyes widening.

He looked at the driver for a short moment. No matter how idiot he was, he was not the one to play a prank. He was genuinely frightened.

After observing the driver for a moment, he had put his head out to get a glimpse of what was happening and that's when he saw a white cloth fluttering at a distant.

He remembered the feel of a white fabric on his face moments ago. It means someone passed them with a very high velocity. But how? How can they overtake a moving auto? He had enough brains to recognize that it's a dupatta of a girl. But he could not get a grip of how she was moving. He could not see any scooty. She was at a very long distance but he could still make out her entire figure, which seems standing.

"Is she running?"

"No! that's obviously not possible!"

"What if.. is she.. really a ..ghost?"

"Maan! Now you are behaving like an idiot! How can you believe in all such superstitions?"

He thought and gave himself a mental shake.

"May be she was running. Any sane person can overtake this god damn pace of the auto" he thought and smirked at the face of the auto driver.

"Listen! You are unnecessarily worrying. There aren't any ghosts existing alright? Now please move. I need to go."

Even the driver couldn't make any head or tail of what Maan said (thanks to his accent) he got the gist of it.

"Saab ji. Ye hoshiyarpur hain. Yaha pe bhut hote hain. Aur mujhe darr lag raha hain."

"Alright give me the god darn driver seat. I'll drive and you sit back, shivering" he yelled.

"Ji?" he asked wondering what was he yelling about.

"Mein auto chalaunga. Tum peechey baito" he gestured as he got down and waited for him to get down.

"Saab ji ye aap'"

" Listen! This is really important for me. Please " he said with desperation.

"Theek hain jee. Hey waheguru!" he said folding his hands and sending a quick prayer to heavens before getting down and getting into passenger seat.

She mentally thanked her dad for million times for getting her this skateboard. Her dad wouldn't have expected her to use this, this way but this was truly a lifesaver for her. She would remember this night forever and she would show this life saving skateboard to her to-be-grandchildren. The hopeless romantic she was, she always thought of telling her to-be-grand children, her adventures.

As soon as she reached the outskirts of the city, she felt lights behind her. She got down from her skateboard and turned back only to find a lorry, approaching her. She went towards it and waved frantically.

The lorry stopped and she went towards the window to talk to the driver.

"Oye kuriye. Itne raat gaye tu kya kar rahi hain yaha?"

"Bhaisaab mujhe jaldi Amristsar jana hain. Kya aap mujhe drop kar denge"

"Oye Happy singh ka yehi funda hain ki sab humesha happy rahe. Aa jao kuriye"

"Mein kaha bhaitu bhai saab?"

"Peeche bhait jaa oye. Waise tu akele jaa kaha rahi hain?"

"Who mere mama ji ka accident ho gaya tha. Aur mujhe jaana hain"

"Koi baat nahi kuriye. Hum pahuncha denge tumhe" he said as he asked her to get in.

She thanked babaji and she went around to get in and her jaw dropped as she saw what the lorry was carrying!

"Saab ji. Zara dheere chalayiye" he whispered panicking.

Maan was driving like a maniac and the driver was shivering. He was listening none of it. He was driving as if it was his a matter of his life. Well, it is in reality!

After driving for some time, he  looked at a lorry stopped at a side and he increased the speed and overtaken it and stopped the auto in front of the lorry, to get noticed by the driver.

"Oye paaji? Kya baat hain?" the lorry driver yelled.

Maan quickly got out from the driver seat, took his bag from passenger seat and stuffed few notes in the auto driver's hand and ran towards the lorry.

"Kamaal hain. Aaj kal log auto chalake paise dete hain?" wondered Happy singh.

Maan ran towards the window, beside the driver seat and started talking, still panting.

"Can you drop me to Amritsar please?"

"Amritsar jana hain aapko? Theek hain bhait jayiye"

"Where?" he asked.

"Peechey" he replied and Maan dashed back.

She got on the top of the lorry, dumping her bag beside her. She was thankful to babaji that she could take a seat on the head of the lorry, as she can surely not sit down. She looked once again what the lorry is carrying and she sighed!

Buffaloes! Wow! She have mentally decided to include this too in her adventurous story to be told to her to-be-grandchildren.

"Kahi ye adventure kam aur comedy zyada nahi ban jaye!" she thought and the next minute, she was surrounded by a pungent smell. She pressed her palms tight across her mouth and she saw one of the buffaloes excrete.

"eww" she said and she thought a bit and suddenly removed her dupatta and covered herself so that only her eyes are visible.

She specially covered her nose, by adding two more layers of the dupatta to make sure, she can't smell it anymore.

When she's done, she breathed a sigh of relief as she thought slowly "No more mistakes this night"

She didn't know at that moment that it was just the beginning of the night.. Just the beginning.

As soon as he had a look of what the lorry was carrying, his jaw dropped. There is no way in hell he's going to travel with two buffaloes. He saw two buffaloes, lying on their stomach, at one corner and as he approached them, he could feel his nose was burning with bad smell. He soon took out his scarf and tied it around his nose and climbed on it as he didn't want to delay his journey. The lorry started moving and he looked closely to avoid sitting here. He raised his head and saw that the top of the lorry had carried grass and he slowly climbed up by putting his foot on the railing and climbed on it safely, and settled his bag to his side. As soon as he settled himself, he looked casually to his side and his heart stopped for a moment at what he saw. There laid a girl in white and white and due to the darkness, he couldn't see much but he could see that it was odd. He took a closer look and found that a cloth was wrapped up around her face. He could see only her eyes, which are closed and he recalled what the auto driver told him.

"Saab ji. Ye hoshiyarpur hain. Yaha pe bhut hote hain."

He mentally chided himself for considering that at first place.

"You are behaving like a stupid Maan" he thought as he shook his head.

But it was odd. Which girl sleeps on a lorry top late at midnight?

He slowly extend a hand to touch her, just to see if she was real. She slowly touched her and took his hand back but nothing happened. He touched her once again and that's when she got up and screamed.

She fell on her back as she was exhausted. Sleep overcome her as soon as her back had hit the grass. She was in semi-sleep and she felt some disturbance around her, as if some presence. She was too sleepy to open her eyes. So she ignored and continued sleeping. She then felt someone touch her. She didn't react, even a voice inside her was yelling at her. " What if she got caught?"

"What if her relatives found her?"

She was trying hard to come out of sleep and when she felt some one touch her once again, she got up instantly and as soon as she saw the sight before her, she screamed.

He closed his ears with his palms and as he was no longer ready to take it, he yelled "Stop it! Don't you think it should be the other way around? I should scream, not you MUMMY!"

She stopped screaming as soon as she heard the last word.

MUMMY! He called her MUMMY!

"Oye Mummy hogi teri maa!" she yelled and the next minute, she chided herself.

"Wow kya bola hain Geet! Mummy hogi teri maa? Obviously uski maa uski mummy hi hoti haina. Aargh! Tujhe gaaliya dena bhi nahi aata kya? Agar brij bhaiya ko pata chala toh kya sochenge? Humara izzat ka kya hoga?! Punjaban ho kar tumhe gaaliya dena nahi aata? Chi!"

He looked at the girl before him, muttering to herself. He was frustrated by her screaming that he actually called her what he was thinking about her all the while. Of course she's not a MUMMY. She's alive and that he knew now. He tried to get her attention so he gently patted on her shoulder.

She turned with a jerk ad yelled "Kya hain?"

"Look I am sorr'

"What? What are you going to call me now? Dadi? Or pardadi? How am I looking to you? You called me MUMMY! I mean am I looking that aged? You know what, for the fact I am not married' Not even once! How can I be your MUMMY?" she said in one breathe.

He looked at her amused. He was going to apologize to her but this lady was blabbering. She thought he called her Mum. He smiled inwardly. "C'mon Maan, you were wondering that you'll feel bored in the entire journey. Aren't you? Now, you won't. Good entertainment!" he thought and played along.

"But'

He said pausing for a while to make her look at him. Once she turned towards him, he said

"But, you need not get married to become a MUMMY"

"WHAT!!" she snapped.

"How dare you!" she said her eyes widening like saucers.

He looked amazed at her doe like eyes.

"What's wrong in that, you would have died before marrying, in an early age. Aren't you?" He said suppressing a chuckle.

She was about to yell again, but as he processed his words, she stopped and as realization dawned on her, her expressions changed (though Maan couldn't see, he knew as her eyes which were widened previously are now narrowed to slits.)

"I am very much alive and I am not any EGYPTIAN MUMMY!" she yelled.

"Really? I can see that!" he said looking at her head to toe.

She followed his gaze and she understood. She quickly removed her dupatta around her and the next minute, Maan's breath got caught in his throat as he saw an angel in front of him.

She removed the dupatta in a haste, causing her silky hair to fall on her face and the hair was messed up. She was busy fixing her hair, while Maan was lost in her. Her eyebrows were furrowed in a frown, her nose scrunched up ad her rosy lips are pouting. She looked angelic! A small smile formed on his lips as he saw her frowning at her state and fixing her hair. He looked at the other side and controlled his smile.

"What are you doing Maan? You are ogling at her! Control yourself before she notices you!" he mentally chided himself and slowly turned towards her side.

He slowly turned towards her, only to find her looking at him, frowning.

He controlled his chuckle and managed to maintain a straight face.

"Now do you believe I am very much alive Mr. DAAKU?"

He nodded and he stopped once he registered her last word. He racked his brains to remember the meaning of the word ad as soon as he remembered, now it was his turn to frown.

"I am not a bandit"

"So you are a robber?"

"I am NOT"

"Ha I can see that!" she said eyeing his scarf, which was tried around his face revealing his eyes and forehead.

He pulled the scarf in a jerk and Geet looked at the handsome robber in front of her.

"Now do you believe me?"

"How come taking off your scarf prove that you aren't a Daaku?"

He grinded his teeth. "What's your problem?"

"YOU" she bit out.

"Listen I am not a daaku!"

"Then why were you wearing your scarf?"

"I can ask you the same thing"

"It's smelly here"

"Same reason"

"Oh please! Don't try to copy me! You copy cat! Try to find your own reason"

"Copy cat?"

"Haan. Copy cat aur Cheater cock!"

"CHEATER COCK?"

"Haan Haan Haan!"

Both eyed each other with utmost disgust and snapped their heads to the other side saying "hun".

Aash paced her room. She was debating from the past half-n-hour with herself. She remembered, what shreya said.

12 hours ago'

"What?" aash choked the juice she was sipping.

"How's my idea?" asked shreya.

"This is not happening shreya. Geet will kill me if she finds out."

"C'mon Aash. What's a marriage without teasing? And by the way, you are not the only one taking the risk. Bro will kill me when he finds out too" She said coolly.

Shreya and Aash are friends and, by the twist of fate, Shreya turned out to be the Groom's cousin.

Aash was very happy in the beginning as they were going to be relatives now, but her happiness didn't last long as Shreya came up with a master plan to tease the bride and the groom.

"This is not a lite teasing Shreya. We are going to play a practical joke on them"

"Looks who says" Shreya chirped "The EVIL aash"

"uggh!"

"Aash we both love our cousins and we are don't want them to get hurt. Do we? I am just trying to make the marriage all the more enjoyable by adding a little bit of fun" she said placing her hands on Aash's shoulders.

Aash sighed and said "Okay. Par ek sharat. I am going to tell Geet the very next morning."

"Sure" said shreya grinning.

Present..

And so, she was here now, in her room, waiting for the clock to tick 12:00 so that it'll be the next day and she would run to Geet's room and tell her all that was a lie.

"5 minutes more. Raksha kara babaji" said aash joining her hands.

The smell was unbearable and Maan could not take it anymore so he took out his spray and sprayed it on his scarf and covered his nose.

Geet, who was facing the other side all the while, inhaled deeply and tuned to his side.

He casually looked at her and he found her looking at him dreamily.

"What was that?" she asked softly.

"What was what?" he asked suspiciously.

She inhaled deeply again and said "Perfume"

Maan looked at her and the spray in his hand and the advertisement of the spray flashed in front of his eyes.

In that ad, a guy will be using the spray and all girls will be pouncing on him.

Maan knew it was utter crap but now he wondered "Was that really true?"

He looked at her and she was still looking dreamily, and he thought " Now this is called THE AXE EFFECT"

"It's AXE" he said, trying to show as unaffected as possible.

She leaned in closer and purred "Can I have it once?"

His insides were jumping and his heart started racing. "Sure" he said, maintaining composure.

He handed it to her and she took it, and then she extended her hand and said "Can I have your scarf please?" all the while batting her eye lashes.

Maan swallowed hard and gave the scarf.

The next move she did was unexpected for Maan. She jumped down and walked towards the buffaloes and opening his scarf, she caught the buffaloes' tail, lifted it and sprayed HIS PERFUME on its' ass!!

His  eyes popped out as he saw her doing the same with the other buffalo and when she's finally done, she came back and climbed again, to get on her seat and sat beside him, throwing the scarf and the now empty tin towards him.

He caught the tin and checked it only to find it empty. He eyed his scarf, not even daring to touch it.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" he yelled.

She snatched the empty tin from his hands, and threw it from the moving truck, and said "NOW THAT'S THE AXE EFFECT" and chuckled at his flustered face.

"5 minutes up! Babaji madat karna!" prayed Aash and dashed towards Geet room.

She knocked on the door slowly but upon finding no response, she slowly pushed it only to find it dark!

"Geet! Geet!" she slowly called but there was no response. She switched on the lights and went towards the bed, and spoke slowly "Geet, I lied to you. It was a part of our plan. Shreya told me to do that actually. I know you are sensitive in this matter. But' I am really sorry Geet. It was really not meant to hurt you. It was just for fun. Geet tum sun rahi ho ha? Geet'"

She said lifting the quilt and she stopped breathing as she saw the sight in front of her.

Geet wasn't there! Instead there were two pillows arranged under the quilt, which she mistook to be the sleeping form of Geet all the while.

She closed the door and switched on the lights the very next minute. She checked I the wash room and in the balcony. Her worst night mare is turning into reality in front of her eyes. She called up Geet's mobile but she wasn't picking the call. Sweat beads formed on her forehead and rolled down from her cheeks as she thought of the consequences. "Please Geet! Don't do this! Pick up the call once!" she thought desperately.

She sat there, with her knees folded, and she was hugging her knees.

"So, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Looking at random directions" she answered.

"I mean what are you doing at this time, that too alone?" He asked her.

"None of your business"

"I know, just being curious"

"You need not, because, I can ask you the same question"

"There's no secret in that. I ran off from my marriage"

She was so surprised that she blurted out the next words, without noticing "You too?" she asked.

"Yep. Wait a minute. You said you too? That means.." he grinned "you too?"

She gulped as she said "That's none of your business"

He chuckled as he said "What's the reason anyway?"

"What was your reason?"

His smile faded and the very next minute, he recovered as he said "The bride is not my type"

"Matlab?"

"Matlab.. who bahut moti hain" he struggled to speak those hindi words.

She looked and gave a wry smile and he asked her instantly "What happened?"

"Nothing" she said.

"So what's your reason? Your groom too was ugly?"

"I am not that shallow" she snapped.

"Then?" he pressed.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and said "I've a boy friend"        

His smile vanished instantly.

"What's his name?" he asked. He didn't know why he asked, he didn't know what he would do with that name, but he simply asked. Part of him was telling that she was lying. She was cooking up some story.

She looked at him and answered "Dev".

CONTINUED IN THE POST BELOW!!
Edited by Cloud9. - 11 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

(CONTINUED FROM THE POST ABOVE)

Aash tried for so long but Geet wasn't lifting the phone. One part of her knows the reason, but the other part of her wasn't yet ready to believe it.

"She can't do that. She won't do that" she told herself many times.

"Babaji, ye mein kaha phas gayi?" muttered Aash and her eyes fell on the letter on the dressing table. With a batted breath, she approached the dressing table and picked up the letter with shivering hands and went through it. She read it like 3 times until the reality came crashing down.

"NO!" she shrieked. "This can't be happening"

Her heart raced and she closed her eyes, thinking to get out of this situation. Something stuck her and she opened her eyes as she realized, she's trying the number of the wrong person all the while. She now knew whom she should call. With a determination, she took her mobile and punched Dev's number.

She looked at him from the corner of her eyes. They haven't talked a word, after she told him that Dev was her boy friend. He moved away and was avoiding looking at her, from that moment. She observed him frown and the next minute, he opened his bag and searched for something and finally found what he wanted as he smiled satisfied. He opened a small container and took out an apple. He was about to take a bite when the devil inside Geet woke up. She imagined two horns growing on the either side of her head as he smirked evilly. Just when he was about to take a bite, the truck took a turn, and Geet took advantage and fell on him, hitting his shoulders with hers, and the apple slipped from his hand and rolled down and ended up in the buffalo's DUNG!

"Oops I am sorry!" she said straightening herself.

He looked at her and she knew by the look on his face that he knew what she was up to.

She waited for him to yell but he didn't. He instead glared at her and finally laid on the grass bed, turning to the other side, showing his back to him.

The smirk on her face washed off as she realized what she was doing!

She saw two tiny miniscule Geets to either of her side; one wearing a white frock, with a wand in her had, a ring on her head and two white feathers o her shoulders, the other one with red tight pants and a sparkle red top, with horns on her head.

" You shouldn't have done that" said the angel.

"He called for it. He called you MUMMY"

"You called him Daaku"

"But he called for it"

"You didn't sit quiet. In fact, you emptied his perfume, spoiled his scarf and now didn't even let him to have his apple. Don't know how hungry he is!"

"Who cares?"

"You should. You are the one to spoil his apple. He didn't even said a word"

Finally the angel won the battle and both of them vanished as Geet took her decision.

She opened her bag and took out the chocolate chip cookies and went towards him and patted him on his shoulder.

He woke up and looked at her with sleepy eyes, and for the first time Geet realized that he'd the most beautiful eyes! Those long lashes were almost touching his cheeks every time he blinks and she was lost in those eyes.

"What do you want now?" he asked slightly annoyed.

She looked down, unable to get the words out of her mouth. He thought she was here to disturb his sleep and was about to lay down again but stopped as he heard her say "Sorry". She turned around and saw her, who was closing her eyes tight.

"What did you say?" he asked.

She fluttered her eyes open and looked at him and said slowly "I'm sorry"

Guilt was written all over her face ad he could see that. But he was not ready to let go of this opportunity.

"It's alright" he said taking a deep breath, "I was not destined to have the apple", he said shrugging ad her insides melted instantly.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. Promise." She said holding her skin at her neck, and he looked at her amused.

"I even got this for you" she said extending the chocolate chip cookies.

He was touched by her gesture, but composed himself as he said "Sorry I can't take them"

"Please. For my sake" she said making a cute face.

There was nothing in him to reject that but he couldn't accept as well. So, he thought to tell her the reason. "I appreciate it but I don't eat that"

She frowned as she said "These are my favorite cookies and the delicious ones I've ever had"

He chuckled as he said "But I don't eat cookies. I am a bit health conscious"

She opened her mouth in a wide "O" and she got into her original self.

"You don't eat cookies? OMG how are you surviving?" she said.

He controlled his smile and said " On fruits"

"Alright, this is not manners to say but eww only fruits? You might not have tasted these before. If you do, you'll never leave them, trust me!" she said as she shoved the packet in his hand.

"This is not necessary. Seriously. I trust you. These are the bestest cookies ever. Okay?"

She pouted and said "You've to eat it. That's it"

"Tell me one reason"

"Humare friendship ke kaathir"

"Friendship? Are we friends?"

"Nahi hai, toh who bhi ho ayega. Friends?" she said extending her hand.

He smiled and took her hand in his. "I accept your friendship"

"Ah! I am honored" she said placing a hand on her chest.

Both of them chuckled and she said "Have one, on this occasion"

He took one reluctantly and asked her to have it too.

She took one and started having it.

"Wow! This is so tasty!" She said.

"Khao na" she insisted.

He smiled and took a bite. It was indeed true. These were too delicious.

"Acha hai na?"

"Yep"

"Kaha than na. Acha hoga" she said smiling victoriously.

"Are these by any chance, your hand made?"

"No. Why?"

"Then why are you happy?" he asked.

She pouted. "Back to our original self. Are we?" she said sarcastically.

"I was just kidding" he said.

She looked at the other side.

"Alright. I am sorry" he said holding his ears.

She grinned ear to ear.

"Maaf kar diya" she said.

Both of them shared a heartfelt laugh but the moment was short lived as the truck came to a halt the next minute Happy singh called them.

"Kuriye, Bhai saab, Amritsar aa gaya"

Both looked at each other and grabbed their bags and got down and thanked the driver and waved to him.

Once the truck was out of sight, he turned to her.

"So?" he asked.

"So?"

"What now?"

"I've to catch the next bus to Delhi. And you?"

"Next flight to London" he said.

"Nice meeting you"

"Same here" she said as she smiled warmly.

She thought to give him those cookies. So she asked him to catch his purse for a while, while she was hunting for the cookies in her bag.

He caught her purse and felt her phone vibrating.

"I think you are getting a call" he said.

"Oops! I forgot to switch it off" she said as she took her purse and grabbed the mobile. She was about to abort the call but stopped as she watched the caller ID. It wasn't from her home. It was from DEV.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she attended the call.

"Hello Dev?"

Maan snapped his head back to look at her.

It meant all she said was real. She indeed have a boy friend. He had no idea, why was it bothering him so much, but strangely, it did!

He looked at her, she wasn't responding to the call. She stood there frozen.

After what seemed like eternity, she said "WHAT? THAT WAS A JOKE?"

She paused for a while.

"DON'T YOU DARE TO TAKE HER SIDE DEV. YOU KNOW I'VE LEFT MY FAMILY BEHIND AND TOOK A BIG STEP IN MY LIFE. AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE A JOKE"

(pauses)

"ALRIGHT! NOW I AM OVER REACTING. AIN'T I? DEV, YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND"

(pauses)

"DO I HAVE AN OPTION? HELL YES! I AM GOING BACK. I HOPE NO ONE FINDS OUT TILL I REACH THERE"

(pauses)

"ALRIGHT! ASK HER TO MANAGE SOMEHOW. IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM. NO ONE SHOULD FIND OUT THAT I AM MISSING. IF THEY DO, I AM SURE, I WILL BREAK YOUR NECKS."

(pauses)

"YUP. YOURS INCLUDED" she bit out and had cut the call, not letting him to speak.

She was so exhausted that she had thrown her bag and sat down on the empty road, hugging her knees and her face buried.

Maan, who was witnessing the entire conversation, sat beside her on the empty road and patted her gently.

She looked at him and noticed that she was crying.

"I don't want to interfere in your personal issue. But as you accepted me as your friend, you can tell me if you want to share something" he said wiping her tears.

She flung her arms around him and sobbed. He was taken aback by the sudden response and he quickly wrapped his arms around her and cradled her head.

"Shh! It's okay" he said.

She broke out of the hug and said "It's not okay! I ran out of my own marriage, leaving everyone behind and damn I've to go back again."

"What?" he asked.

"Yup. And the worst part is that no one should find out that I am missing"

He wanted to ask so many questions now. He wanted to ask if Dev ditched her. If yes, why is she going back and for God's sake, why was she talking to him on phone. He let out a deep sigh as he realized this is not the right time to ask questions.

"Alright. Let's go" he said getting up.

"Where?" she asked, looking at him.

"Hoshiyarpur"

"Par tum toh London'

"My journey is not important than your safety" he said and extended his hand.

She looked at him amazed and took his hand and got up. They then collected their bags, which were on the road and had set off.

"Shreya!!"

"Why are you calling at this time (yawns) and why are you yelling Aash (yawns)?"

"GEET IS MISSING!"

"WHAT?" said shreya as she snapped her eyes open.

"TUMHARI IDEA KA KAMAAL HAIN"

"OH.MY.GOD. Ab kya karein?"

"I've called up Dev, and uski Geet se baath ho gayi and she's coming back"

"Thank god"

"I'm not yet done Shreya! We've to manage till she's back. No one should know she's gone missing. Get that?"

"Yup"

"Alright. Be in touch. Okay?"

"Yup sure"

Once the call ended, both Aash and shreya sat panicking. Sleep is the last thing on their mind. They prayed to god for Geet to return safe.

They took a cab and sat silently.

For some weird reason, Maan couldn't bear her silence. He knew that they met just a few hours ago, but he can't deny that he cared about her and looking at her in this state was killing him. He kept looking at her and found a small smile playing on her lips. He followed her gaze ad found a couple in their middle age, were going on a bike. He thought to cheer her up so he said "Uncle ko line maar rahi ho?"

She snapped her eyes at him and said "Nahi"

"What are you thinking then?"

"Was just wondering, how blessed people are to been loved"

"You are loved too. And that's why you came here. Aren't you? Dev loves you. Doesn't he?"

"No"

He looked at her wide eyed. "What?"

Then realization dawned on him and he clenched his fists. "That bas***d ditched you? How dare he!" he said shaking with anger.

She looked at him and said "No. you are getting it all wrong"

"Don't you dare support that bas***d. You left everything for him and he left you?" he said seething.

She placed a hand on his arms and said "I.. I lied to you. Dev isn't my boy friend."

"What?" he asked.

She bit her lips as she said " Dev is my best friend."

"Then why do you run away from your marriage?"

She bit her lips as she said "My groom had a girl friend"

"WHAT?" he asked again.

"Alright . This sounds stupid. But here it is, I am hopelessly romantic since childhood and believed in love stories. But as I grew up, I got to know the harsh reality. Two of my cousins were married. One, had a love marriage and the other had an arranged marriage. Both are sisters and, sadly both had obesity. Now it wasn't their fault. Is it? But they are punished for no mistake of theirs. Both of them got divorced. I saw a love marriage and an arranged marriage to break in front of me due to a silly reason and I swore that day that I would ever come between a couple as true love is so rare these days and I don't want to come in between a couple and when I found out that my groom loved someone, I didn't know what to do! I can't marry him. I can't destroy his and his girl's happiness. So I thought this way. People would blame me. I know. They will think I've eloped with someone but I don't care. Once things settle down, I can explain things to my family and they'll understand me and I'll give a damn about others opinion." She said and took a deep breath. "But.. I found out all of it was a joke, a practical joke, a prank played by my cousin and his cousin. And now, this Dev ka bacha calls me up and says I over reacted. Of course no one can understand, but I hold my sentiment above all so I came off." She said.

He was speechless. He looked at her in awe.

She looked at him and said "You might be thinking I am crazy. Aren't you? Of course how will you understand when my own cousins and best friends don't understand? Above all, you left a marriage yourself just because the girl was fat."

"I lied" he said slowly.

"WHAT?" she asked.

"Yes, I lied. And this is darn weird because this is gonna sound so similar. But, I left the marriage because of a similar reason. Well, in fact same reason. I got to know my bride loved someone else."

Now it was Geet's turn to get shocked.

"WHAT?" she asked.

"Yes. I didn't leave the marriage because of my bride's physical appearance. In fact, I never saw her. This was an alliance fixed by our parents, who are family friends. As my education was in London, I never got to see this girl. I not even saw her picture. I was given one, but I thought to meet her directly but in between.. I got to know she loved someone else and I came off"

"But why?" she asked.

"Meera and Yash were my university buddies. Both loved each other madly.  Three of us were best friends. They used to bicker every time and were called as Tom and Jerry by everyone. No one ever thought they would end up being a couple. I was really happy for them. They went to India to inform their parents and to get married. I was so happy for them and I got a call from Meera's sister one day and I thought it was a wedding invitation but.. I got to know I've lost my two best buddies."

"Meera's parents didn't agree to the marriage. Yash and Meera are financially almost equal. They are perfect for each other yet, Meera's parents didn't agree of a simple reason. It was a love marriage. They couldn't tolerate that their daughter went to abroad to study but ended up in a relation. She was forced into a marriage. She couldn't take it. So she'd committed suicide."

Geet gasped.

"And Yash, followed her. He couldn't bear her loss and he too committed suicide. When my best friends lost their life, I wasn't there. But I know the pain of losing them. How can I let the history repeat? How can I let my bride to be another Meera? So I came off from this marriage. I would have simply told my parents and their parents, but I don't think they would've agreed. Instead they'll break up our alliance and will fix another. But I didn't want it to happen. If this marriage breaks, the bride can't get married again. Thanks to our society, even if the groom elopes, the bride gets the punishment. And her parents will also understand that their choice had gone wrong. So there's a chance of them to consider her love. That's the reason." He said looking at her.

"This is so co-incidental!" Said Geet.

He smiled in reply.

"I am sorry. I thought you were shallow"

"It's alright. Even I thought you'd a boy friend"

"There is no need to feel sorry for it"

"What if I say there is?"

She looked into his eyes, and saw something there. Before she could try to respond, he said "Have some sleep. Your groom won't want you with bags under your eyes."

She smiled and closed her eyes and relaxed and in no time, dozed off.

Aash was relieved a bit after Dev's call. But still her racing heart can't slow down. She knew Shreya can't be blamed. She's happy-go-lucky natured and above all loves Geet like anything. She just wanted to have some fun. She can't be blamed. But what about her? She knew about Geet. Didn't she? She wouldn't have lied to her at the first place. She sighed as she recalled what happened earlier. She told Geet that her fianc was in love with another girl. When Geet asked her, how she knew, she told her that, Shreya, her friend, and groom's cousin told her. She observed the change in Geet's behavior after that. She had no option. She couldn't have confirmed it with the groom as she haven't met him at the first place. Geet haven't even looked at his picture.  She told her parents that she trusted them and she need not look at the picture. When they insisted, she said she would meet him, once he's here. So she could not obviously go searching for him and ask him if he'd a girl friend. So, Geet's action was justified. No one can be blamed. Yet, she is blaming herself. She closed her eyes praying for babaji yet again.

He looked out from the window of the car. He could see the fields passing them and he knew they reached Hoshiyarpur. He looked at Geet, who was sleeping with her head rested on his shoulder. He slowly removed a hair lock and tucked it behind her ear. She stirred in her sleep and snuggled closer. His heart was bleeding as they are approaching their destination. He knew this might be the last time, he would see her. It's strange how in such a short period of time, he got so attached to her. It's strange how he, who was worried if he could get caught in Hoshiyarpur just a few hours ago was now accompanying her to leave her safely here. He knew this was too early to fall in love, but he did.. he did fall in love with her. Call it weird, call it anything, but he knew this wasn't just an attraction. It was not only her features that attracted him. Of course she is beautiful. He can't deny the fact. But it is not the entire reason. She was the first one to play pranks with him, she was the one who can irritate him and she would make a cute face at the end that he would forget everything. She may not be the prettiest girl he'd ever met. He met many pretty girls before. But this girl is definitely different from all those. She's child like, and lovable. But at the same time, she'd not immature. She was risking herself, in order to make her groom get his girl. Her heart was made of gold. Above all that, she held exact sentiments as he did and he told her, his inner most secrets, he never told anyone, yet he didn't regret that a bit. His heart did a somersault when he got to know she doesn't have a boy friend and again when he got to know the reason. She was just perfect for him! But.. he sighed. It's ironic how he's taking her to her place and thus taking her away from him. The driver horned as a dog crossed the car and Geet opened her eyes and pressed her palms on her eyes. Once she opened her eyes, she looked around only to find herself leaning on him. She got up with a jerk and said "I am sorry".

"It's alright" he said.

"You would have woken me up".

"I couldn't disturb your sleep".

She smiled looking down, still feeling embarrassed.

She looked out from the window and said "Stop here!"

Maan's heart was beating hard against his ribs. "That's it! She's leaving" was the only voice pounding in his ears.

"What happened?" he managed to ask.

"My home is just 5minutes walk from here. I don't want anyone to notice me. I'll walk from here."

"Okay" he said slowly and got out of the car.

"Can you wait here for 5 minutes please?" he requested the cab driver and grabbed her bags ad held her car door for her to get out.

Before she could protest, he said "I just want to be sure that you reached safely. I don't want to worry about your safety all the while"

She smiled at his concern and got down and both of them started walking.

"I'll never forget this night" she said.

"Same here." he said.

"And don't call me copy cat for that" he added.

She smiled and said "I behave odd at times. Sorry for all that in the truck"

"No. don't say that. All those moments made our journey memorable and coming to you, I LOVE the way you are" he said.

She stopped and turned to look at him.

He realized what he said and after debating with self for a moment he said, "I always believed in Love stories but never had one. After Yash-Meera, I even doubted if I can ever love someone, because if I did, I can't bear to lose them. Ad hence, I stayed out of everything, immersed myself in work, work and work. My Dadi fixed this alliance and I couldn't say no. After coming here and after learning about my bride, I regretted coming here. But now, I don't." he smiled looking at her.

"Because I got my love story here. It sounds weird but I am in Love with you. I know it's too early to confess but if I won't do it now, I'll be left with a feeling that I did not tell you how I felt for you. I don't want to die with a regret that I haven't confessed to the girl I love. I know we met a few hours back, but I got all the happiness enough to be cherished for a life time in this short period. I am greedy to have this happiness with me forever. But I know it's not possible. With half of my heart, as a friend, I wish you reach safely and this marriage takes place. But with the other half of my heart, as the guy who loves you, I wish you don't marry any other idiot" he said with a smile.

She was too shocked ad stood rooted to her spot.

"I love you MUMMY. I want to share these cookies with you, want to fight with you, want you to empty my AXE bottles, forever" he said cupping her cheek ad leaning in closer, kissed her forehead.

She didn't protest. She closed her eyes as his cold lips met her skin.

The next thing she remembered was him, moving away from her, into the darkness. She stood there for a long time, until Aash came there and hugged her, talked a lot, but nothing went into her mind and finally aash dragged her inside.

Few hours later'

Geet sat there, in her room, dressed up in one of her salwars. She was done with her Haldi ceremony and was now sitting in her room. the very night is her shaadi. She escaped the trouble successfully. No one will ever know that she sneaked up before her wedding. No one will ever know! It would be as if that night had never happened! But in reality, it did happen and it was not any other night. It was a turning point in two lives. She never expected someone to come and propose her. It was her first proposal. But may be that was not the reason she's disturbed now. She saw sincerity in his eyes and it'll haunt her till her death. She would have given him an answer. Something is better than nothing! She would have told him something. But no! she stood there mouth opened and she let him leave.. she let go and now she sat here sulking.

"Geet!"

She looked up to find Aash.

"Come with me"

"Where?"

"Just come with me. There's a surprise."

Geet was tired of everything and was definitely not in a mood for surprises.

"I am tired Aash"

"Aright. I have to break the surprise now. You are going to meet the groom."

She straightened herself.

"Why?"

"Why? You are asking that? C'mon Geet. You know you're supposed to meet him. you yourself said, you would meet him once he's here."

"But what's the necessity? Anyway we are going to get married tonight. This marriage won't stop even if I ask to. Will it? The what's the point?"

"Shub shub bolo Geet. Ek minute. Why will you want the marriage to break at the first place?"

Geet looked around and sighed. "Let's go" that was what she said after being led to the terrace.

She was led to the terrace and Aash left from there, leaving her alone with the guy, she was going to et married to.

He was facing his back to her, watching the wedding preparations going on in front of the house.

"Hello" he said still facing his back to her.

"Hi" she said looking at the floor. She want this to finish as soon as possible. She was not in a mood.

"So, this is strange. Isn't it? To meet our fianc on the day of our marriage for the first time?"

She strangely was reminded of him, the way he spoke but she brushed off her thoughts as she chided herself once again for not answering him the previous night. She wasn't concentrating on a word her fianc spoke, all she was thinking about was him.

"I want to know your consent for this marriage" he said and that bought her back to reality.

"It doesn't matter now anyway. Will it?"

"What if I say it is?" he said turning towards her. She looked at him and her eyes widened.

Her face cracked into a smile and she didn't know why she did, but she ran towards him the next minute and hugged him tight.

He hugged her back and said "So can I take this as an answer for my proposal"

She broke out of the hug and said "Hell yes!" and hugged him again.

After few moments, when the excitement reduced and embarrassment overcome her, she asked slowly "Is this true?"

"It is" he smiled.

"How come you didn't tell me?" she frowned.

"I got to know this morning, while I was heading back to the cab. Shreya caught me and explained everything. She told me that it was a prank played by her and Aash, your cousin, according to which both of them lied to us that each of us were in love with someone. And then it stuck me. It can't be so coincidental. So, I took a chance and headed back, to the place of our stay and then opened the picture they gave me and bang! It's you!" he said grinning ear to ear.

She smiled and blushed. He was about to kiss those pink cheeks but had to stop as Shreya and Aash entered clearing their throats.

"Here they are kabab mei haddis" he whispered under his breath.

She smiled and both of them approached and apologized.

"We are sorry" they said.

"No. don't apologize. I need to thank you infact, for making me fall in love with my bride" he said encircling his arms around her.

"WHAT?" both of them asked.

"We'll tell all that later. Now can you please leave us for a moment?" She said as both of their jaws dropped.

"Shaadi hua nahi, abhi bul gayi humein" said Aash.

"Oye hoye saali sahiba ji, you are a drama queen"

"Aaye haye jeeju, you are really sweet."

"Aash will you get out?" said Geet.

"Someone is Jealous" said Shreya and the next minute Geet was chasing Shreya and Aash.

They went downstairs and before following them, she stopped at the edge of the stairs and turned towards him and said "I love my daaku" and left giggling, leaving him grinning ear to ear.

THE END

Edited by Cloud9. - 11 years ago
sanu3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

loved it

awesome , amazing ,,,

it was sooo adorable ... Daaku and Mummy were soo cute

thanks alot for penning this down

write soon

love
Sana
Edited by sindu555 - 12 years ago
mrk-1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
wow awsome yaar..loved it more !!
ninavi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
awesome OS sweety 
loved it 
๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Edited by 7thHeaven - 12 years ago
Sabmeratu. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wat a beautiful OS
Luvd it
So both bride and groom tried to run away but ended up falling in love wiv each other
Haha luvd geets Mummy hoga Teri maa๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
awww luvd ther cute nicknames for each other
Oof geet annoyed maan to the core...haha she put the perfume on the buffalos tail๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
lol luvd how maan was so happy wen he ate the cookies๐Ÿ˜› because of ther cousins prank they fell in love...
Happy belated birthday Aash
minnie_tweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
awesome OS loved it...superebbb..๐Ÿ‘
anupm04 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awasome os dear.
Loved it.
Downhill thumbnail
hiii shikhu...
one of the beautiful OS i have read,,,
it was so sweet, lovely, cute,...
shikhu man karta hai tera gaal kheechke tujhe jhappies and pappies doon๐Ÿ˜†...
loved it...
i am sure aash and shreya wud have loved this too๐Ÿ˜‰
keep writing sweetie
lov u

reva
Edited by Dreamy_Mystique - 12 years ago