Acting is this TV artist's first love- Tarun Mehta

Mandeep15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Acting is this TV artist's first love
Naveen Kalia, TNN | Jan 31, 2011, 11.25pm IST

LUDHIANA: Though he comes from a business background, he wanted to be an actor since his childhood. Tarun Mehta, a city lad who plays the character of Swaran Parkash in the serial 'Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli', was in the city on Monday and he shared with TOI the story of his foray into television serials.

Hailing from Kichlu Nagar locality in the city, Tarun has done MBA in international studies from Symbiosis University.

After completion of his studies, he joined an advertisement agency in
Bangalore, but did not gain job satisfaction there. Tarun said though physically he was working with the advertisement agency, mentally he remained associated with acting. While shooting advertisement he used to travel to Mumbai, where the shooting ambience fascinated him.

He said once when he went to
Mumbai for an advertisement shoot with a production house, he expressed his desire to become an actor to director of the production house. Tarun said the year 2003 marked a turning point in his career as he left his advertisement job and started working as a production manager in the production house.

Tarun said he entered the film industry as a production manager and later worked on films like 'Tere Naam' and 'Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha'. He said apart from working as a production manager, he had done cameos in serials including 'CID', 'Rabba Ishq Na Hove', 'Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki' along with others. He also worked in a movie 'Lonawala-Khandala Ghat' directed by Wilson Louis. Though it was not released, it was screened in many film festivals. "In the year 2007, I got the lead role in Inayat Sheikh's serial 'Koi To Hoga Apna', which was telecast on Doordarshan, it was a big achievement for me," he said. Tarun said he also acted in an episode of 'Munshi Prem Chand Ki Tehrir', which was based on the novel of Munshi Prem Chand and was a Gulzar production.

A student of Sacred Heart Convent School and Satish Chander Dhawan Government College, Tarun said during his college days he participated in many co-curricular activities and his efforts were well appreciated by audiences.
He also did anchoring for an entertainment channel and acted in many advertisements, prominent among which are those for Yamaha, Kinley and Head and Shoulders.

Tarun said he belongs to a business family and his father runs electronic accessories business. "My family always stands by me and extends full support," he said, adding that his parents have been appreciating his acting skills and were proud of his achievements. He said at present he was working on small screen, but his ultimate goal was to rule the silver screen.