HariOm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I was looking forward to see Madhuri dance on JDJ. She is an amazing dancer with great poise and grace. But sadly I was disappointed with her dance performance in the finale.

!st issue was the outfit she wore. Mrs Nene should realize that she is 40+ and does not have a body to carry a leather outfit. It unfortunately showed the bulges in all wrong places.

Second issue was dance itself. She cannot move as fast as she would earlier when she was young. She should have chosen a slower dance with graceful movements. That suits her a lot.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I actually agree. I've no issues with the outfit, I thought she could carry it off, but the dance style was definitely an issue. I LOVE Madhuri, always have loved her, and was really looking forward to her performing again. But I guess Hip-Hop doesn't suit her as well as Bollywood or Indian Classical does.
Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^^Yeah, that's what. He could've done something more suited to her, though. Even within Hip-Hop. Oh well.
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am with you on all accounts. 

For me, the outfit did not suit her. Sometimes it is better to dress according to age. She did carry it off no doubt, but not in the best possible 'Madhuri' way. 

Also, I remember seeing 'Ke Sera Sera' and loving the dance in that video. While that was twenty years ago, I feel it was still bettter than what she did on stage the other day. 

Remo's choreography might have suited someone else. Might. But the fact was that Madhuri is known and comfortable in some other style, and you need to choreograph a person, not just dance. 
sweet_angel27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
yup, I agree I wished she did some other dance style, something like her aja nachle dance :)