Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: badnam

Huh? Can you please elaborate?

wats there to explain? there is an old philosophy and saying that says that being mean to sumone mean is not the answer! as in 2 wrongs do not make a right! especially when Raashi is not being punished for the right things! this will not change her attitude! unecessary punihsment does not help!

Good so you do agree Rashi was wrong..😃 Thats all I wanted to hear. Actually I also agree with you regarding Kokila. Her taking away things was in a bad taste. but that does not make Rashi as "Poor Rashi".

well in this situation I do feel sorry for her! Raashi is only young! but a woman twice her age shud know better!
ann_belle thumbnail
After my marriage the first holiday I went to was in the US with my husband and his family, since it was my first trip abroad my husband had given me a green signal to shop to my hearts content. I was working for a couple of years before the trip so I had loads of my own money to spend. I had bought individual gifts for all my husbands family including his siblings in laws who lived in the US.

Still my in laws were very upset about my shopping and constantly berated me for it. I explained to them that it was my first trip abroad, I had family and friends to pick up things for and that it was my money being spent. Still my husband was told off, for my wasting my hard earned money on trinkets and souvenirs. My husband then sat me down and explained how things work in his family and that as their daughter in law my in laws had certain expectations from me and that I needed to adhere to his families rules and regulations.

While he respected my right to shop since it was my first trip, he agreed with me that we would have a couple of days where I could shop to my hearts content since we were there for a month and the rest of the time, I should focus on sight seeing with his family and not be running from shop to shop buying things all the time.

So for the rest of the trip I did what makes his parents happy and made my husband happy, went shopping before we left and everything went well.

But when I accompany my husband on business trips, their is absolutely no shopping done... nothing takes away from the work that has to be done...

Rashi was being very selfish and self centered, she does not care about anyone but herself and her mother... She has constantly tried to sabotage Gopi, tried killing her mother in law (fire in the temple) her Aunt in law (empty pressure cooker on the stove) and is the main reason for Ahem's hatred of Gopi...

What goes around comes around... if you treat your in laws well they will treat you well too...

I have since that first trip been married for 5 years and now whenever I travel with the in laws, they take me shopping!!!

Originally posted by: ann_belle

After my marriage the first holiday I went to was in the US with my husband and his family, since it was my first trip abroad my husband had given me a green signal to shop to my hearts content. I was working for a couple of years before the trip so I had loads of my own money to spend. I had bought individual gifts for all my husbands family including his siblings in laws who lived in the US.

Still my in laws were very upset about my shopping and constantly berated me for it. I explained to them that it was my first trip abroad, I had family and friends to pick up things for and that it was my money being spent. Still my husband was told off, for my wasting my hard earned money on trinkets and souvenirs. My husband then sat me down and explained how things work in his family and that as their daughter in law my in laws had certain expectations from me and that I needed to adhere to his families rules and regulations.

While he respected my right to shop since it was my first trip, he agreed with me that we would have a couple of days where I could shop to my hearts content since we were there for a month and the rest of the time, I should focus on sight seeing with his family and not be running from shop to shop buying things all the time.

So for the rest of the trip I did what makes his parents happy and made my husband happy, went shopping before we left and everything went well.

But when I accompany my husband on business trips, their is absolutely no shopping done... nothing takes away from the work that has to be done...

Rashi was being very selfish and self centered, she does not care about anyone but herself and her mother... She has constantly tried to sabotage Gopi, tried killing her mother in law (fire in the temple) her Aunt in law (empty pressure cooker on the stove) and is the main reason for Ahem's hatred of Gopi...

What goes around comes around... if you treat your in laws well they will treat you well too...

I have since that first trip been married for 5 years and now whenever I travel with the in laws, they take me shopping!!!

if it was a buisness trip he shud've not taken her with him! they do not go abroad every year or sumthing so for Raashi it was a holiday! and it is immensly mean to ruin sumbody's holidays like this! u r only young once! y do always bahu have to adjust and think about things! there shud be a compromise at both ends!
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

👏 Very proud off you. There is this constant "why can't I live my life after marriage" "why does a bahu always have to listen". This type of attitude only breaks a family. Just like the topic starter wants "koki a women older then Rashi, to understand and teach Rashi nicely" Same goes for Rashi, she needs to understand the rules and elders and tame herself. The route you took to solve the problem has concluded were YOUR IN LAWS that were once against you shopping they themselves take you now. You could have thrown the whole situation out of proportion, started a heated argument and did what you want. But by compromising, you respected your husbands parents, you husband and YOURSELF. The point was not that Rashi shopped and Koki took it away. Koki took it away because Rashi shopped for all the wrong reasons. Her greedy mother. In fact, Koki didn't even take all the stuff, there was still tons of things left on the bed. Koki wasn't mad that Rashi shopped, but she was mad that that was ALL she did and then on top of that, she bought nothing for anyone else but herself and her mother. She must remember she has TWO families now. In my POV, Rashi is wrong, was wrong and will stay wrong if she doesn't get her act straight together. I have said this in the past, she is digging her self into a hole and if she doesn't realize what she is doing, it will become her grave. And there won't be anyone to pull her out of the ditch. She has a great husband and family and she completely missing in all the glitz and glam. Well I end my opinion here, because it seem as this is a useless debate.

Originally posted by: taral83

👏 Very proud off you. There is this constant "why can't I live my life after marriage" "why does a bahu always have to listen". This type of attitude only breaks a family. Just like the topic starter wants "koki a women older then Rashi, to understand and teach Rashi nicely" Same goes for Rashi, she needs to understand the rules and elders and tame herself. The route you took to solve the problem has concluded were YOUR IN LAWS that were once against you shopping they themselves take you now. You could have thrown the whole situation out of proportion, started a heated argument and did what you want. But by compromising, you respected your husbands parents, you husband and YOURSELF. The point was not that Rashi shopped and Koki took it away. Koki took it away because Rashi shopped for all the wrong reasons. Her greedy mother. In fact, Koki didn't even take all the stuff, there was still tons of things left on the bed. Koki wasn't mad that Rashi shopped, but she was mad that that was ALL she did and then on top of that, she bought nothing for anyone else but herself and her mother. She must remember she has TWO families now. In my POV, Rashi is wrong, was wrong and will stay wrong if she doesn't get her act straight together. I have said this in the past, she is digging her self into a hole and if she doesn't realize what she is doing, it will become her grave. And there won't be anyone to pull her out of the ditch. She has a great husband and family and she completely missing in all the glitz and glam. Well I end my opinion here, because it seem as this is a useless debate.

its funny how a 20yr old is suppose to be soo understanding and compromising while the 50yr old can act as a total (u know wat), I find this ideology ridiculous!
I would like to ask another thing, isn't her own son very mean with his own wife? she only lectures him! I have never seen her giving him a huge punishment! and here raashi just shopped and WOW!
ann_belle thumbnail
In our Culture the daughter in law compromises... its the way that girls of good families and good upbringing are brought up... to respect their in laws, their family values and their husband...

Raashi has 0 (zero) upbringing and no values, only greed, selfishness and how to sabotage Gopi's marriage!!!

boye beej amul key kaha sey aaye aam...

Hetal and Jigar have been trying for over a year to change Rashi with love... but its pointless, with a mother like Urmila, we have no hope for Rashi...

In our Culture the daughter in law compromises... its the way that girls of good families and good upbringing are brought up... to respect their in laws, their family values and their husband...

Raashi has 0 (zero) upbringing and no values, only greed, selfishness and how to sabotage Gopi's marriage!!!

boye beej amul key kaha sey aaye aam...

Hetal and Jigar have been trying for over a year to change Rashi with love... but its pointless, with a mother like Urmila, we have no hope for Rashi...

yes daughter-in-laws are well trained, and mother in-laws are expected to be unreasonable and mean!
music_masti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i couldnt resist laugh reading some of the posts...

koki taking all the stuffs that rashi shopped and all here like going gaga over rashi...its the mothers duty to correct the kids...blah blah blah...hahahahah

when kinjal was doing all the shopping...when kinjal going for beauty parlour...where was this mother...kokis own daughter kinjal is going shopping free with hubbys credit card...woooww...

raashi learn from kinjal...kinjal is not wearing jeans...

what???

kinjals one and only good thing...kinjal is not wearing jeans...but she shop..she can abuse everyone...she can bring her majnu in her room..she can elope on wedding day..she can say big lie to her family..she can even make modifamily shame ...

but you have to learn from kinjal that shes not wearing jeans...

and koki is very good that she taught raashi a lesson...not her son and daughter...but every one should learn from them...

Originally posted by: music_masti

i couldnt resist laugh reading some of the posts...

koki taking all the stuffs that rashi shopped and all here like going gaga over rashi...its the mothers duty to correct the kids...blah blah blah...hahahahah

when kinjal was doing all the shopping...when kinjal going for beauty parlour...where was this mother...kokis own daughter kinjal is going shopping free with hubbys credit card...woooww...

raashi learn from kinjal...kinjal is not wearing jeans...

what???

kinjals one and only good thing...kinjal is not wearing jeans...but she shop..she can abuse everyone...she can bring her majnu in her room..she can elope on wedding day..she can say big lie to her family..she can even make modifamily shame ...

but you have to learn from kinjal that shes not wearing jeans...

and koki is very good that she taught raashi a lesson...not her son and daughter...but every one should learn from them...

hahaha thankyou!