nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Moment Freezed

He read her right, her eyes, her face, every said & unsaid word, everything she inked & left for him to fill in.

He read them right is all Maan could feel when the anonymous caller dropped his call mentioning two names in one breath that to Maan can never share the frame ever  - Geet &  Dev.

The caller confidently inviting his anger did that & it left him thinking more deeply than he has already been doing since he has last seen Dev.

Nay, since he has felt being followed by someone all the way from Delhi to Shimla, only to meet Dev there. And now Dev is staying under his roof! the thought itself has him thinking hard joining dots to dots.

Yes he read her eyes right, they spoke of understanding, love, pain & fear.

Fear!

With him there what has she to fear off  he wondered.

Geet's life has been a open book to him, every page read & visited through every wounds he has felt pain of that are inflicted on her soul.

Then why is there a lingering feeling of mystery, of something hidden from him that has him thinking that in anyother circumstances could be sin to his heart.
But not now.

Not now with Dev in their house & Geet silent about it all.

Her silence somewhere pleading him to hear what she cannot voice into words.

Fear! Yes. But why?

He decides to talk to her but the thought freezes him thinking of the pain it might cause her to hear him question her.

Questions that he himself cannot comprehend but knows are hanging in between them as piercing daggers waiting to hurt them once they are disturbed.

The thought of causing her any kind of pain makes him angry at self & the caller who pushed him to this point.

In midst his thoughts he is disturbed with an envelope waiting for him.
On opening it he is shocked for a moment, its a picture of Geet.

First thing that his sharp mind notices is the background, the hospital where he was fighting for his life with only Geet by his side.

Holding the snap in his hand serious now about the whole thing that is unveiling itself to him as some thick mystery he notices Geet not being alone in the picture and can but only see the back of the man's head who is talking to Geet.

Who is this ? he frowns at it.

Sitting infront of the mirror caring less about her reflection there but more on the frame that beholds her Maan's face she assures herself that she wont let anything come between Maan & her.
 Yes she wont fear anymore about what this truth will result to but only surrender to Maan.

He may be angry hearing it, will hate himself & many be her too for bringing it on him but he deserves the truth.

And only from her.

With the creeping feeling of unawareness haunting him in the form of this moment freezed & sent to him on purpose he waits for the man to call, & call he receives  soon & an invitation to meet face to face.

An invitation that Maan readily accepts looking at the picture, at Geet & for Geet.

'Its You who comes first to me then everthing else, even myself' - it was voiced only once but is the way of life forever to him.

As swiftly as he had accepted the invitation & reached for his car, with a swiftness does his breath get caught at the thought of not having talked to Geet first about all this.

He tries to reach to her, she owes it to him as he to her, truth & trust.
But he does not trust Dev & its Geet's safety, their Baby's safety in question with Dev so close to them now.

Thought of her wellbeing makes his resolve strong,
 at the same moment she too was but receiving strength from him, holding his picture to her heart.

The serene moment of peace engulfing her now is disturbed by the sudden news of Dev leaving the house.
 She does not want to deal with anything to do with Dev.

But she has to go for Dadi's sake alone who pleads to her to stop Dev till she reaches home.

Unaware of her dilemma now Maan fails to reach her.

Unlike what the caller had hinted & must have expected from a husband, but this is Maan Singh Khurana to him its not Geet's pic but the mention of Dev that decides for him what he has to do.

He trusts his Geet but not Dev.

He knows he cannot wait anymore, it already seems so late.

He has to know why Dev is back & why is the shadow of fear looming on Geet's face.

He accepts deep within now that he had earlier not allowed to cross his mind, Geet is keeping something from him & its what making her sad & he has to know the truth that has her so disturbed.

Reaching the venue he meets the man who introduces himself as someone from Dev's past to whom Dev owes a big sum of money that can now cost him his life.
Maan does not flinch or care.

Rather answers him bluntly Dev is nothing to him but Geet is & he wants to know why is his wife's name being involved in anything to do with Dev.

The stranger in bargain of the said amount offers him the answer.
  Answer in form of another picture that has him shocked -
Dev & Geet in a same frame.

His mind shuts itself down unable to decipher what his eyes show him & his heart blocks itself only to hear from his Geet  the truth, her fear.

All his senses freeze as the blood in his veins rush in urgency to reach Geet.

His mind weary from thinking, reflecting & not feeling anything but her silence & fear at the back of his mind he is welcomed to a almost similar sight  that he holds in his hand engraved on the glossy paper.

Ironically its almost similar & he knows not of.

Like the moment captured back there in Shimla here too she has come to stop Dev, then it was to thank him for saving Maan & now for Dadi Maa's sake.

Devoid of any emotion she was staring at Dev whose eyes  refused to meet hers in guilt, suddenly she notices them widen in horror.

Maan.

Its him she knew even before turning back and confirming it.

She knew its him.

The air around them now thick & unbreathable with the effect of the controlled tension coiling itself within him makes her heart stop its beat. 

She turns & life evades her being as she meets the gaze of an eclipsed morning sun.
Dark & silent as death and alive as the scorching flame that has been burning the sinners in the pits of hell from eternity.

His eyes.

She knows she has lost her moment of truth when the only movement she sees in his dead still frame is when from his hard grip the picture drops on the ground.

She knows she lost her chance.

Pulled by the tug of pain screeching in his heart  she closes the distance with fear of having broken his trust, angry at her own fate & hurt by the wound that her silence has itched in his mind.

Her eyes washed with tears of his grief look upto him to let him read her soul & sooth himself .

But she finds his eyes blank & heavy.

"The questions were so clear and the answers were with me
I just couldn't speak when I saw how your eyes stared at me"

Refusing to let her read his eyes he walks away leaving her frozen in the moment with loneliness filled with questions.

Questions that till now where his alone to suffer.

Love
Nandita
Edited by nanditasingh - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

76manesha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
πŸ‘  πŸ‘ Wow you are just fantastic Nandita , the way you  think , the way you write , wow . Your posts are always interesting . Please keep up the good work .
Edited by manesha76 - 13 years ago
bobby13rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome post Nandita...      As I've already said earlier that u can understand Maaneet's instincts so aptly much more than the cv's I believe.....that's why u can pen them down so flabbergastingly.......hatzzzzzz off to u dear.........u rock when it comes to MAANEET.........   Edited by bobby13rocks - 13 years ago
sumona28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nandita awesome . You described this very well . I love it .
craziekudi thumbnail
awesome nandu...

the maan singh khurana was too indimidating in yesterday's epsiode...

the fight beweeen his mind and his heart!!!!

he knows everything about geet... but why does he feel geet is hiding something and it is realted to dev....

he maynot doubt her but he is hurt.. taht geet couldnt tell him and also hide from him!!!!...
nanditasingh thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumona_mona28

Nandita awesome . You described this very well . I love it .

thanks a ton Mona ...yesterday i could not update was caught up with my dear old books & the article still is haunting me & now the precap..missed you guys
nanditasingh thumbnail

Originally posted by: maneet1985

awesome nandu...

the maan singh khurana was too indimidating in yesterday's epsiode...

the fight beweeen his mind and his heart!!!!

he knows everything about geet... but why does he feel geet is hiding something and it is realted to dev....

he maynot doubt her but he is hurt.. taht geet couldnt tell him and also hide from him!!!!...

thank you Deepz...

yes he was...his presence ..his eyes...it was breathtaking
i agree its not about doubt its about trust, not trust broken but trust put to test & he demands to know why

nanditasingh thumbnail

Originally posted by: manesha76

πŸ‘  πŸ‘ Wow you are just fantastic Nandita , the way you  think , the way you write , wow . Your posts are always interesting . Please keep up the good work .

thank you so much dear ...i'm truly glad to know you like my efforts...thanks a ton
Jadee777 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Bravo Nandita.⭐️ Love it. Especially this part-Maaneet were superb!!!!! You have captured the moment perfectly...

-His eyes.
She knows she has lost her moment of truth when the only movement she sees in his dead still frame is when from his hard grip the picture drops on the ground.
She knows she lost her chance.
Pulled by the tug of pain screeching in his heart  she closes the distance with fear of having broken his trust, angry at her own fate & hurt by the wound that her silence has itched in his mind.
Her eyes washed with tears of his grief look up to him to let him read her soul & sooth himself but she finds his eyes blank & heavy.

Edited by Jadee777 - 13 years ago
-sann- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
See i told u....u could do this.... bravoπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

What will be will be
He who brings forth my tears
Can He bear to forsake me
Entices me away from my path
It is He who knows where lies my road
He who renders me homeless
It is He who reaches out His hand