nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
credit goes to Armu4eva.

Sushant: I am living my dream
Buzz up!

Kavita Awaasthi /Hill Road Media

Cool dude Sushant Singh Rajput is a charming, ambitious guy. The engineering dropout, dancer, assistant director, and now actor, is on the verge of fulfilling his dream to be a director. He will soon direct not one or two but three short films. Presenting the multi talented Sushant aka Manav of Pavitra Rishta. With a rocking show, a flying career, a beautiful girlfriend - what more could a man ask for?

Showing 1 of 8 imagesPrevious    Next

You are indeed versatile. After wowing everyone with dancing and acting abilities, now we hear you have a passion for direction as well and even assisted director Mohit Suri in Raaz 2. 
Though I would have liked but I didn't assist him all through the film but mainly worked for the pre-production and a bit after that. I got Balaji's acting offer for Pavitra Rishta, so I opted out. I love the craft of film making and I am directing three movies.

Three movies… tell us more?
They are three short films for national and international film festivals. I will direct all three but act in the last two only. The first one will be shot in a month and is called Ignored Decibel. This 20 minute film is based on schizophrenia. The second one is written by my friend from NSD and is a dark, abstract love story with poetic sentiment called Subway. And the third is a story based on a Stephen King novel.

You had plans to go to the US to pursue a film-making course as well. 
Yes I do want to do that but it won't happen soon- maybe next year. I plan to go to the US for a film-making course at UCLA and at the New York Film Academy. I even got a call from the NYFA last year but I couldn't leave Pavitra Rishta. Yes I do want to do that but it won't happen soon- maybe next year.

Have you received three film offers from big production houses?   
I have got offers but I haven't decided on anything so no comments on them for now.

Doing a dance show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa and a daily soap must have been tough. Did you enjoy the hectic schedule? Did you get any time for yourself?
I was an engineering student. I have done plays and now tv serials. I can't complain as I am living my dream. Even if I work 22 hours a day, I am happy. I enjoy my work and take pleasure in it.

What is dance for you? 
It is my passion, in my blood and my love. I can do anything for dance and any and every form of dance inspires, excites and lifts my spirit.

What is the best compliment you got for your dancing in Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa?
There were two of them. Shamiak [Davar] told me – no matter what the final result is, you are a winner for me and Madhuriji [Dixit] said- is there anything you can't do. I treasure these compliments. I enjoyed Jhalak totally.

Which one was your best performance?
I love my first dance performance as it was technically correct even if I scored low. The flamingo dance too was technically very good. The Chau dance, and performance on Madhuri's Ore piya are closest to my heart.

Who would you give the credit of Pavitra Rishta's success?
The simple story, the relatable characters, great actors – all combined make Pavitra Rishta work.

What are similarities between Sushant and Manav? 
None. I am not like Manav at all. I am opposite of Manav. Infact playing Manav is affecting me in a way that now I have started thinking and behaving like him in real life.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Sushant-I-am-living-my-dream&aid=2688

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
thnks for sharing..nice article