Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
heheheh ... even I got to know of this quite recently 😛

Sattam ... 😆 ... I know ... they have jumbled with names ... like "christabell'i'"
Reshh16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks 4 opening this thread Bhavana

Sivaji SIR really needs a thread...gud job.

SIR S R AN AWESOME ACTOR,SO KEEP OPENING THREADS 4 HIM ALSO
Edited by reshmaramesh - 12 years ago
Bhavanab thumbnail
Here's the article on Shivaji Satam that was given in today's Delhi times !!!

Click on Delhitimes option in the left hand side column and go to Page 26 and simple click on the article to read it 😃

it's the same page i.e. 26 in the lite version as well 😊

If many are unable to read ... I'll share the pics of the srticle 😊
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Here it is...😊

CID will run till God's watching

Actor Shivaji Satam will never like to be a part of saas-bahu daily soaps because he believes these shows are not real

Kashika Saxena

There is one show on Indian television, which has not just survived the era of the saas-bahu soaps and reality shows, but also managed to hold on to its loyal viewers. Relentlessly on air for the last 14 years, "CID" remains one of the most-watched TV shows today, despite its recent spate of anticlimactic and hackneyed plots.
   And leading the cast of the show is actor Shivaji Satam, who has been a part of it since its inception. The actor plays ACP Pradyuman on the show, famous for his one-liners that have become the subject of many jokes on the internet. But doesn't he get bored of playing the same character for so many years? He says, "This is one question I'm often asked, and my answer is, 'What answer do you expect from Sachin Tendulkar if you ask him don't you get bored of batting, batting, batting, and scoring runs?' It's like that."
   So has Satam become like his character which he's been playing continuously? "No decent actor would ever take his character home. It could cause havoc in your day-to-day life. Jab makeup utaaro toh uske characteristics bhi band karke drawer mein rakh dene chahiye," he says. When asked about the reason behind the show's success, Satam attributes it to the cast. He says, "Content is a major part of it, but then some characters have been etched in the minds of the audience, right from children to elders. So much has gone into making these characters credible, and at the same time,a little larger than life. Children, especially, tend to worship the characters."
   Over the last 14 years, he has lost a lot of hair, and in between, has even had grey hair on the show, but in his own words, he has looked "more or less the same". So how does he manage to do that? "I lead a normal life. No late nights for me, I go home after work. I love home-cooked food and bring it on the sets. Some light exercise in the morning and contentment is the best way to stay healthy," he says.
   Apart from TV, Satam has also been doing movies and theatre. Even though "Vaastav" was his last Bollywood release, he has been doing Marathi films meanwhile. About Hindi films, he says, "Kuch achcha nahi aayega toh kyun karoon?" And as far as television is concerned, he says he'll never be a part of a saas-bahu daily soap. "It's so unnatural. Saas-bahu serial is a classic example. Aise thodi hota hai ek ghar mein, saas bhi jawaharat pehen ke so jaati hai, bahu bhi. Everything is false," he explains. Reality shows are also a strict no-no for him.
   For how long will "CID" run? "Until God stops watching it. God sleeps late on Fridays and Saturdays (because that's when the show airs on TV)," he laughs.

ArRoGaNT-CHINTs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Bhavna it is 2 good that you have opened this thread..
I am eagerly waiting for getting more info about Shivaji satam..
And i got much more info about him..
Thanks a lot..
And great job...
Daydreaming thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shivaji satam has done really gr8 job in uttarayan.. It wz a different movie..loved his acting nd also d atmosphere of the movie...
subha. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
⭐️Satam sir in an advertisement:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR4l6WfBbWE[/YOUTUBE]

gadhadada thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: subha.

⭐️Satam sir in an advertisement:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR4l6WfBbWE[/YOUTUBE]

THANX YAAR... wat aan NATURAL performance⭐️⭐️⭐️... even i think i saw it in front... but why they did not use his VOICE...😡
subha. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gadhadada

... but why they did not use his VOICE...

@GD--But it seems to be Satam sir's voice😕
Bhavanab thumbnail
It is Satam Sir's voice ... the quality of voices changes with shows,ads and films ... but it is Satam sir I'm 110% sure !!