MG FF: Quantum of Solace -Thread One-

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time writing an FF. I've been having many sleepless nights and one reason without a doubt is Geet! I keep having incomplete dreams of Maaneet and its bothering me to no end. So I figured why not write about them. I also would like to say a big thank you to my friend, Newdime for all the help and encouragement! And I know this is just another addition to the pile of FFs already out there but this is different (at least I think) and I hope to your liking.

Okay so a little more about the concept of the FF. Now for all of you James Bonds fans sorry to disappoint this isn't going to be an action packed piece.Basically Quantum of Solace means the degree of comfort necessary for relationship to exist. And without it, love is nonexistent.

This is a story of two troubled souls, Maan and Geet, whose lives have been filled with more pain than happiness. 

Will they be able to look through the past and move forward?

Will they be able to heal each other's wounds? Will they find comfort in one another?

Will they reach their quantum of solace?

Index

Part 1: Below

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Part

Part 13

Part

Part

Part

Part 17

Thread Two

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Limerance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Part 1

She sat on the bench and listened to the leaves rustle against the fierce wind. The horizon had darken now causing the street lamps to light one by one bringing to sight her flushed face to passerbys. The wind caused the tears on her face to leave streaks on her once rosy cheeks. But the appearance of her face and internal bodily conditions was the last thing on her mind. The only word to describe her state at the present moment was empty. Everything she had worked for had now come to an end'

Flashback

The patient's heart rate is dropping. Get a crash cart screamed a nurse. The sixty two year old billionaire had suffered from two heart attacks already and had been hospitalized a few days prior for cardiac pain. The fact that he had an appetite for greasy foods and his arrogant angry attitude did little to help his health. To treat this patient was beyond impossible. The demands just got more outrageous day by day, from wanting only specific organic foods to expecting the nurses to be his personal massager. But nothing could be done about it since he was the hospital's trustee and his money was very important. However, one person that could care less about the status of this patient was his doctor. She was a simple woman with only one sight in mind doing her job to the fullest. And this was one of the attributes that landed her the title of the hospital's top doctor. She had graduated summa cum laude from Harvard Medical School only three years ago and having such high recognition at a young age would make anyone boast but not her. She had solid focus that not even a bunch of dancing gorillas could break. Life could be credited for allowing such focus. It had treated her harshly but she learned sitting around moping would change nothing. Standing up on her own two feet would be the only way to survive and that's exactly what she did. She had never thought that it could all come crashing down in an instant but it had.

She was walking past the emergency room that day and a fifteen year old basketball player had been brought in after collapsing during a game. The medics brought him from the ambulance on a stretcher while the nurses rushed to the nearest room to set up all the equipment. After checking his pulse, Geet realized he was dropping and quickly began to administer the proper treatments in order to get him stable.

Meanwhile Mr. Walters, the billionaire trustee started to have chest pains. The nurses began to panic and rush here and there trying to get everything in order to get him stable again. Dr. Handa was paged and even an announcement was made over the intercom. At first Geet was too focused on the collapsed boy to notice her incessant pager but one of the nurses got her attention. Although she knew Mr. Walters was an important patient so was this young boy, his life was just as important. So only after she finally got him stable did she rush upstairs, dodging nurses and flower delivery boys until she made it to the sliding glass door of Mr. Walters hospital room. The sight that greeted her caused the veins on her temples to pound and her heart to race. The EKG machine had steady yet deadly beep and Mr. Walters body was covered with a white sheet.

The next few hours were like living nightmare and her life turned upside down. Dr. Handa was immediately called in for a meeting by the hospital administrator and other board members. She had expected to be suspended for a week at the most but what came hit her like a ton of bricks. They questioned her reasoning behind saving a young boy's life verses that of a billionaire trustee of the hospital. She replied a life is a life; money has nothing to do with it. The Hippocratic oath she took mentioned nothing about one life being worth more than another. However, the hospital was under pressure from the Walters family and didn't want to hear any of it. As a result she lost her job, but that was not the worst. She was also hit with a malpractice suit. This left her crippled. She knew no hospital would hire her until it was cleared hence Geet could no longer work. The decision to save the life at hand, doing her professional and civilian duty had now cost her not only her job, but everything.

Back to Present

So she sat there in central park completely oblivious to the things going on around her. Her phone had now about a dozen missed calls and three times as many messages from Meera. Despite everything and everyone that had changed or disappeared in her life, Meera was a constant. She was her anchor that supported her but at this point it seemed beyond impossible to make this situation better. Finally after realizing it wasn't safe to be out this late she decided to make her way home. All she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and hide under the covers but she knew with Meera around that wasn't going to happen.

She quietly opened the door to her loft hoping that Meera wouldn't notice her come in but who was she kidding? Meera had been glued to the sofa facing the door and the moment she saw some movement on the handle she jumped up and rushed towards it. Once Geet managed to slowly make her way in at a snail's pace, Meera just gave her one of those hugs. The icy feel of Geet's face against her alarmed Meera asked her where on earth she had been all this time.

Geet couldn't say anything she had lost her energy to speak from all the crying. She was lost, empty, and felt utterly useless. There were a million questions running through her mind. What was she going to do now? The one and only thing she desired most in life ever was to be a doctor but now it was over. She didn't want to think about it anymore let alone talk about so she managed in a creaky voice and told Meera so and went off to bed.

Meera realized this was worse than she thought it was going to be. Yes, Geet was strong, there was no doubt about it. After everything that happened with her family and in her past she emerged as an independent and smart woman. But now this was a blow to her confidence and everything she had dreamed for. Meera couldn't see her like this, so she had a plan that would do just the trick to help Geet.

Elsewhere there was also someone using all the charms and tricks they had in order to get her stubborn grandson to submit to her wishes. But alas it was of no use as usual.

"Maan please just think about it," pleaded the elderly wise lady who was at her wits end trying to convince her stubborn grandson into a being more social being.

"No Dadi, I've told you before and will say it again I'm not interested in any of this." Maan was used to his Dadi's daily shenanigans with this topic but today she seemed more adamant and emotional than before.

"What about Piyu at least think about her. She needs a mother's love." Dadi hoped maybe this angle would change his mind.

"Dadi she has both of us and is perfectly happy. Plus I don't want anyone around her that won't love her as much as she deserves to be."  

"Beta I know what you mean but not everyone is like her. I can't and won't let this go on any longer, I can't see you like this anymore. For how long will you continue this torture? Please just think about it'"

Maan felt defeated he had a soft corner for Dadi especially when she was all emotional like this. So he agreed that he would think about and immediately left for his meeting.  Tell Piyu I'm sorry I couldn't see her before I left. I'll see both later tonight, saying that Maan Singh Khurana grabbed his briefcase and walked out of his Hamptons vacation home.

Life has not been a walk in the park for Maan. Yes, he is one of India's greatest businessmen and due to his hard work he is now making waves in the international market. But this success in this professional ladder couldn't be reflected in his personal life which was a completely different story. One after another individuals came in his life and left either by will or chance. But whichever one it was did not matter since they all had given him the same emotion, pain. Life would give him a taste of happiness then snatch it away even before he was able to fully enjoy the sweet moments. These experiences caused him to not expect much from people and life. That's why Maan Singh Khurana's life consisted only of work and the two ladies that were always there for him, Dadi and Piyu. Women were something he'd lost faith in, he didn't hate them just felt an indifference towards them. Maan always guarded himself by keeping busy with work. To the world his business was where his happiness lay but he couldn't deny the emptiness he felt inside. Indeed he could deny his true feelings to the world but within he was a broken man.

Please let me know your thoughts by either commenting and/or hitting the like button! If you are interested in being pm-ed just comment and hit me up with a buddy request! 😃

Edited by Limerance - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Wow Minal...you did it finally...I loved it...its very sensible...

BTW the Title suits perfect for the story...It would be intriguing how these twosome will revolve each other and how they will measure their comfort around each other and with in self...

Both are bitten up badly by the cruelty of life...let see what you got for us readers...
Cheers...
Quantum of Solace...for Maan and Geet...
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail
Edited by Newdime - 12 years ago
Newdime thumbnail

Dreaming abt Maaneet...incomplete dreams?  Welcome to my club...Sleepless Nights...now I know thats what you were doing...all night...trying to give some meaning to your dreams...
anaum91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
amazing start...cont soon n plzz pm me d nxt part
mitzi11 thumbnail

lovely tittle
it remind james bond movie ur tittle
amazing concept
okay both maaneet are pain & hearbroken
pihu is maan daughter so it mean
he was married
even though it was part
but love it
love dadi maan conv she damn good
with blackmailing her grandson
minal damn good 👏👏
keep it
happy for yu yaar

waiting next part
pls do pm me

Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
AHHH! You did it! You wrote an FF, well, started one. lol Great beginning! I feel for Geet and Maan,.. :( 
Haha, sleepless nights? Me too. Love love loved it!! :) Please PM me 😊
Newdime thumbnail
Samara You always come up with bang stuff...good great going...
shah10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow..amazing update.
love it