Geeta Kapoor Appreciation Thread

DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Geeta Kapoor who has been seen by millions now in the famous dance show on television called Dance India Dance, started out as an assistant choreographer to Farah Khan. In fact, Geeta considers Farah to be her friend, philospher & guide.

Geeta is popularly known as 'Geeta Ma' among her team members. Quizzed on the strange title she says that she used to address Farah (Khan) as Farah Ma as she was the youngest when she joined the troop at just 15 and Farah would treat her like a kid and cared for her. One day, an associate's sister started calling her Geeta Ma and later even her team members started calling her by this name and the name stuck.

Geeta has choreographed in popular recent movies such as Heyy Babyy, Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic and Aladin. She is one of the judges in the second season as well, of Dance India Dance. According to Geeta she shares a good bond with her co - judges on the show, Remo D'Souza and Terence Lewis. In real life, they go out for dinners together and are friends.

Her motto is to give her best and she advises her team members that when on stage, to always give your 100% because it's now or never. You have to dance for your life!

Credit: http://www.gomolo.in/People/PeopleBiographyUser.aspx?pplid=18259&bioID=1101474 Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DesiGirl_ thumbnail

APPRECIATORS

Sweetu.Baby
--JagLovesSd--
DharmeshSir
Veryverysweet23
Xxdipsxx
Cutebaby92
-X-NeeNee-X-
Ankit_nyc

Like this post to be added
Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 13 years ago
swatigeets thumbnail
Geeta Maaaaa is myyyyy Jaaaannnnnnnnnnn.............. luvv ya tonsssssssssssssss......... :))))))))

For all the face book users.. come and join official fan page of Geeta Maaa.. search for ' Geeta Kapur - dancing queen '
DesiGirl_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: swatigeets

Geeta Maaaaa is myyyyy Jaaaannnnnnnnnnn.............. luvv ya tonsssssssssssssss......... :))))))))

For all the face book users.. come and join official fan page of Geeta Maaa.. search for ' Geeta Kapur - dancing queen '

Swati Di [<:D<]
Thanks for joining IF!
Will you help me out with this AT?
-Sangs- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Pls add me too...i love her a lot... ðŸ˜³
swatigeets thumbnail
I dont access forums much..but yes, i'll alwz support Geeta Maa... keep luving the stupendo mentor... she's is very loving and deserves to be loved by every1... 😊
ankit_nyc thumbnail
😛 Put me down........I am a big fan of Geeta Ma.........The high standards of DID are in large part are a direct result of her presence in the show.........😛
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😛 Put me down........I am a big fan of Geeta Ma.........The high standards of DID are in large part are a direct result of her presence in the show.........😛

It's such a shame na ki despite such 'high standards' that she sets, her contestants are yet to win a season of DID.😆Maybe she'll get lucky in DID3. I guess her choreography wasn't appreciated as much as Remo or Terence's in season 1 and 2 by the masses.

@TM: I don't mind Geeta Ma, but I like her a little less than the other judges.
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

It's such a shame na ki despite such 'high standards' that she sets, her contestants are yet to win a season of DID.😆Maybe she'll get lucky in DID3. I guess her choreography wasn't appreciated as much as Remo or Terence's in season 1 and 2 by the masses.

@TM: I don't mind Geeta Ma, but I like her a little less than the other judges.

😃 oh I am sorry did you miss the part where one of her students, D Sir choreographed for Farah Khan in her movie.....the part where one of her students, D sir was the winning mentor in DID lil masters......I don't recall any of REmo's or Terrenc's students choreographing for a huge movie like Tees Maar Khan, or being the winning mentor in DID lil masters........😃 I wish that the mentors would have trained their students to not only succeed in DID but also beyond DID......Tongue I mean one would think that as winners of DID 1 and DID 2, Shakti and Salman would have achieved so much already.........does anyone know what they are up to? I know salman fans keep saying his movie is going to come soon, and Shakti fans keep saying how she is still fine tuning her skills in dancing etc........Tongue
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

😃 oh I am sorry did you miss the part where one of her students, D Sir choreographed for Farah Khan in her movie.....the part where one of her students, D sir was the winning mentor in DID lil masters......I don't recall any of REmo's or Terrenc's students choreographing for a huge movie like Tees Maar Khan, or being the winning mentor in DID lil masters........😃 I wish that the mentors would have trained their students to not only succeed in DID but also beyond DID......😛 I mean one would think that as winners of DID 1 and DID 2, Shakti and Salman would have achieved so much already.........does anyone know what they are up to? I know salman fans keep saying his movie is going to come soon, and Shakti fans keep saying how she is still fine tuning her skills in dancing etc........😛

@bold: apology accepted!😉
Looks like you missed the part where I said any of Geeta Kapoor's contestants are yet to win a season. I was not talking about how well her students have done on their own but the fact that Geeta's choreography is clearly not being appreciated as much by viewers so unfortunately she hasn't won DID yet.

Btw have you seem TMK? All critics have called it the worst bollywood film of 2010.🤣
I'd go to the extent of calling it the worst bollywood film I've ever watched in my entire life.

Btw ankit any news on what dharmesh is up to lately? I mean Salmna, Jai, Vrushali are a part of JDJ but Dharmesh seems to have disappeared after TMK.😕I sure hope he doesn't disappear in to thin air after his single appearance.
Edited by hindu4lyf - 13 years ago