Interesting A-Z Dictionary of Bollywood 2010

Anamika21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

A-Z of all that went up, down, over, under, side in Bollywood this year. The Dictionary Twenty10.

A : Ainvai

Main Te Ainvai Ainvai Ainvai Lut Gaya is every band baajaa waala 's most requested song in every baaraat .

B: Binness

Middle Class Janakpuri waale do binness with a twist of dhinchak.

C: Chutiyam Sulphate

The loveable galli was retro revived in Ishqiya.

D: Dabangg

The year's biggest hit. So what if till date many don't know how to spell it or what it means? The money came hud hud in the bank.

E: Ethanasia

Have to give this one to Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He killed so many jokes because he came up with it first. It was his Guzaarish that Euthanasia becomes Ethanasia.

F: First Time Directors

Take a bow, class 2010: Abhishek Chaubey ( Ishqiya ), Vikramaditya Motwane ( Udaan ), Anusha Rizvi ( Peepli [Live] ), Abhishek Sharma ( Tere Bin Laden ), Habib Faisal ( Do Dooni Chaar ), Abhinav Kashyap ( Dabangg ), Maneesh Sharma ( Band Baajaa Baaraat ).

G: Gulzar

For Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji. Simply immortal.

H: Habib Faisal

The dude of the year. With Do Dooni Chaar (his directorial debut) and

Band Baajaa Baaraat (which he wrote), he captured the zing

of middle-class Delhi: its aspirations and lingo, its binness and

mauj.

I: Item Number

The unique selling point of every movie.

J: Jokes starring Rajini

Nobody could escape the Rajini joke express. The never ending jokes made for incessant forwards, retweets and status updates. My favourite? "When Rajinikanth looks in a mirror the mirror shatters, because not even glass is stupid enough to get in between Rajinikanth and Rajinikanth."

K: Khan

My Name Is Khan and I'm not a terrorist said SRK. Khaano mein se Khan, Tees Maar Khan says Akshay Kumar.

L: Love

Karan Johar made it Luv Storys, Dibakar Bannerjee added Sex next to it in Love Sex Aur Dhoka while Bitto Sharma of Band Baajaa Baaraat asked the heroine if she would degi love. Bollywood's fascination with the L word continued.

M: Munni

She of the Badnaam Hui fame.

N: Natha

The farmer finally got a name in our movies.

O: Osama & Obama

Obama was the main focus in My Name Is Khan as well as Phas Gaye Re Obama while Osama was the raison d' etre for Tere Bin Laden .

P: Peepli Journalism

India's Official Entry to the Oscars coined a new phrase for TV journalism.

Q: Quotes courtesy Koffee with Karan

The spiciest quotes of the season all courtesy Karan Johar's chat show. The pick of the lot? Deepika Padukone's advice to ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor to endorse a brand of condoms.

R: Ranveer Singh

The Singh who became an overnight King. A star is born.

S: Sheila

She of the Jawani fame.

T: Turkeys

All big ticket names like Raavan, Kites, Guzaarish, Action Replayy, No Problem, Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se tanked.

U: Udaan

Vikramaditya Motwane's coming of age film went to the uber prestigious Un Certain Regard at the Cannes Film Festival.

V: Veena Mallik

The Pakistani starlet might not have much to do with Bollywood yet but she's fultoo Bollywood, much more than other actresses. Let's wager: the Bigg Boss inmate will sign a film pronto.

W: W*F

There were many W*F moments at the movies this year. Housefull climax of laughter gas and No Problem's farting guerilla took the cake.

X: Xtreme Close Ups On TV

Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit all caught the TV virus.

Y: YRF

The return of the banner with the sleeper hit Band Baajaa Baaraat.

Z: Zandu Balm

It's back!

I hope all will enjoy it.
Link:

Edited by Anamika21 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
😆 That was cleverly written and funny! 😆 Some of the jokes I did not get because I didn't know the movie, but it was fun to read! Thanks so much for posting. ðŸ˜ƒ
amukta thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I can't understand some of the jokes coz I some of the words in Hindi are difficult to follow.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: amukta

I can't understand some of the jokes coz I some of the words in Hindi are difficult to follow.

yeah, some of it slang, and i don't understand it either