Menucard on dining table

.Ashima thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

just want to know ur reaction if ur mom present u menucard
 to decide ur breakfast, lunch or dinner............................
Edited by ashima1975 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ok before I answer ur question... I have a doubt... Was there a Menu Card (An actual physical menu card) in the Bedi Household, or was it a verbal dictation of breakfast options available? I ask this bcoz I don't remember seeing a physical menu card, but I might be wrong... I usually watch the show while I am working on other stuff, so don't pay much attention...

And now back to the initial question... Let me tell u what happens at our home and maybe that would put forward my POV too... The night before, my mom walks into our rooms and asks me n my bro what we want to have for breakfast. We tell her, and she tells us if it's feasible to make it the next day or not and then we give her alternatives. Sometimes I demand a diff thing and my bro demands something else, and if they are simple breakfast dishes, then she makes both of them, and at times she makes 3 diff breakfasts (one for me, one for my bro and one for herself n my dad)...Same thing happens for lunch n dinner too, and this is not just the case in my home, but this has been happens with my extended family too...So yes, we do get to pick our choice, but we don't have a physical menu card... Is it still considered equivalent to ordering from a restaurant??? And isn't this what happens in most households, where women do consult the rest of her family before she decides to cook something... Maybe not everyday but yes, on most of the days...!!!
.Ashima thumbnail
yes, they have physical menu card........
first time anu enterd bedi house she referd it as dream home but after seing menu card on dinning table she thought it as more like hotel then home.

but she  made mistake insted of removing menucard...she tried to change eating place
Edited by ashima1975 - 13 years ago
Ekta, this scenario is replicated in most homes. I have very diff food preferences from my parents, so Mom usually ends up cooking a separate dish for me for every meal, and yes it is based on what is available, feasible and quite often on what is my mood and current favorite.

The question of what to cook is the biggest household chore. If this is answered then the actual cooking hardly takes any time.

I used to keep a physical menu for my cook when I was staying alone. It made things a lot easier for both of us. She would get written instructions on what I would like to eat this week, so she could plan the grocery shopping and her cooking tasks accordingly.
axeion thumbnail
@Purva... Lol...The advantages of living in India... 😍 Yahaan toh maid bhi nahi milte.... 😕 My bro does that, he has a set menu and the maid gets him whatever he wants... Only when he's in a mood of experimentation, he cooks himself... and that reminds me, usne abhi 2 din pehle Pizza banaya, which dint turn out that well...But he's complaining that nobody appreciated him 😆
Ohh I fully appreciate the affordable luxuries that India provides. I don't think we could afford this kind of lifestyle anywhere else in the world.

While I was staying alone, I had a full time cook, a cleaning maid, a part-time gardener, a full-time driver and a handyman on call.

LOL, I wonder what Anuradha would've called my establishment which catered to just one individual who spent 14hrs a day in the office.

Tell your bro that cooking has its advantages if you make full use of the cook at your disposal. He should've gotten the cook to prepare all the ingredients for him as per his requirements and then made the cook observe on the pretext of teaching how to make the Pizza the way he likes it. Anywhere, your bro went wrong the cook would've piped up with suggestions.
axeion thumbnail

Originally posted by: ppurva

Ohh I fully appreciate the affordable luxuries that India provides. I don't think we could afford this kind of lifestyle anywhere else in the world.

While I was staying alone, I had a full time cook, a cleaning maid, a part-time gardener, a full-time driver and a handyman on call.

LOL, I wonder what Anuradha would've called my establishment which catered to just one individual who spent 14hrs a day in the office.

Tell your bro that cooking has its advantages if you make full use of the cook at your disposal. He should've gotten the cook to prepare all the ingredients for him as per his requirements and then made the cook observe on the pretext of teaching how to make the Pizza the way he likes it. Anywhere, your bro went wrong the cook would've piped up with suggestions.

lol...I know, I am already planning my return to Swades 😍

Arre he's still in under-grad and lives on his own... Uski maid bechari... He's the kind who would tell the maid to not make his bed bcoz when he returns home in the night, he's again going to spoil the nicely made bed 😆 He's a foodie like me, so he cooks from scratch he wants too, warna he doesn't care... 😛
Ohh well, if he likes to cook from scratch, he better brace himself for a lot un-appreciation of his cooking. We Indians are notorious for not appreciating our moms for the excellent food they make, let alone experimentation :)
axeion thumbnail

Originally posted by: ppurva

Ohh well, if he likes to cook from scratch, he better brace himself for a lot un-appreciation of his cooking. We Indians are notorious for not appreciating our moms for the excellent food they make, let alone experimentation :)

I know... We don't appreciate ghar ka khana until and unless we start cooking on our own 😕
Incognit0 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: axeion

I know... We don't appreciate ghar ka khana until and unless we start cooking on our own 😕

Thanks to hubby, i am realizing it better than ever 😕