ur favorite sister or friend ??

Poll

who is ur favorite sister or friend of sitaji or radhaji ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
...Mina... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
my favorite is urmila !! she was always so supportive of everything that happened to her and made many sacrifices.😳 i also luv trijata a lot !! Edited by -RamSitaKiDasi- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Lalitha! Just because she was so close to Radha.
But I also really love the characters of all the Ramayan sisters.
lakshmi42 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Urmila is the favorite sister and Trijata is the favorite friend
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Lalitha  and  Urmila
himanshuvij03 thumbnail
lalita and urmila is mine favourite😊...But I think they all moved on to the same path, religion and ethics, so i think about myself,  that i should learn (can't say we because i know many of people are intelligent and loved devotion and also participate in each and every spritual community) those things and all these serials gives us message to respect elders, loved all people and never forget god
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
All of them were great examples of the ideal friend/sister, but my favorite in terms of sister has always been Urmila. In terms of friend, I cam torn between Trijata and Lalitha. Both of them were such great and loyal friends to Sita and Radha, I cannot choose between them! But of the list I chose Urmila because her sacrifice was the greatest of all!
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I voted Trijata, will come back with the why in a bit :D
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I voted Urmila, & totally agreed with Lalitha di, she is the epitome of love & sacrifice! We can see Sita's sacrifice so much in Ramayan that sometimes we forget about hers, but it's true that she suffered a great agony for her elder sister. Lakshman sacrificed only himself to serve his brother, but Urmila had to sacrifice her husband, who was more that herself, to serve her sister! That's why I love Urmila so much!
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: lola610

I voted Trijata, will come back with the why in a bit :D

I guess 6 weeks doesn't exactly qualify as "a bit", but here I am anyway 😆 Of all the characters listed, I am most inspired by Trijata because given her circumstances, her righteousness was most surprising and difficult to maintain. Sita Mata's sister/cousins are inspiring in their capacity to sacrifice and endure, but given that they were all raised like her only, taught the same values by the same elders and had her example to follow, it would be surprising if they didn't have that strength of character. The gopis are remarkable in their reverence for RadhaKrishna in spite of their own love for Krishna - but from a spiritual point of view, they are said to be reincarnations of great sages who had longed for such a condition, so that they attained it was naturally meant to be. In Trijata's case, she was raised a rakshasi so her compassion had to be completely self-motivated. Also, she provided a great example of prioritizing between textbook dharma and the universal eternal type... though she worked for Ravan, she didn't think herself bound to follow his every unrighteous order as did many other epic characters who struggled in the face of conflicting duties - and she didn't try to be extra showy about her true goodness in front of him, she was smart about keeping herself alive so that it could continue.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Voted for: Other

(Took the entire epics as a whole, not just Sita or Radha, since I didn't notice that part b4 I voted.  If just Sita or Radha, I agree w/ Lola.)

Favorite sister - Subhadra
Favorite friend - Satyabhama (to Draupadi)

Subhadra was a great sister to not just Krishna/Balarama, but Draupadi as well - in addition to Abhimanyu, she took care of Draupadi's sons as well during the Pandava exile.

Satyabhama's meeting w/ Draupadi was classic, and she did her bit to encourage her that she would get her revenge, after Draupadi explained to her how to maintain her husband.

Also, when the Pandavas were in exile, Rukmini helped Subhadra raise Abhimanyu as well as Draupadi's children.  Dunno whether this falls under the definition of being a good freind or a good sister, but she was certainly the best bhabi there was.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago