nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

I am crystal clear, I don't like buttering anyone : Ankita Lokhande

Ankita 'Archana' Lokhande shot to fame with her popular daily Pavitra Rishta on Zee. The actress, recently seen on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa with her co-actor and now life-partner Sushant Singh Rajput, was appreciated by all. TellyChakkar spoke to her to know more about the real Ankita.

Tell us about your life after Pavitra Rishta.
Post Pavitra Rishta, there have been a lot of changes in my life. My attitude has undergone a change, I am no longer stressed thinking 'will I get work or not?' You know, when you don't have work and are struggling, you tend to be irritated and stressed. I have become easy. Now I shop a lot and my personal life has gone through a drastic change. The show has given me Sushant in my life (smiles).

Tell us about this particular change (Sushant) and do you think Jhalak helped you guys get closer?
It's a good change! I am very happy and Sushant means a lot to me. I do thinkJhalak helped me know him better. During Jhalak, I realized what I mean to Sushant, how concerned he is about me, how much he supports me. He gets angry when someone says anything to me. I saw a different side of Sushant.

Tell us a bit more about the real Ankita?
I am very fun-loving. I love to talk and chat. I am not the reserved kind and I love interacting with people. I can say I am a very spirited girl and I love doing masti.

Do you have any rules set for your relationship?
Yes! Sushant and I had decided we are never going to fight, however, that never happens. We end up fighting most of the times.

Three things no one knows about you.
The first is I speak what I feel. I am not the sort to keep things inside me and be afraid to speak the truth. Secondly, I am not someone to show off or fake anything. Thirdly, I am very crystal clear. I don't play games with anyone. I don't like buttering anyone. I was myself during Jhalak too and I did not try and flatter the judges. I am myself and if I dislike anyone I let them know that, straight on their face.

Who are your best friends in the industry?
I have a lot of friends in the industry. Rashmi Desai and Nandish Sandhu are our closest friends. We often hang out together and meet on a regular basis. I am even close to Jay Bhanushali-Mahhi Vij and Ragini Khanna.

What do you do when you aren't shooting?
I love shopping especially for my make-up. I love to visit the beauty parlour. I visit my club, swim and play badminton. Not many know I am a state level badminton player.

And don't you spend time with Sushant?
Sushant loves water though he doesn't know how to swim. Sometimes I get scared when he is in the water. We love playing badminton; we don't miss this chance on the sets too. We love going out for long drives together as well.

What are Sushant's strengths and weaknesses?
I think I am both his strength and weakness. It is a fact he can't stand me being insulted. He loses his cool and I am his weak point. I am also his strength in the sense that I am his support system.

What are your dreams?
I want to do a movie at the end of the day. It should be a good positive role, something that will give me a chance to show the real me.

Marriage on the cards?
We haven't really started thinking yet. Sushant has just proposed to me, though a little thought has to be given to it but we are just starting out our careers and will take some time before we settle down.

One thing that angers you?
I think I am very possessive about my things. I am very possessive about my family and I hate it if they love someone else. I am possessive about my best friends.

Anymore reality shows for you?
No, I think Jhalak has been a fulfilling experience and it really demanded a lot. I had to juggle between the shoots and it was tough. However, when I came to Mumbai from Indore, I wanted to take part in Roadies but I was scared of the judges and then I decided otherwise (laughs).

Edited by nikitagmc - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Wow cool interview, I adore Ankita for that 
Thanks for Sharing!!!