Interview: Karishma Randeva

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Star of the week: By Raziqueh Hussain
Karishma's tryst with destiny began with playing sonu in KAhaani ghar ghar ki. she became popular after princess dollie on star plus

She is vivacious, bubbly and full of life. An Ekta Kapoor find, Karishma Randeva began her career as Sonu in Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii but Princess Dollie was the character that put her in the limelight. Now she's all set for a new innings with Maahi Ve.

A prankster
Born and brought up in Chandigarh, Karishma was a naughty kid. "We were a group of friends who loved to play pranks. At the receiving end were our teachers in school. Once we put a live cockroach in a chalk box. The moment our teacher opened the box the scared cockroach scampered out and the whole class burst into laughter. Thirty minutes were wasted this way and we had plenty of fun that day."

The journey so far...
"It has been beautiful. I don't regret any of the roles I have played so far. Every step of the way has been enjoyable. I have worked very hard for this fame. There have been days where I have worked for 20 to 22 hours a day. But today I'm delighted." Her tryst with destiny began with playing Sonu in Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii. Then she played the character of Rano, Disha's sister in Tumhari Disha, but walked out of the serial after a while. Princess Dollie aur uska magic bag turned her into a telly princess whom the young audience loved. Maahi Ve is her latest serial which revolves around a girl called Preeto. She's currently playing Neha, the lead protagonist's sister in Rabba Ishq Na Hove. Apart from this, she is also going to co-host Hungama Fungama on Hungama TV.

Her likes
"I really love children, which is why I'm co-hosting Hungama Fungama. Besides, a lot of children are my fans," Karishma says.  Her weaknesses are chocolates and ice creams. And like many other youngsters she hates cleaning her room. In her spare time she likes to read and meditate. "I prefer Snow-white and the Seven Dwarfs to other fairy tales. After all she gets everything that she wants." Connecting with her inner self and maintaining peace is her top priority. "I'm a shopaholic and love to buy anything from jewellery to bags, clothes and shoes. In fact shoes are the toughest to buy as I have small feet." She recalls one instance when she was at a studio to get her portfolio shot, the photographer clicked pictures only of her feet as he claimed they were beautiful!

Passionate about films
"I don't like the sleazy kind of films that are being made today. I come from an orthodox family and my parents wouldn't like to see me doing such films," she says. A complete movie buff, her favourite movie is Chaalbaaz. "My dream role's would be that of Ayesha Kapoor's (the little girl in Black) as well as Rani's role in Black."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss_QueTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
Hey thanx for that! Karishma Randeva is my fav. actress!