sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Nandana Sen
Nandana Sen teams up with US-based rapper Terrance Quaites (TQ) and Sonu Sood in a crossover film titled Rocking Meera directed by Param Gill. To be extensively shot in Bikaner (Rajasthan) and San Francisco (California) the film is scheduled to hit the floors in March. The cast also includes Debra Wilson (MAD TV) in the role of an over-possessive and adventurous mother.

Talking about the diverse cast, the director says, "The story demanded diverse characters like an African-American rapper (TQ), Rajasthani prince (Sonu Sood) and dusky beauty (Nandana Sen) as the film moves to and fro between Bikaner and San Francisco."

Nandana becomes Meera

The plot revolves around an upcoming hip-hop band from San Francisco and their journey to rural India. Rock (TQ) and lead vocalist Meera (Nandana) are the essential elements in this boy-meets-gal love story.

Complications arise on the evening of their graduation night when Meera is brought back to the native district in Rajasthan to get married to Prince (Sonu) who hails from a royal family. 

Then Rock lands up in India along with other band members in an attempt to trace ladylove, Meera. They clash with a feisty Prince for the prized catch: Meera, who's a romantic but traditional at heart.

The comic adventure unfolds when the characters find themselves in the jaws of a raging tiger, raining bullets and a battle of wits. Says the director, "Put simply, it is easy to achieve success in familiar circumstances than striving for something extremely difficult in an unfamiliar environment. This idea forms the backbone of my story."

When quizzed about drawing inspirations from Holly flicks, he says, "A cross-genre film, it is a racy action adventure flick with a key romantic premise in the line of films like Romancing The Stone."

New genre for Sen

Of late, Nandana Sen has been grabbing films dealing in a love triangle. The actor recently shot for Ashwin Kumar's (Little Terrorist) The Forest in the Jim Corbett National Park.

She plays the love interest of Javed Jaffrey and Ankur Vikal. She says, "It's a delightful romantic comedy; and since I've not worked in this genre much, I intend to discover the possibilities through this film. I play this spicy, impulsive and extremely romantic character.

What excites me more is the fact that the music is going to be phenomenal as William Storkson of Lost In Translation and Adaptation fame is composing it."

Sonu becomes royalty

The director decided to cast Sonu Sood while watching Mani Ratnam's Yuva. He says a tall and brawny Sood represents the perfect North Indian. Adds Sonu Sood, "It's my first English film and I play this smart and well-groomed guy who hails from a royal family. It's a little weird, as I'll be sporting suits and bandhgalas all the time. Watch out for the twist in my character."