blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I am confounded how we continue to approve this show about 2 wives. The Indian Constitution does not recognize 2 wives- only one. Technically, only Rukmi is Ranveer's wife as she was his "first" and they never "divorced" to make way for Rasal. I pity Rasal as she has no rights to Ranveer or her child legally speaking. It is time for someone like Ashu to educate Rukmi, Rasal and Ranveer and the tausa- everyone, that what Rukmi wants for Ranveer and Rasal is illegal unless she herself divorces Ranveer.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Garkhelsun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
its tv land blokes .. is not supposed to make sense to us sensible ppl
😊
blokes thumbnail
gharkelsun- actually it does matter- i just got back from a trip to haiti where everyone is hooked on an old hindi tv serial. they were asking me all kinds of clarifying questions. frankly, i cannot bare to go to such countries where they watch a dubbed version and wonder if 2 wives are legal in india!
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blokes

gharkelsun- actually it does matter- i just got back from a trip to haiti where everyone is hooked on an old hindi tv serial. they were asking me all kinds of clarifying questions. frankly, i cannot bare to go to such countries where they watch a dubbed version and wonder if 2 wives are legal in india!

well remember it used to be legal so some people have not got out of that world.. 

for example, growing up pakistan(my home country) was this religious place where all where salwar kameez (cover from head to toe.. nobody shows skin at all) 5 times prayer was mandatory.. and the list goes on.. i've been there twice, i pray more than half those women and am more conscious about covering up than them too..  point is, my parents who lived in the time when it happened were not willing to realize that with time, people and their rules change...

same thing with people out of country.. they saw an era where this happened and are unwilling to believe otherwise.. also, media plays a big role.. even tho lots of television shows aim to show the bad of these laws, they forget that they need to show reality ( how it is wrong and not accepted in most parts of india, as the rest of the world,  as i'm sure this practice still happen in some parts of the world...)

i hope nobody takes my post in a wrong way.. 
Arpitachohan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I visited small village & there it happens  it's illegal bt it's reality of our interior village
  I m not  defending any series 
VenkiSwetha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am sorry to say but the whole family is dumb and fool. They only believe deep whatever whether it is right or wrong . and they dont believe rukmi. They have mind of this. So its total crap. Now rasal has also joined their league.
Oh god atleast it was worth watching the sister relationship which was going ahead not like other serial.First sister then sautan. Now this too is going in same way.

PS: Its not to hurt anyone. But only my views
blokes thumbnail
brainy child- good point. However, when we see it from an entirely different "foreign" point, it is hard to "explain"- even if we have someone like Ashu the Doc have a dialogue somewhere when he says how rukmi allowed for a second marriage or something then at least it is on Record that such a marriage is not permitted according to the Hindu Marriage act. 

blokes thumbnail
arpita- that is precisely the point! When will we get "educated"? Or do we want to maintain status quo and say that it is how things are and turn our heads the other way and keep going? Or there needs to be legal reform that acknowledges the 2nd wife, after all in ancient Hindu law it is permitted but not according to the Hindu MArriage Act of 1955.
blokes thumbnail
venki- indeed- it is exasperating to see such a dysfunctional family. I am so done with this serial. 
Arpitachohan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: blokes

arpita- that is precisely the point! When will we get "educated"? Or do we want to maintain status quo and say that it is how things are and turn our heads the other way and keep going? Or there needs to be legal reform that acknowledges the 2nd wife, after all in ancient Hindu law it is permitted but not according to the Hindu MArriage Act of 1955.

I really agree with u bt wat can we do they r illeterate people they dont know about law. even they can't write their names actualy we went there bec we can teach them atleast how to write there name
law to bahot dur ki bat hai unke liye. we accept or not bt that's the reality of our India.