Guddu Coloring Runjhun's Sari?

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Guys,
  Remember the lines Runjhun says to Guddu to teach him that "baseless accusations do hurt people"?

She says: Aapne humaari saadiyon mein syahi kyun daali?
[English: Why did you (spoil) my Sari]with color/dye?]

I felt, that line had 2 meanings:
* One - the straight-forward one.
* Second - a bit poetic, which meant, "Why did you color my life?" I felt as if she is saying, "My life was colorless before and since you have come in to my life I see everything changed. I am happy and smiling more. Everything is just beautiful and perfect. My M&Ms don't mis-treat me ..rather you take care of that. I have found such loving in-laws. Seems like my life has so many colors now."

I know the 2nd meaning is like exaggerating and I might be seeing too much into it. I am sure I am. I can't help but relate it that way. 

Your thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tereliyex thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think it was da straight forward one but yours was better!
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bee5

Guys,
  Remember the lines Runjhun says to Guddu to teach him that "baseless accusations do hurt people"?

* Second - a bit poetic, which meant, "Why did you color my life?" I felt as if she is saying, "My life was colorless before and since you have come in to my life I see everything changed. I am happy and smiling more. Everything is just beautiful and perfect. My M&Ms don't mis-treat me ..rather you take care of that. I have found such loving in-laws. Seems like my life has so many colors now."

I know the 2nd meaning is like exaggerating and I might be seeing too much into it. I am sure I am. I can't help but relate it that way. 

Your thoughts?

Heck, Bee, I need to take your temperature to see if you are in a delirious state!  LOL!

It sounds beautiful and it well may be, but this time I am wearing your hat.  Call me cynical!  I am going with *One*!
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago
Wafah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bee5

Guys,

Your thoughts?

I thought I was the only crazy one...😆

To me I read most of Guddu and Runjhun's lines to each other as a sort of double entendre. Like there is a possibility of underlying meaning to it, even thought the characters don't necessarily themselves mean it that way but the way it is laid out. That's just the way it is with words. The person who says it can mean something but to you it might mean a whole something else...(this is also why miscommunication occurs but that is not a part of this discussion)

Like you said, Runjhun asking Guddu about coloring her saris can taken in that meaning too,  not necessarily for Runjhun intentionally, but maybe on a subconscious level yes. It's like that Guddu coloring her sari is the same as her coloring her life. Her simple plain life is now filled with a different sort of color, sometimes a angry red, sometimes a calm blue, sometimes a flirty pink.

To me, Bhagonwali is written and conceived in such a way that words and touches can hold different meanings for all of us. Like for Guddu's dialogue in the bathroom, he says to Runjhun tell me who it is and I won't leave the person. Of course he meant that he'd exact revenge fromt heat person or beat him/her up but the use of words "I won't leave them" was nicely done, instead of using "I'd beat them up" or something else. Especially followed by Runjhun's "It was me".

Word choices as as important in writing because of what they could potentially mean, and Bhagonwali has a lot of that. With words, glances, and touches (You know how crazily I analyzed those).

Like Guddu asking Runjhun to eat the spicy food and then giving her the tonic to me is like him creating the fire, then realizing his mistake and taking steps to put out the fire as well. So relating the coloring of Runjhun's sari to the coloring of her life is definitely possible, symbolically if not intentionally. That's just how language is...and it is always open to interpretation...some colorful, so not so much so...I definitely like the way you related those words to Runjhun's life.

gardes thumbnail
Wafah and Bee, no arguments just my view...

The kalakari in writing and direction of this serial is such that it is open to interpretation by the viewer.  Many serial writers come across very tired in their dialogues and lose the zest shortly after they start.  So the freshness of the story and its execution disappears early on.  Not so here.

I usually look for symbolisms and interpretations and am almost on the brink of agreeing.  But the last few days are very discombobulating for me.  With my romantic side of the brain I start to believe what you all write and say and then the other side takes over and says, no it is too early.  It just cannot be.

Maybe because I have not seen from the beginning, or I am carrying bagagge from watching other dud serials...
Wafah thumbnail

Originally posted by: gardes

Wafah and Bee, no arguments just my view...

The kalakari in writing and direction of this serial is such that it is open to interpretation by the viewer.  Many serial writers come across very tired in their dialogues and lose the zest shortly after they start.  So the freshness of the story and its execution disappears early on.  Not so here.

I usually look for symbolisms and interpretations and am almost on the brink of agreeing.  But the last few days are very discombobulating for me.  With my romantic side of the brain I start to believe what you all write and say and then the other side takes over and says, no it is too early.  It just cannot be.

Maybe because I have not seen from the beginning, or I am carrying bagagge from watching other dud serials...

LOL Gardes...see to me the symbolisms and interpretations are always what's indicative of the mind per se. So maybe the romantic notions are far from happening, and yes it maybe too soon because there are too many variables. But these variables are what make it hard to judge anything. If either of us could say for sure we wouldn't be able to have a volley of words back and forth.

The symbolism to me is like the potential this relation can have. I'm not saying Runjhun meant it that way or the authors put it out in that manner...but it is definitely a viable way to look at in the manner that Guddu is coloring Runjhun's life (however slowly...or maybe he's just staining it) and she is possibly adding nuances to his. I don't think it's the potential that the symbolism holds not necessarily what is true...having said that I know where you're coming from. These little "nok-jhoks" and word play may indicate a double meaning or not. Like you said it's always open to interpretation. It's possible that we can read too much too soon...but who knows for sure.

It's like if you see 6 from your point of view and the other person sees a 9 doesn't mean its wrong. In that circumstance that situation your 6 is the other person's 9.

SweetFifi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
can someone check what bee's been sniffing this morning...i think it is...love tonic😆

so here is a recipe for love tonic..hey this is real stuff

Homemade Love Tonic Recipe
The name says it all hehehe...Increases feelings of love.

3 drops sandalwood essential oil 
2 drops vanilla essential oil 
3 drops cedar wood essential oil 
15 drops bergamot essential oil 
1/2 pt (300ml) 70 percent alcohol or vodka

Pour the alcohol into a bottle or jar. Add the oils and shake well. Leave for 1 week. Go easy on this stuff. You can always make more! Use love tonic in a diffusers, to scent body powders, to create a scented spray, in a massage oil or as a personal scent (dilute to 1% in jojoba) and worn on pulse points.

gardes thumbnail
Wafah, thanks for interjecting the right word - variables.  That word creates a notion of reality in my head.

"Variables" are also what is causing the jumble for me.  And I am getting distracted and conflicted by what I want to see against what should be.  In books or movies you don't have an opportunity, but in a daily soap you do and I want the story to explore emotions.  They have done well so far and need to continue..
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago
skindia thumbnail
I am forced to share this youtube link - 

http://youtu.be/vNV5LKOhCfw

Its from Tanu Weds Manu

Rangrez (Hey Rangrez Mere Hey) Tanu weds manu 2011 Full song ft Wadali Brothers r madhvan

\

Wafah thumbnail
Kaunse Paani mein...kaunsa rang ghola hai...
Fifi's Love Potion😆...Do you have to apply on self or the person you love...hahaha or whoever intakes just gets lovey dovey...