TOI: Neha Marda to tie the knot

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Neha Marda to tie the knot

TNN | May 19, 2011, 12.00am IST

Neha Marda's glowing these days and her beau thinks so too, she tells us. "Ayushman Agarwal comes from a prominent business family in Patna. It's an arranged match that turned into love," she reveals. 

Her meeting with Ayushman has made her a firm believer of destiny. "Both of us were skeptical. We knew we were meeting just because our parents wanted us to," she says. They met for the first time when Ayushman had come from Patna for a business meet. "When his sister asked him over the phone about me, he told her, 'Actress hai, pata nahi acting kar rahi thi ya baat kar rahi thi,'" she shares.

But when they met the second time, sparks flew. "He took me to his favourite restaurant in Mumbai, which coincidently is my favourite too. We were very comfortable with each other." However, she says confessing feelings for each other was not easy. "We both were scared to confess, as we'd told each other earlier that the meeting was not going to culminate into marriage." 

She's glad that he asked her out again the next day. "Though I wanted to go, when he asked first I said no, thinking it may look odd." Then he persisted, and over chocolate milk at Carter Road, the question was popped. 

Neha knows that Patna is very different from Mumbai, but she says, "I realised that more than the place, it's the people who matter. And this is a lovely family. Also, since Ayushman studied in Mumbai, he's familiar with the demands of this city." 

She says that all those things her fianc thought would work against him worked otherwise. "Acting is my passion, but I always wanted to live with my in-laws. I love chocolate boy looks and I always wanted a guy who wore spectacles and he does," she says. They got engaged on the auspicious Akshay Tritya and the big day is going to be in February. "We may fix it on the 10th of that month." And she's prepared to travel to and fro to her sets. 

"I'll work things out. Ideally I'd want a project which will require 10 days a month here." And though she's left out on some lead roles that came her way, she says her role in Balika Vadhu will not suffer. "I may not take up a daily soap after marriage, but as long as Balika Vadhu is on I'll make time for it. I can't quit, it's too close to my heart."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arunima_LUIT thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
...wow so happy for her ...😊
MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4