I love Dimple Kapadia's style: Shweta Gulati

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Gili Gili Gappa actress Shweta Gulati speaks about her style icons and shares fashion advice. She also reveals the secret behind her glowing complexion and fabulous long hair. Keep reading to know it all.

Is there any similarity between your dressing style in real life and your show Gili Gili Gappa?
No I don't wear the same outfit in different colours in real life (laughs). That is the style statement of my character in the show. In real life my dressing depends on the occasion. If it is a wedding or family function I only wear saris. Otherwise for daily wear I love my shorts.

Any hair care tips for fans?
I will advise you to eat healthy food, drink at least 4 liters of water every day and oil your hair at least twice a week. Also visit a hair spa once in 15 days. Besides that drink lots of coconut water as it is good for the hair.

How do you maintain your glowing complexion?
I am genetically blessed with good skin. However I follow the basic routine of washing my face atleast twice a day. In my case I can't drink too much water because it makes me feel pukish but people who can do it should consume at 4 liters per day. I feel that your kitchen has the best beauty care products and you should use it rather than cosmetics. I use almond oil, egg whites and other natural products on my skin regularly.

What are the 5 essential things you can't leave with?
I can't leave home without my car keys, phone, lip balm, hand and nail cream and my sanitizer.

Any important fashion and style tips for fans?
Create your own style rather than copying others. Do not wear anything that you are uncomfortable in, as it will show and have the attitude to carry off whatever you are wearing.

Fashion bloopers that should be avoided?
One of the worst fashion bloopers is wearing a tube dress with transparent bra straps showing. If it's stringy straps it looks hot but not transparent ones. Another blooper that makes me cringe is wearing short outfits with the tights showing, a lot of TV actresses do this. I have also seen an actress wearing everything blue and it looked horrible, not everything should be colour co-ordinated. There should be some contrasting colours to the look so one should learn to mix and match.

Whose style do you admire in real life?
I love Dimple Kapadia's style though she only wears salwar kameez I admire the way she carries herself. I also like Kareena Kapoor's style because other actresses tend to go over the top sometimes but her style is consistent.