Why is VV angry now when he only supported D?

anupditto thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I guess VV is not angry but damn frustated as his pride has been hurt as well.

It seems strange indeed that he told her that no matter who wins, media will gossip but she should remain strong and focussed on her dreams. And now he seems frustated by her win. Yes it seems wierd but sometimes it happens. Sometime we don't realise that something would hurt us unless it actually happen to us. So perhaps he was all ok with her victory over him (yes over him too; he is not a house husband to play the support role while Devki takes the lead credentials; it's he who runs the business of Vaibhav group and it's failure is his failure too, he simply can't distance himself from it saying IMV went to bidding, I didn't) but when it actually happened, it hurt him.

And wasn't that so natural. He might still be proud of Devki's success and victory (would have been sure if he regarded her as his wife which he currently doesn't) but it's yet very natural to feel shamed and disgraced by his failure and defeat. It's especially the case for people who have always taken pride in their success and victory. Not only affinity to glory of victory and success drives them,  but also failure makes them strive for success even harder because they feel shame and not pride in defeat. Yes they don't sulk but don't tolerate the defeat either and hence try to turn failures into stepping stones to success.

So what if the defeat is at the hands of his wife and not his enemy. A defeat is a defeat and there is no glory in getting defeated to anyone, not even to your wife (and VV doesn't even regards D as his wife as of now). Victory does establish superiority and defeat does establish inferiority. And there is no glory or pride in being established and certified as inferior to someone not even to your wife (may be to your next generation whom you have reared and brought up like your children or perhaps children in law as well, but that's a different case altogether as future gen being better than prev is a sign of progress while the opposite is an indicator of failure of prev generation). And Vaibhav group's defeat at hands of BB's company speaks of Vaibhav's relative incapability as much as it speaks of IMV's relative incapability with respect to the capabilities of Devki. It establishes Devki's superiority over Vaibhav as much as it does over IMV. And it's neither evil nor puzzling but only natural that VV is frustated by this which shows as anger.

Things might have been different had VV had feelings for D as his wife. Then his happiness for D's victory and his pride in being her husband might have overridden his sadness over his failure and his shame in being outdone, outshone, outclassed, outperformed, outeverything by D. But he still doesn't feel that way for D, so can he be blamed in feeling humiliated by defeat?
Edited by anupditto - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
His reaction was extremely natural.. as it seems.. there a different facets to any human being.. his humane side spoke the night when he said I hope you win to devki.. esp seeing that she was really working hard for it.. but then again he is a businessman.. a son.. a self.. he can't disregard all these in a fit of humanity.. So he should be spared his moment of disregard.. and frustration.. 

Only thing I find intriguing in this scenario is the gradual progression in VDs equation.. although they are not quintessential husband wife vaibhav quite comfortably shows his dislike and frustration on her.. which goes to show that she isn't a stark stranger anymore.. coz you don't do that to stark strangers.. the thing is they both care.. to some extent.. which is rather nice.. there is a gradual comfort level building.. which can't be given any connotation.. but is very realistic.. where both can voice each other's opinion rather honestly to each other.. esp coming from 2 very diff places.. at most times..
intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sonali.19281

His reaction was extremely natural.. as it seems.. there a different facets to any human being.. his humane side spoke the night when he said I hope you win to devki.. esp seeing that she was really working hard for it.. but then again he is a businessman.. a son.. a self.. he can't disregard all these in a fit of humanity.. So he should be spared his moment of disregard.. and frustration.. 

Only thing I find intriguing in this scenario is the gradual progression in VDs equation.. although they are not quintessential husband wife vaibhav quite comfortably shows his dislike and frustration on her.. which goes to show that she isn't a stark stranger anymore.. coz you don't do that to stark strangers.. the thing is they both care.. to some extent.. which is rather nice.. there is a gradual comfort level building.. which can't be given any connotation.. but is very realistic.. where both can voice each other's opinion rather honestly to each other.. esp coming from 2 very diff places.. at most times..

absolutely agreed , vaibhav reaction was very natural
he will feel bad for this defeat , it was his company , he will feel sad 4 his dad .
he is also worried abt media blowing this issue out of proportion.
btw - u write very well๐Ÿ˜Š
ayushman9 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Can't even say VV was angry . You see from the day his sweetheart left ,he is not in his usual form . I mean have you seen how much mental frustation he has to under . Devki only has to worry about his business at most ,but VV has to tackle business ,tackle mom ,tackle Devki , Tackle media,tackle Bro ,tackle heartbreak & most of all tackle daddy's random mood swings. And if he has given Devki money by taking loans ,then he also has to worry about paying EMI's .

Dude ,anybody's gonna become mad in such situation . VV's only had a outburst ,which also calm down after a few minutes .

I m more worried that instead of IMV ,it could be Devki who gonna misunderstood VV . This fact could well generate "Pyaar ki chingari" in Devki . But CV's are CV's ,they could well sabotage this fact by making Devki angry that her ego is hurt .

sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: intruderfast

absolutely agreed , vaibhav reaction was very natural
he will feel bad for this defeat , it was his company , he will feel sad 4 his dad .
he is also worried abt media blowing this issue out of proportion.
btw - u write very well๐Ÿ˜Š

thanks for the compliment.. appreciate it.. btw I haven't as usual gathered your name yet.. typical me.. always lost... LOL.. 
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
And yet I wud say he has handled this VERY positively .

See the clash . He is her husband , a rival business man and also a loyal son to the man who gave him birth ...Vaibhav had to sit back and see his Father losing to his wife due to her so called goal of becoming a businesswoman by taking her grandfather's business to heights by opposing her sasural .[ How unrealistic ...did she really EXPECT that ? But hey then there wud be no serial }

So he provided the finances , got her that one project to keep her busy as losing one project was bearable to an established company like theirs ...and convinced his father that they cud now surge ahead .

I clap for him . He was the one who was maximum affected ...a sandwich in this whole mess . Devki is idealistic to the point of being naive and unreal ...and IMV is a ruthless , materialistic cynic who wud have crushed her long back had not Vaibhav stood in the middle .

There is something very positive about Vaibhav .He is NICE . Yup , thats the word . He juggled so many balls and tried to makje EVERYONE happy .

I honestly wud like Devki to taste defeat at least once in this serial , at the hands of husband and sasur . She has had it easy uptill now ...all that pampering from sasur and husband and charu and Baa . She is yet to realise the enormity of the step she has taken ...I see no reason why Vaibhav shud constantly concede defeat to keep everyone happy . Its time Devki too understood it and that SRIKRISHNA BAA who is being her charioteer .

If Vaibhav's ego gets hurt at some point , I will still feel sympathy for him only and not call him a chauvinist . He really isn't one .Nor is IMV . IMV likes his women doing something different other than cooking . I feel a grudging respect for him for that . He encourages intelligence in women ...he tells Nirali to study horse racing as a business deeply , he enourages Charu's social work , He had made a cabin for Devki by offering her a high post which she foolishly turned down as she had unreal idealistic plans ...and he even gave the event management work to Rajvi once although Rajvi is really really laidback and has zero personal initiative . IMV has also taken Rupal under his wing .

IMV is the bad guy , but IMV respects the capability of women . He does it as he has the highest regard for a very tough  woman ...BAA ...who influences him deeply . He has grown up seeing the capability and tough streak in a feminine persona ... his mother ...and he always encourages women to do something other than cooking and bearing children .

Baa , Siddarth , Master and Charu and Manhar r in the enemy camp ...they r fully on Devki's side .

But Vaibhav alone isn't . He stands in the middle and is loyal to his father . I appreciate that . Loyal to his Dad , yet human enough to have a soft spot for his wife's unreal idealistic goals of making it big in the corporate world of sharks ...Vaibhav tries to keep ALL HAPPY .

Tomorrow if his ego gets hurt , I wont blame him . Devki brought this one on herself , and so did Baa who encouraged her in her zest to teach her rebellious offspring IMV a moral lesson . In this whole process . BAA did not think ONCE how Vaibhav wud be affected , did she ? She is so wrapped up in Maangrol memories and condemning her son and showing Devki the way like Krishna . That she has missed the most inevitable future happening ...an ego rift between Vaibhav and Devki .So surprising that her experience and grey hairs did not warn her about that possibility .

She cud have suggested to Devki that merge ur BBs company with Viranis and lets come at a common solution . Be WITH ur husband not AGAINST ur husband ...thats not what marraige is for . But Baa didnt do it .

Ultimately Chandraprabha enterprises will merge with Vaibhav group , but that will be at the end . Till then we watch this saga which is interesting , I must admit .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago
intruderfast thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sonali.19281

thanks for the compliment.. appreciate it.. btw I haven't as usual gathered your name yet.. typical me.. always lost... LOL.. 

hota hain๐Ÿ˜†, my name 's anmol
aue waise bhi shakespeare said whats in a name๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
anupditto thumbnail
@koolsadhu1000 add to that the fact that the deal was for Sid, so he also had to think about his brother. A bit strange that apart from Sid's wife and IMV, no one else felt sorry for Sid on loosing out on the project, his first. They say Vaibhav group is already big but it was D's 1st step so it's crucial that she gets success. They forgot that Sid too hasn't made big name for him yet and he wants to do that badly, not for himself but for love for his father. But no one wanted his success, they were all praying for D's success instead.  And they rejoiced that D won and didn't lament even once that Sid lost.
anupditto thumbnail

Aspiration of only one of the 2, D or Sid could have got materialized, not of both and they had to choose. They chose D not Sid, God knows why? In campus placement of colleges, job of one student doesn't generally come in way of job of other and all can get what they want especially if the market is good. Still, there's a culture of keeping the public and open celebration on hold till everyone gets the job.

Here D can get her first chance of doing well, making her name and making her aspirations fulfill only if Sid fails to do so and Sid can do so only if D fails to do so. That's what happen if there's competition for the same thing; there is a winner and there is a loser. Period. Even if one is second, he is a runner up, an also ran, he is not a winner above others but a loser to the first. Sid couldn't get his first chance, his first project and still all are celebrating that D's got her first chance, not even feeling for Sid for even once. Praising D on what a winner she is which is nothing but reinstating that what a loser Sid is for in competition there can't be two winners. Can't get more amazing!

And knowing D, how she keeps trying to show how good she is, she would definetly go to Sid and say I am sorry that you lost but please don't feel you are a loser (see how caring and encouraging I am). You will get your opportunities in future (but this time you were against me right, so you had no chance, I am too good for you, you see; in future you will get chance to compete with mediocres and then you will win I am confident). My intention was never to make you loose or to defeat you or to show that I am better than you and I can defeat you (I am so nice you see but sorry that you still lost, got defeated and that it still got proved that I am way superior to you). She is an expert in rubbing salt to wounds๐Ÿ˜‰

In an episode, she offers a cake/sweet to IMV and says something of this sort. 'By saying that this sweet is for my success and progress, I don't want to insult you but this is for my mother's b'day...'.๐Ÿ˜† What exactly are you doing by speaking those words in bold, the perfect girl?

koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
anup ...I totally agree with u about Sid .

I found Rajvi's indifference to Devki's success party and her refusal to gift her the gold necklace very very understandable . I find Rajvi the better wife anyday ...her husband is so short tempered [ he is understanding and adjusting to the world , NOT to her , he was throwing her out that day for Devki's mistake] , doesn't love her , yet she valiantly tries to make the marraige work and be there for her son . She felt for her husband's loss ...she ALONE felt it . Not even Charu . That was SO surprising . That Baa and Charu both r constantly thinking ONLY from Devki's point of view , they don't give a thought to Sid or Rajvi . The necklace to Rajvi was given to the jeweller as an afterthought 'so she should not feel bad as only Devki was getting it ...that would be the appropriate thing to do ."

They praise Devki so much to the skies in front of her while she just silently recedes in the background , taken for granted . I feel very bad for her as I watch the serial .

While Devki stands against Vaibhav before even a month of marraige is completed and is hailed like the Joan of arc by the Viranis , Rajvi supports and feels for her husband's loss after 8 years of loveless marraige . Who is the better bahu ?

Ishwar ka Guroor  Todna Chahiye , Ishwar Ka Guroor Todna chahiye Aur Ye Kaam Devki Karegi And I will guide her like Krishna is the GOAL of the ELDERS [ Motilal and Baa] in the house . Ok Fine , but what about Vaibhav and Sid ? You guys are going to butcher THEIR lives to teach Ishwar a lesson so u have a grim , satisfied feeling as a parent that Hey I finally taught a lesson to my most rebellious child and had the last word ?

You are so right about that sweet [ cake] dialogue . She doesit EVERY time . This I say as a Bahu , That I say as a businesswoman . This I give as Moms Birthday Cake , not As My success . Arre Watz this . There are no two persons . Its only ONE person with ONE stand . I am AGAINST you ...bas . Actually its as simple as that .

I really liked it how Rajvi bluntly told Charu her true feelings . I can relate to THAT kind of honesty , not these fake dialogues .

And you know what , Manhar DID have a big role in giving Devki that contract . If he was STRICTLY a government official what the hell was he doing , huffing and puffing on the airport to catch hold of Devki to warn her NOT to miss the meeting ? Had he gone to meet all the applicants personally this way to ensure they would not miss the meeting ? Is this what government officers on committees do ?

The Truth is he was ITCHING to teach Ishwar this lesson since a very long time . Dear Manhar is a part of the LETS BREAK ISHVAR'S GUROOR GROUP nestling in the Virani household . Just see the scene where Ishwar was explaining confidently to Devki that established companies only win the contract , that the new companies r a mere formality in government protocol .They have shown Manhar listening to the conversation with pricked ears like an eavesdropping elf .๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ishwar's chances were doomed the moment he walked in the room and saw Manhar greeting him COLDLY .

I am rather GLAD that authorities are going to question the Sachcha Manhar . Of course Wicked Ishwar [ How I adore the bad boy who makes this serial so interesting} has a hand in it ๐Ÿ˜† but its gonna be interesting to see the roly poly dude answer some pertinent questions .

Btw Manhar and Jyotsna look like TWINS . They look more like SIBLINGs than hubby wife .. Made for Each other .