ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

VICKEY LALWANI , MUMBAI MIRROR, Jan 25, 2011, 12.00am IST

Deepika Padukone's year may be choc-a-bloc with films but she should at least hear out directors before slamming the door on them.

A few days ago, Deepika rejected Kalpana Lajmi's film without once talking to her, forget reading the script.

Lajmi, the director of Rudaali (1993), whose last film Chingaari, starring Sushmita Sen hit the theatres in 2006, has been struggling for quite some time to put a project together.

A source says, "Lajmi called up Deepika's secretary who told her in the first call that Deepika won't do the film since she had no dates. Lajmi was willing to wait till Deepika had dates but was shocked at her secretary's refusal."

Two months after Lajmi spoke to Deepika's secretary, the actress texted her saying that she can't do her film, as she is not free until 2012. "The message was polite. But Lajmi is wondering why an actress would turn a film down even before speaking to the director," adds the source.

When contacted, Lajmi said, "I was ready to wait till Deepika was free. It is sad that today's heroines are busy only in image-building exercises. They forget that it is the medium of cinema and nothing else that makes them popular."

Though the actress stayed out of this, her manager said, "We would love to work with a senior director like Lajmi but unfortunately, there are only 365 days in a year. We had committed our dates. Hence we decided to be upfront about it and not keep her hanging."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Deepika-upsets-Kalpana-Lajmi/articleshow/7351710.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think Deepi is doing what Bebo done. She is just trying to get to the top the easier way i.e. doing "hot and happening youthful romance-type" films ('Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon) rather than go for the challenging roles like Vidya Balan does. I think she is feeling the pressure from Anushka, Sonam, Asin
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
err.... whats she annoyed about ..... according to the article deepika's secretary told her the very first time that there were no dates ....
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Star_No_1

I think Deepi is doing what Bebo done. She is just trying to get to the top the easier way i.e. doing "hot and happening youthful romance-type" films ('Mujhse Dosti Karoge, Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon) rather than go for the challenging roles like Vidya Balan does. I think she is feeling the pressure from Anushka, Sonam, Asin

Maybe she knows her "acting potential" .... she doesn't have half the expressiveness and ability of vidya so why not stick to the lighter stuff  ....... rather than falling flat on her face, why not wait and get some experience before diving into heavy duty stuff

..... and though kalpana lajmi is a known director .... her film's have seldom done anything for a heroine's career
Edited by bips - 13 years ago
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Bebo did chamali, ashoka, her first movie with abhishek, Omkara, yuva. Deepika did Khalien hum je jan say, kck. So there's no need to judge.

Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deepika is choosing good roles, She will definitely improve more. She shows the improvement with each film.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

would kalpana have preferred if deepika had left her hanging...?  😛

so far, i think deepika has achieved quite a balance in terms of her roles...!  
glitters thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ruky786

When contacted, Lajmi said, "I was ready to wait till Deepika was free. It is sad that today's heroines are busy only in image-building exercises. They forget that it is the medium of cinema and nothing else that makes them popular."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Deepika-upsets-Kalpana-Lajmi/articleshow/7351710.cms

I really disagree with her here.

If Deepika was really busy in image-building exercises, she would have never done a Lafangey Parindey or KHHJS😛
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Natss

I really disagree with her here.

If Deepika was really busy in image-building exercises, she would have never done a Lafangey Parindey or KHHJS😛

well, creative people...  most of them can't take rejection well...!   😉TongueTongue
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Out of all the newbies in town.... Deepika is the one who is doing a wide veriety of roles...

Whether it clicks or not clicks is secondary... Atleast she is giving a shot...