03/04/2011: A tale of two WEDDINGS!!!

Poll

Who is responsible for Anjali's bitterness?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Precap: Dadaji asks Anjali to consider that if Neeraj doesn't love her, what good is this marriage?  Mrs Virani dares him to tell Anjali that she'll be jilted @ the alter.  Everybody is nervous

GB proposes Anmol for Anjali

GB perks up and tells them that she has a suggestion, which would keep their honor intact, and fulfil bapuji's wish.  Bapuji wants Neeraj to marry Sandhya, while the Viranis want Anjali to be the bahu of this house.  She tells them that even if Neeraj doesn't marry Anjali, she can still be the bahu of this house.

Mr Virani snaps @ her that this is a poor time for such jokes (I love him snapping @ her πŸ˜†) GB tells him that she's thinking about the alternatives.  Like Neeraj, Anmol too is the son of this family.  So if Anjali marries Anmol?  (Congratulations to all of you who saw the obvious πŸ‘πŸ˜†)

Everybody is shocked @ that suggestion, including Anmol & Anjali.  Purvi asks GB if she's gone mad πŸ‘ (Purvi, good job, but you might want to direct that question to your parents) GB repeats that Anmol has the same status as Neeraj in this family, and the objective is of making Anjali the bahu of this family.  Sarita too objects, but GB tells her aside that since their objective was to make 2 of their sons the damaats of the Viranis, what difference does it make whether it's Neeraj or Anmol?  GB then speaks up and tells them all that this is in the best interests of both families. (GB, how about asking Anmol whether he's willing?)

Purvi objects to Anmol

Purvi tells them that even if her parents approve this, she won't πŸ‘ (Purvi, why approve Anjali's marriage to Neeraj either - your original instincts of keeping Anjali out of this family was the right call) She points out that Anjali is well educated, while Anmol is a class X drop-out! (poor Anmol is embarrassed ☺️)

Dadaji agrees w/ GB 😲 and tells Purvi that this is a solution, and asks her whether she wants Anjali to return unmarried (wrong answer, Dadaji!  How about asking Anmol and Anjali if they're willing?)  He tells her that regardless of how Anmol is, he's good @ heart and will keep Anjali happy.

GB seizes the moment, and says that once they're married, Anmol can handle the business of his FIL.  She suggests that they stop discussing anything, and just proceed to the mandap.

Purvi puts her foot down and says that she refuses to let Anjali marry Anmol.  GB suggests that she ask her parents, but Purvi tells her that it makes no difference.  However, Anjali perks up angrily and tells them that she agrees to this marriage!!!  Everybody looks @ her shocked, but GB is elated!

Dadaji turns to Anjali surprised, and Mrs Virani too asks Anjali, but Anjali tells her that it's her life, so let her take the decision.  (How about Anmol?)   She tells them that Dadaji is right, and that Anmol is a nice guy, and will keep her happy.  (But Anjali, will you keep him happy?)  She will marry Anmol in this mandap, today itself, right now!!!  She also tells her parents that they'd be humiliated if she didn't get married today πŸ₯±

Anmol agrees to marry Anjali

Anjali however asks them to clarify from Anmol whether he loves anyone else or not?  Dadaji turns to Anmol and asks him whether he agrees to this marriage? (Thank god, I thought Anmol would simply be ordered!!! 😲) Anmol hesitates, and Dadaji asks him again.  Anmol tells him that if this marriage would be for the good of his family, he has no objections to it.  (I wish Anmol had said that he was happy w/ this provided Anjali loved him, rather than Neeraj)  He tells them that if that's what they want, he's willing to marry Anjali.

Mr Virani then asks Anjali whether she wants to marry Anmol.  Anjali agrees, and tells him that right now, Anmol is who she wants to marry.  Mr Virani then tells Dadaji that if their kids have no issues, he's agreeable to the marriage.

GB is thrilled, and tells them that alls well that ends well. πŸ˜•  She distributes sweets to all of them, which they all have, except Purvi.  Aside, Anjali swears to herself that she's agreed to this marriage not b'cos of her parents honor, but to enable her to wreck vengence on this family, which has cheated her.  They've played w/ her emotions, so she'll make them pay, and vows a Kurukshetra in this family.  (Okay, so Anjali is the new Sarla?  Or maybe she's to the Pradhans what Sandhya was to the Jagirdars?)

Purvi's misgivings about this marriage!

Downstairs, at the alter, Neeraj & Sandhya are seated on one side, and Anmol & Anjali on the other.  GB congratulates Sarita, telling her that all fingers are in the ghee, and the head in the kardhai.  Sarita is worried about Purvi, who's not remotely happy w/ this marriage.  GB tells her that her misgivings are justified - which sister would want her sister to be married to a guy like Anmol (this comment was priceless - I was surprised that Sarita wasn't pissed @ Purvi for insulting her own son) GB clarifies that Anmol is nice, but like Hashmukh, he just obeys his older brother.  Sarita is relieved.

GB then goes to Purvi and tells her that it's good that this stayed behind closed doors.  She tries to assuage Purvi, but Purvi tells her that she wanted a hubby for her sister, not a joker.  She tells GB that Anjali only agreed to this for the sake of her parents, and she'd never be happy w/ Anmol.  She could see her dreams shatter, and that bapuji had no right to force her into this.  GB agrees w/ her that nobody opposes bapuji, but the one responsible for this is Sandhya.  She wonders what Sandhya has done to bapuji that he's made her the bahu?  However, she won't let her stay in peace, since she runs the politics in this place.

The 7 pheras, & the vows

The marriage ceremonies are going on of both the couples.  The pundit invites the bride's parents to do the kanyadan, and the Viranis step forward.  Dadaji & Baa do it for Sandya (this I didn't like πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ - they could have invited Jayesh & Savita, or Adi & Sakshi to fill in that role) The pundit tells them to take the 7 pheras, and w/ it, 7 vows.

Sandhya takes the proper vows of standing w/ Neeraj @ every step of the way❀️, while Anjali takes a vow of wrecking Anmol's family      Sandhya vows to take all the troubles of Neeraj upon herself, while Anjali vows to ensure that Anmol's life has nothing but troubles.  Sandhya vows to fulfill this marriage in mind, deeds & vows, while Anjali vows to avenge her humiliation w/ every breath.  Sandhya vows that all of Neeraj's happiness and sadness will be hers, while Anjali vows that for this family, every pain will be her joy, and every joy of hers will be their shock.

The brides then take the front, and Sandhya vows that as long as she's alive, she won't cheat him, while Anjali vows that as long as she lives, she'll avenge being cheated.  Sandhya vows to honor all her husband's relationships, while Anjali vows to avenge her dishonor.  Sandhya vows that from today, she's a part of him, and has half the authority to all his things.  Anjali vows that until she has full control of Neeraj, she will not rest in peace. 

Nuptuals complete

The pheras are over, and they all sit.  The sindur daan takes place, and Anmol applies it on Anjali, and Neeraj on Sandhya.  The mangal-sutras are also donned, and Sandhya now has a new mangal-sutra that's no longer Yuvraj's πŸ‘  The pundit announces the nuptuals complete, and them husbands & wives. β€οΈπŸ’”

Mrs Anmol says to herself that this donkey can't be her hubby - all he's good for is slaving away, and from today, he'll be the vehicle for her revenge. 🀒

Comments

Elephant in the room alert - I was majorly disappointed @ this major event - Neerdhya's marriage - being a sideshow to the drama around it.  Instead of being a big ticket item for the serial, it seemed really peripheral.  Also, unlike Yuvraj's marriage, none of Sandhya's family were there.  One would have expected not only her sisters, but also Jayesh, Adi, Mohan and the 4 kids to be there. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ  Are Sandhya's sisters out of the show?  Today was a day all 4 families should have been there.  As it is, Dadaji told them that he's taking Sandhya away as a bahu, so they should have come w/ him & been there @ the wedding!

GB may be conniving, but congratulations to her for finding a way out.  More than her, I blame the Viranis for making Anjali's marriage a prestige issue.  I understand the embarrassment that comes from going back w/ her unmarried, but the fortuitious thing here is that they're from another city, where this can be better concealed.  Besides, in this day & age, particularly w/ an affluent family such as theirs who can get a rich groom from any family in Gujrat (maybe the Bandini crowd πŸ˜†), why are they so headstrong in marrying Anjali to a family that will be dependent on her for their inheritance?  Anyway, if they want to screw up their daughter's life, who's to stop them?

End result - while Neerdhya had a blissful wedding, unbeknownst to Anmol, he's being cheated.  I hope he finds out quickly enough what his bride's intentions are, and reads her the riot act.  And I hope Dadaji finds out about GB's real games and reads her the riot act as well.

My prediction: in the Jagirdar house, Sandhya was a quasi-doormat and acquiesced in all the injustice done to her, but the turning point was when she found out that they had killed her father, and then she declared war on them, and decided to avenge her humiliation as well.  I'm predicting that the same will happen here - Sandhya will put up w/ the barbs of Anjali, Urmi, GB and Sarita, but once she finds out that they're back-biting Dadaji as well, she'll go back into her Vrinda mode and make their lives hell, until they either clean up their act, or end up in jail or worse.

Episode rating:
πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

πŸ‘πŸΌ: Sandhya actually getting married to Neeraj, her vows

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ: Anjali & GB getting the opening to wreck havoc in Neerdhya's life, Anjali's vows, the absense of Sandhya's family

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

notinuse thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
u forgot about reena,IT all started coz of her. lolπŸ˜† Edited by moheema - 13 years ago
Subaru537 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update.
Vr15h thumbnail
yep, I forgot Reena 😳  But she was the most innocent of the lot, and tried to clarify it w/ Anjali's mom.  Maybe she should have explained it to Anjali herself.

Incidentally, you can select multiple choices in this poll, since >1 person could easily have been responsible.  Forgot to mention that above.
p0lkad0t thumbnail
Ermm don't think I'm going to watch this one. Don't like Anjali's vows either, especially the one about getting control of Neeraj, what the hell. She's taking it all a step too far and is going to retaliate in a way that is totally out of proportion to what has happened, even though what has happened it bad enough as it is. Glad Sandhya and Neeraj are now married but not happy about the problems that will inevitably follow.
p0lkad0t thumbnail
Also, I hope your prediction is correct!! I want her to enter her Vrinda mode :\ 
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thansk Vrish.. Finally Neerdhya united.. they are now hubby-wife πŸ₯³β€οΈ
You forgot to sticky the thread😊
Vr15h thumbnail
No, I deliberately didn't, since I'll be gone for 5 days, and there'll be nobody to unglue it.  So I decided to let the next 3 updates go unglued, and I'll organize it when I'm back.
shwetha85 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the lovely update Vrish...Yes I agree that Neerdhya's wedding was the most awaited and it was handled very badly meaning no family members of Sandhya and the biggest one being that her Kanyadaan was done by dadaji and baa!!!😲 I thought it was done in hurray barry because of which the charm of it was not seen..πŸ€ͺ.I would vote for GB in the above poll though it was Reena's fault but GB gave that spark by letting the letter to go on everyone's hand and came across everyone's eyes and there we go--misinterpretations and misunderstanding...πŸ˜‘πŸ‘ŽπŸΌShe thinks she is damn smart but she is a big dumboo and cruel minded at the end of the day...Now again she along with Purvi are going to create a mess for Sandhya...Poor she tries to be happy and finds in the middle of a landmine all the time!!!😭
spatty123 thumbnail

I can see this track going like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki where the vamp(pallavi) was supposed to be marrying the elder brother but he dint appear for his wedding so she ended up marrying the younger not-so-smart brother and then made the life of the entire family hell. I want this to be different not the same predictable story again.πŸ˜”