FF~:Human After All:~ Imp note Pg 150:)

simikr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Guys,
Guess the story bug has bitten me again, though I don't know where it'll lead me..but hey I thought that I should give it a go!😊 Sorry no character sketches here, I'm hoping to do that as I go along😊

Human After All..

Prologue

Why did it always have to happen this way! Why did she have to always be last in line for the loo!!? Why did they discriminate between economy and other classes? Did they think that we have better bladder control?

No ma'am you can't come in here, this is Business Class!

Khanak couldn't control the urge any more and had started hopping from one leg to the other.

You don't have to tell me that, I know it very well that this is Business Class and that's the reason I'm here! Please can I use the rest room here? Back there, its a zoo!

No ma'am, you have to wait. Those are the rules!!

Who are you to tell me the rules?? When nature calls..you have to obey or there will be accidents! If you don't let me in here, I may have an accident and you'd be held responsible, not me!!

The German stewardess was clearly flustered and decided to give in and let Khanak use the rest room, after all it was empty with only a few passengers seated there. Khanak nodded her thanks and breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that her ruse had worked, or else...she'd very well have been embarassed.

Oh! They have just announced that we'll be landing in 40 minutes! I better finish these pooris. Though they are more like cardboard in consistency but we shouldn't waste anything, should we son? After all they charge us an arm and a leg for each seat!

Shaan nodded relieved that he had to tolerate Mr Gupta's company for less than an hour longer! He had found the New York to Germany segment reasonably amusing with no one in the adjacent seat and a very beautiful blonde stewardess at his beck and call. The only sore point had been that his favorite magazine The Economist had decided to dedicate its latest issue to women! Women in business, politics and other professions! He hadn't found a single article which matched his POV, that is women were a weaker sex and good for only a couple of things!Hmmmph! What was the world coming to?..

Then plump Mr.Gupta had joined him in Frankfurt and had been so delighted to discover that he was Indian too, that he decided to enlighten him with his lifestory in not so few words. Despite Shaan's best efforts to show his disinterest, Mr.Gupta refused to be dissuaded until he fell asleep but then his snoring which was akin to a steam engine passing through a tunnel, kept everybody else awake.

Shaan wondered how could somebody talk and eat at the same time, and turned up the volume on his headphones, they were playing Beethoven's 9th, one of his favorite symphonies. As he began to lose himself in the final crescendo, he felt a rough shove on his shoulder. Knocked out of his reverie, he looked up angrily to see Mr Gupta clutching at his thick throat, indicating that he was choking.

Serve him right!

was Shaan's first reaction, but when he saw the poor man eyes start to bulge he panicked and hit the call button. The beautiful blonde rushed to their seats but when she saw Mr.Gupta she called for assistance. A big burly steward shook poor Mr Gupta by the shoulder and asked something unintelligible in German. The poor man had no clue as to what it was and panicked. He started making gurgling sounds and clawing at his throat.

He needs a doctor! Now!

Shaan shouted, as he watched with fascination Mr Gupta's face turn a bluish hue and beads sweat pour down his face.

MOVE OUT OF THE WAY! I'm A DOCTOR!

shouted a very authoritative female voice and a petite slim dark haired Indian girl pushed her way through. She had said The Magic Words and the burly German who dwarfed her, willingly stood aside.

Are you choking?

she asked, and when Mr Gupta nodded, she made him get up and positioned herself behind him. Shaan didn't know how she did it, but she encircled her arms around Mr Gupta's lower chest and gave made an inward thrusting motion with her fist. She repeated this three times before a large piece of brown stuff flew out of his mouth and he started coughing loudly, the color rapidly returning to his face.

Everyone smiled and breathed a collective sigh of relief as Mr Gupta indicated that he was fine. They all pumped the girl's hands and thanked her enthusiastically.

Dhanyawad beta, tumne aaj meri jaan bachayi! I don't know with what words to show my gratitude!!

Its alright sir! I was just doing my duty, that's all! I'm happy that I was around and I could be of help.

Help??! That's an understatement! That was a miracle!

Shaan chipped in, he was still staring at her in wonder.

She turned to look at him, noticing him for the first time. Shaan was surprised to see that she wasn't much older thanin the mid to late twenties, and had very beautiful large black eyes but now they were directed at him filled with scorn, Mister! If You wish to call it a miracle, you can, But its all in a Day's work for doctors like me!

Mr Gupta chimed in, Beta! At least tell me your name and address, so that I can send you a thankyou gift..

Dr. Khanak Agarwal, and Sir, your thanks is more than enough, there is no need for formalities!

She walked away with her head held high without giving Shaan a second glance. Women didn't do that when it came to Shantanu Khandelwal..he was intrigued.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 1: Pg 5
Part 2: pg9
Part3:pg14
Title track VM: pg18 by Sonali
Part 4: pg 20
Part 5: Pg 25
Part6: Pg 32
VM trailer: Pg 36 by Sonali
Part7: Pg 39
Part8A: Pg 44
Part8B: pg48
Part9: pg52
Part10:pg 56
Part 11: pg 59
Part 12 A: pg 63
Part 12B: pg 66
VM trailer#3 by Sonali: pg 69
Hooked PtA:pg 72
Hooked PtB:pg 75

From Megha with love:Pg 84

Aise Na Mujhe Tum Dekho VM trailer: Pg 89 by Sonali

Part 14: Pg 92
Part 15: Pg 98
Part 16A: Pg 103
Part16B: Pg 106
Part 17A: Pg 110

Poem Love is: Pg113
Part 17B: Pg 118
Part 17C: 121

PArt 18: Pg 126
Part 19A: Pg 130.
Part 19B: Pg 135
Engagement song list: 140

Please click the like button and tell me what you think? Should I continue?😊

Edited by simiv - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMGeeeeee

LOVed it...loved it...loved it...loved it...

came by my desk with lunch to check out wasssup at cc,...but decided to open this first....

loved it loved it.....

and let me tell you why I loved it so...I once stopped a stewardess from allowing someone from the biz class to use the bathroom in the economy classs🀣...I did...I swear I did....until she  agreed to let economy use the bathroom in biz classπŸ˜†

you better continue....

loved shaan doing the 'deserves it' while listening to beethoven's 9th no less....

πŸ˜†
priya_cool_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Loved it simi !! Pls continue...
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
 Arre Simi this was just a fabulous start just loved how Khanak is a doctor and saved the day and impressed Shantanu in the process!
simikr thumbnail

Originally posted by: saaaz

OMGeeeeee

LOVed it...loved it...loved it...loved it...

came by my desk with lunch to check out wasssup at cc,...but decided to open this first....

loved it loved it.....

and let me tell you why I loved it so...I once stopped a stewardess from allowing someone from the biz class to use the bathroom in the economy classs🀣...I did...I swear I did....until she  agreed to let economy use the bathroom in biz classπŸ˜†

you better continue....

loved shaan doing the 'deserves it' while listening to beethoven's 9th no less....

πŸ˜†

😊OMG!!! Thank you darling!! Muuuaaah!! The world's a small place after all!!:)
simikr thumbnail
Thanks Priya, Sonali for the prompt comments!!:)
sweetsute thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
dats simply great!!!!!!

loved it...

smart n educated khanak----Dr.Khanak Agarwal.....sounds so nice..

looking forward to the story...

trust u for bringing out the best
-Deepali- thumbnail
great update simi..seem very intersting and niceπŸ˜†
pl do continue
kubare thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Simi darling loved itπŸ‘πŸ‘β­οΈβ­οΈ and do you even have to ask...to continue...Please do dear....loved your chavanistic pig Shaan and loved loved loved Khanak...the strong minded woman....
πŸ˜ƒ
And loved the whole senario....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@Saaz girl...great going dear.....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
NinjaInPyjamas thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I like! I like!

This is nice and refreshing! I always had a thing for doctors :D
Continue!