Shveta Salve interview - Indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Shveta Salve to anchor DID Doubles
Buzz up!

Speculations on who will host "Dance India Dance Doubles" along with Jay Bhanushali have been put to rest. The beautiful and extremely talented Shveta Salve has been roped in to be the co-host of DID Doubles.

Shveta says, 'I am very excited to be a part of this iconic show because this is the only show which is for the common man who gets a larger than life platform to showcase their talent. I have worked with all 3 judges in the past and know their individual strengths and I am looking forward to learn not only from the 3 mentors but also from the contestants, who I believe are far more talented than I can ever be. Dance has always been a part of my life... I am also a trained classical singer but I chose dance over any art form. Getting to host a dance reality show is a different high altogether as I know how contestants feel onstage before and after their performance because I have been a contestant once and can relate to their feelings."

Shveta had started her career with Zee TV's Hip Hip Hurray, which was a mega success after which there was no looking back for her. A host of acting and modeling assignments followed which made Shveta Salve a name to reckon with in the entertainment industry. She has acted in serials like Lipstick, Saarrkar and Left Right Left and made her Hindi film debut with Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi. Shveta has recently launched her beachwear line - Bare Bums. On being asked how she has managed to juggle varied career options with finesse she replied, 'I love being the jack of all trades rather than being the master of one'. Shveta Salve is all set to sizzle the silver screen once again and this time she will don the hat of a hostess. The million dollar question is - with Shveta by Jay's side will Mahi turn green?

On asking why didn't we see her in any other reality shows she says, " I hate repeating myself. I once did a reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa that was fine I don't like keep doing same thing. Though I got many offers after Jhalak but this was something different so I said yes for DID doubles."

Jay was thrilled to hear about Shveta's inclusion in the DIDD family. He says, "I completely agree with Mithun Da's choice of Shveta as my co-host. She is a fabulous actress and a dancer par excellence. Her experience as a contestant on a dance show will bring its own humane touch when she deals with our contestants. Working with her will be a lot of fun. I am sure we'll burn the stage together."

Tune in to Dance India Dance every Friday and Saturday, 9:30 pm only on Zee TV

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Shveta-Salve-to-anchor-DID-Doubles&xfile=2011/January/News_20110111_19