Me to WE [One 'Like', One dollar]

mimi0295 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

As the new year begins to unfold, the Crazies of the Creative Corner have vowed to bring forth some amazing new ideas, games, contests and posts-in-general to all of our I-Fians. Though we have plenty of fun-filled acitivities planned for everybody, we've also taken the initiative to raise awareness on issues that are very real in our everyday lives that we don't necessarily take the time to think about.
The Crazies of 2011 will not only be about fun-and-games (though we're still a crazy lot and don't you be worred about dullness with us around!) but we will also keep I-F informed about how you can help the world. How? Well, to start off, our Crazies' new motto is now:

"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Gandhi

& our goal is to convince all of you to be that change. To kickstart our 'Raising Awareness' posts, we'd like to focus on one very special event.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvArZFUpUKk[/YOUTUBE]
(Yes, the video is for 2010 and no, today isn't the official 'We Day' BUT THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT REASON and you will soon see why)

For the Canadians out there- I'm sure that the Free the Children's We Day is not something new. This is an event encouraging the Youth of our generation to take a stand against World Poverty, lack of education in third-world countries, domestic violence and the list goes on.
Craig Kielburger, founder of the 'Me to We' organization created We Day in the hopes of motivating young people to help fight injustice by convincing them that fighting injustice can be hip.

So... what exactly can you do?
    Join in on Halloween for Hunger! Instead of 'Trick-or-Treating' next Halloween, go out and collect non-perishable food items to donate to your local foodbank.
    Donate your old clothes, toys, shoes. An old toy truck you were going to throw away could be the only toy a child across the world has ever seen!
    We Schools! This is so, SO beneficial for both yourself and your school community. For more information on We Schools, please visit the following link: http://weday.freethechildren.com/program/
    STAY INFORMED! This is so, SO important- you would be surprised how much information we lack about the world. Remember- we are the change we want to see. Help others and when the time comes, they will help you
  • Lastly, 'Like' We Day's official facebook page. For every individual 'like' , the Me To We Organization is donated ONE WHOLE DOLLARONE 'like' from you could give a child across the world one new beginning. One new life. Imagine what 50 000 'likes' could do. Or even 1 000 000. Something as simple as clicking a tab can change the lives of millions.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDULIKqViDk[/YOUTUBE] 

Before ending off this post, I'd like to thank MP_Radha for making the beautiful vm below. 😳 Please take the time out to watch it and leave her some feedback!😃

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_v8jueme6E[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by mimi0295 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mimi0295 thumbnail
To prevent making the post another essay, I'll just post here!
I was given the opportunity to go through with 'Halloween for Hunger' with my Interact Volunteer group this year, and each of us collected about a bag or two of cans. I believe 20 of us went out to do this and we ended up with 1460 POUNDS of food. Our local TD bank and Sobey's grocery store were kind enough to double that amount for us.

It's a cliche thing to say- but the feeling overwhelming feeling of pride I felt along with my group members as we drove up to the foodbank with our cars full of food was indescribable.

It's the most rewarding feeling in the world- to know you made a difference. As small and insignificant as it may seem.
-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey
did u attend last year's we day?
rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Awesome post Cookie😃

Guys, all you gotta do is "like" we day. It's simple, easy and you're making a difference =)
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Just simple 'Lke' guys (=
The offical FB fan page NOT the post 😆

Think of how much your contributing
Take a few seconds out just to LIKE the page will have a positive change in a childs life

How can you not make someone innconet as this happy and safe? -->
shininggal2008 thumbnail
Loved the post 😊 This definitely encourages many people out there to go out and help. Thanks :)
Madiha_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

We did loads of fund collecting at my old primary school. As a school we have sent over 500 kids in Bangladesh to school. I've seen Me to We live as well. Awesome experience. Everyone should go atleat once in their lives. You get this bubbly feeling to do something in the world. Especially after you see all the stastics about child labour and all around the world.

Cute_Ash thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Amazing KP⭐️..I am proud you for for collecting 1460 pounds of food with your group🤗that is such a  noble deed..
and thanksh for the info abt how one like can help so many lives😳 Edited by Cute_Ash - 13 years ago
kchaims thumbnail
TOTALYAWESOME !!!
love the post mimboo🤗

going to like the page in eve.FB not loading *shakes head*
mimi0295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Grace-

hey

did u attend last year's we day?

Unfortunately, no. :(
I wasn't even aware of We Day until this year! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year, though. I believe my Interact club sponsors some of the events and if so, we'll be headed to represent our school for the following event(s) (:

and thank you everyone! KEEEP ON 'LIKIN' (the fB page) and make a difference.