Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankit_nyc thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Perceptions on Jai seemed to be formed based on FB. As far as I  know his public behavior has never been abrasive. I refuse to accept any personal assessment based on FB statuses.
- Their authenticity is unreliable
- Even if authentic they are not fully managed by the person
- There is greying of the lines between professional and personal interaction
- It does not reflect inflection and emotion

Celebrity social networking are meant to follow a celebrity as in fact updates, appearances, whats going on, not for interpersonal assessments. Forget celebrities, I'd be upset if people gauged me as a person based on FB updates and sporadic interactions.

But that is fine, social networking is a double edged sword and when someone chooses to be out there, they are fair game for such assessment.

Either way, no matter what this assessment is based on - both honesty and humility are equally important factors in being a good human. Some people choose to be humble, some people choose to be honest.

There is nothing wrong in being honest, there is nothing wrong in expressing undiluted opinions as long as it is respectful, sincere, and downright honest. To give an example Maks in DWTS is extremely outspoken - he does not hold back from arguing with judges, nor does he mince his words if he feels a contestant is undeserving. He accepted his elimination sportingly but very brazenly expressed that Bristol Palin did not deserve to get as far as she did. Some people hate Maks for him being so outspoken. However, a lot of people including the judges and fellow choregraphers do respect him because he is a great choreographer, knows his stuff and is brutally honest.

However, if you genuinely want the epitome of cocky, disrespectful and rude then look at Marcel in Top Chef. Marcel accepted his elimination gracefully and never called anyone undeserving etc. But it was clearly evident in how he treated people that he was full of himself and actually considered himself superior even if he did not say it in words.

Sometimes criticism and disagreeing is a form of honesty and respect, being dishonest and disrespectful can be done through saying nothing but undermining in other ways. I personally find saccharine coated humility to be over the top and disrespectful to honest assessment of talent.

Finally, I understand that perhaps to some people Jai Kumar Nair does actually appear to be a rude, disrespectful, full of himself, cocky person who is a terrible human being and a sore loser. None of that, absolutely none of that undermines talent and accomplishments. Credit has to be given when it is due, and Jai Kumar Nair has worked hard to be where he is,  he is immensely talented, he has accomplished things very few people can and more opportunities are going his way. Why should his accomplishments be undermined simply because he has other flaws or is disagreeable to some. Bottom line is merit and accomplishment.

Unless of course being a good human being, sportsmanship and other such virtues are supposed to be practiced on a pick and choose basis. Its purely arbitrary who should be commended and appreciated and who should not. You pick and choose who you like and praise their success, and undermine all others. After all being a good human being and sportsmanship teach us the tit for tat system. Sportsmanship means if you find someone to be a prick, thats good enough reason to be a prick back at them and undermine everything they do. After all good humans make sure we point out the bad humans and put them down all the time.

😛 First of all on what basis would Jai consider him to be the best in dance and choreography? He finished 4th in DID 1, it's not like he finished 2nd and the difference between him and the winner was razor thin..........He finished 4th.........Imagine someone who finished 4th in a contest in the olympics whining and putting down the three people who finished ahead of him by calling them names and putting down the judges who made them number 4...............If Jai is correct and everyone is biased against him in Zee then he has had close to 3 years to go and prove his immense talent to the world since then..........His talent hasn't exactly set Bollywood on fire......so don't understand where the cockiness and arrogance comes from? As from jai's behavior, it's not based on FB status only........His arrogance was on display to the world right after DID 1 finale.....he made his arrogant comments on cameras.........and as for him being honest......when DID lil masters was done he was pretty nice to the cameras but then he decided to demean and humiliat Jeetu for winning the contest........If Jai is so honest, why didn't he put his honest feelings forth to the cameras in DID lil masters..........why be double faced and say one thing on the cameras and then turn around and bash the kid when the camera is not on? Arrogance is best suited for people who have actually achieved something.....finishing 4th in DID 1 and finishing 2nd in DID lil masters as a choreographer hardly constitutes earth shattering achievements.........3 other people  finished ahead of him in DID 1, and I didn't see or hear of them acting arrogant......The winning choreographer in DID lil masters, I don't see him acting arrogant........it's pretty comical to see a 4th place finisher proclaiming to the world how he really is the best and all those who finished ahead of him are not as good as him..........😃 At some point, arrogant people have to back up their arrogance with concret achievements...........Still waiting for Jai to back up his arrogant comments with concrete achievements........😛 In a perfect analogy, imagine a side actor who was on camera for 2 minutes in the movie proclaiming to the world that he really is the best actor in the movie and the movie is only successful because of him and the other main actors of the movie don't know how to act.......my reaction to such comment would be 😆.
Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Ankit I and everyone here would choose a better human being...but thats not the point here...it was pointed out who is more successful and for what...if for you Jai is cocky then be it but that does not take away from him that he is a good dancer...I too disliked Salman in DID and thought he had an air about himself but I do have to agree that he is doing a phenomenonal job in JDJ and I love his choreography and my perception of him doesn't take an inch of what he is doing...Jai having a dance institute is appreciable and so it is for all the others who have achieved it on their own...why ridicule saying many have such institutes in NY NJ? even those who do have such studios should be appreciated cos they are following their dreams...only point I want to make here is not who is good and  who is evil...but all these ex participants of DID have made their mark and undermining their efforts doesn't reflect well...

Tongue ummmm so you think ridiculing Jai for his cocky behavior is wrong.....ummmm what are your thoughts when people ridicule Geeta Ma for her perceived behavior? Geeta has proved hereself way more then Jai has....she has had a full career in the industry, Jai still has to get his foot in the door let alone having had a career........If undermining Jai's efforts doesn't reflect well on people who are doing it then what does undermining Geeta's career and achievements reflect on people who are doing it?Tongue Or are we to only apply this standards to Terrence and his toli and bashing other mentors and their team members is fair game? Tongue
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I guess you cannot debate with the opinions, especially those of avengers. 🤔

SunBright thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I guess you cannot debate with the opinions, especially those of avengers. 🤔

Debate and opinion are but a slip between the cup and the lip for some.😊
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😛 ummmm so you think ridiculing Jai for his cocky behavior is wrong.....ummmm what are your thoughts when people ridicule Geeta Ma for her perceived behavior? Geeta has proved hereself way more then Jai has....she has had a full career in the industry, Jai still has to get his foot in the door let alone having had a career........If undermining Jai's efforts doesn't reflect well on people who are doing it then what does undermining Geeta's career and achievements reflect on people who are doing it?😛 Or are we to only apply this standards to Terrence and his toli and bashing other mentors and their team members is fair game? 😛

Jalebi banana koi aapse seekhein...since I quoted you I am talking about you and not Geeta Maas fans, and since you quoted me you gotta talk abt me not others...If I do take a hit on geeta Maa for her biasness I have also appreciated her Bolly efforts on DID, whereas you compeltely ignore the good qualities and take a plunge on the criticism side...abhi aap mere comment ki jalebi banao ya imarti, yeh aap pe hai Bhaiyya...
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Jalebi banana koi aapse seekhein...since I quoted you I am talking about you and not Geeta Maas fans, and since you quoted me you gotta talk abt me not others...If I do take a hit on geeta Maa for her biasness I have also appreciated her Bolly efforts on DID, whereas you compeltely ignore the good qualities and take a plunge on the criticism side...abhi aap mere comment ki jalebi banao ya imarti, yeh aap pe hai Bhaiyya...

Arey Behna I've always maintained and still maintain that all the mentors past and present are accomplished professionals who should be respected for their talents and their successes and achievements should not be belittled..............Geeta's success in Bollywood should not be dismissed just by saying "oh it's only because of Farah".......Just like Terrence's success should not be dismissed by saying "oh there are tons of dance festivals taking place the world over and being recognized by a particular one is not a big deal".. etc.........Furthermore every mentor has both positive and negative qualities, and every mentor is biased towards their own contestants in the show...........Having said that, show me a thread in the whole forum pointing out negative qualities of Terrence and positive qualities of Geeta ......😛 so you can see which fans are taking a plunge on the criticism side........😊 Waise jalebi I know well, jalebi and fafda are staple gujju  wait maybe even a typical mumbaikar breakfast on Sunday mornings in mumbai......but yeh imarti kya hota hein?
-Diya- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Love U sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much Jai.....
Cant wai888888888888
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

Arey Behna I've always maintained and still maintain that all the mentors past and present are accomplished professionals who should be respected for their talents and their successes and achievements should not be belittled..............Geeta's success in Bollywood should not be dismissed just by saying "oh it's only because of Farah".......Just like Terrence's success should not be dismissed by saying "oh there are tons of dance festivals taking place the world over and being recognized by a particular one is not a big deal".. etc.........Furthermore every mentor has both positive and negative qualities, and every mentor is biased towards their own contestants in the show...........Having said that, show me a thread in the whole forum pointing out negative qualities of Terrence and positive qualities of Geeta ......😛 so you can see which fans are taking a plunge on the criticism side........😊 Waise jalebi I know well, jalebi and fafda are staple gujju  wait maybe even a typical mumbaikar breakfast on Sunday mornings in mumbai......but yeh imarti kya hota hein?

na bhaiya na...I ain't talking abt TL m talking abt Jai here....appreciate his skills too :)....
anantnavya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: DharmeshSir

Nope :) I don't like ppl who keep complaining about their failure and cannot accept defeat like a man. ðŸ˜Š

is there any rule of dis site bashing others favs
1st i started watching dmg n in IF DMG forum kash vs kasu vs kajen so stopped watching dmg n left dmg forum
den dmg forum to mjht der was sajan vs mayur (screen space)
now i started watching jdj coz of ragini n in dat forum ppl r against sushant he can't b in dis show blah blah again bashing
in jdj i really liked renuka's choreographer's work n his positivity(he knew dat renuka isn't good dancer but he was always smiling) n i wanted to know more about him so watched dance india dance n some videos of did lil masters n now he is my fav so wen i saw dis article on IF i checked dis forum n here too bashing 🤢 dear i really don't want to b rude but if u don't like those ppl who keep complaining about their failure and cannot accept defeat like a man n u think jai is 1 of dem den don't waste ur time on his post i mean if i don't like any person i'll never read any article related to dat person plzzzz don't mind i just don't want bashing in dis forum Smile
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kasumayurfan

is there any rule of dis site bashing others favs
1st i started watching dmg n in IF DMG forum kash vs kasu vs kajen so stopped watching dmg n left dmg forum
den dmg forum to mjht der was sajan vs mayur (screen space)
now i started watching jdj coz of ragini n in dat forum ppl r against sushant he can't b in dis show blah blah again bashing
in jdj i really liked renuka's choreographer's work n his positivity(he knew dat renuka isn't good dancer but he was always smiling) n i wanted to know more about him so watched dance india dance n some videos of did lil masters n now he is my fav so wen i saw dis article on IF i checked dis forum n here too bashing 🤢 dear i really don't want to b rude but if u don't like those ppl who keep complaining about their failure and cannot accept defeat like a man n u think jai is 1 of dem den don't waste ur time on his post i mean if i don't like any person i'll never read any article related to dat person plzzzz don't mind i just don't want bashing in dis forum 😊

Dear wo kahawat to suni hogi? You can love someone or hate someone but can't ignore them...As much as i want to ignore failures, in a forum this big, its not possible 😊 and plus if people just start posting only about people they love, what's left to discuss in this "discussion forum" 😆

You're new to DID so you don't know the whole story :) and it will take ages explaining..So i just want to say welcome to IF and hope u enjoy ur stay 😆
Edited by DharmeshSir - 13 years ago