Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
We'll get all that there πŸ˜† The more stuff we carry with us from here, the more hassle it is for us πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail
Yes after u pack presents there is no space left for other thingsπŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Oh we're not really taking too much from here for people there. Over the years too many people who we have taken stuff for tell other relatives of ours we don't bring good stuff, so why bother with them?
Summer3 thumbnail
Ha Ha. May be they expect gold bars.πŸ˜†
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
I think they expect designer wear, but we can't afford that.
Summer3 thumbnail
They are mad to expect designer wear.
Also fashion is all personal taste. They do not understand that the cost of living in USA is pretty high.
If they expect rich presents then they are quite able to survive on their own. It is cheaper to buy a saree in India and give it to them.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
I'm not talking about all my relatives but a few of them. Actually, it's good that my thaiya and thai don't live in India because their children really expect waaay too many things from us. It's their mother's fault though. She thinks because we earn in dollars we're multimillionaires or something. I thought the move to England would make them think otherwise but nothing's changed. Anyways...it doesn't matter. 

Yeah, my mom said if we need gifts, we'll get them from India itself for people. πŸ˜†
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 12 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

I'm not talking about all my relatives but a few of them. Actually, it's good that my thaiya and thai don't live in India because their children really expect waaay too many things from us. It's their mother's fault though. She thinks because we earn in dollars we're multimillionaires or something. I thought the move to England would make them think otherwise but nothing's changed. Anyways...it doesn't matter. 

Yeah, my mom said if we need gifts, we'll get them from India itself for people. πŸ˜†

Yes makes a lot of sense as you can get nice sarees there and they can use it too.
If they do not like it , they can still sell it.πŸ˜†

Everytime my sis comes back from Australia they brings chocolates etc.
My useless brother here even asks her to bring some bread. I told him he is mad.
We get all those things here in Singapore.

Of course my sis even buys some dal (uncooked) and asks us to try.
Guess ladies are always ladies and love to bring lots of things.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Aww...yeah, we bring so much random food items from India like masalas and candies πŸ˜†

My bua used to ask for a lot of random things from here like cheese, chocolates, and jello, but all those are available in India πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail

Human beings are mad sometimes and get too greedy.
But I think maybe some Indian sweets are worth bringing to the states. Myshore pak or something.

My brother even asked my sis to bring peanut butter. We get tons here and so too chocolates. worst is my dad who is always raiding the fridge.