TMHPKNK under the scanner? - Article

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Nata Koi under the scanner?

Kunal Verma, Janvi Chheda and Karan Hukku

The latest buzz is Tera Mujhse Hai Pehle Ka Nata Koi, launched with Kaun Banega Crorepati on October 11 has been put under the scanner by Sony.

Says a source, "The show is not able to fetch decent ratings. It just about manages a measly rating of 0.7-0.8. So the channel is thinking of pulling it off air if it continues to fare poorly."

Adds another source, "The channel is not happy with the low ratings. They are of the opinion that the show needs a revamp, as it's turning into a saas bahu kind of saga, which they are unhappy with and so creative changes are necessary for the show. Though the channel has other things in the pipeline but nothing as of now in fiction can replace the show. So the show has been given a time-period till mid-January to recover."

We tried contacting Prashant Bhatt, Creative Head, to get his side of the story, but all efforts remained futile.

Ajay Bhalwankar, Fiction Head for Sony, rubbished the news saying, "Nothing of this sort is decided so it's better not to speculate anything as of now. If anything, we will let you know about the development."

We are waiting!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sarah- thumbnail

hmm.. i hope the creatives do something interesting

dwsc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wat??????
This is insane....
They cannot do anything like this....
Listen to Ajay Bhalwankar people...!!!!
I think 0.8 for a Sony show is good...even BHPH gets same ratings n its been on since quite a long time....
N u really cant blame the show...everyday, the show starts so late...once it started at 11...due to KBC4 n now JDJ4...i mean i love those shows, bt dont negelct these shows also....
We all love this show...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
priya185 thumbnail
im fine with this as long as the show doesnt end
its channels fault for not promoting it properly in award fucntions or other shows always promoting that saas bina sasural that i cant even stand the sight of didnt even invite janvi on kbc only aishwariya twice
plus the timing it should change to 8:00 or soemthing but not midday coz then ratings will gete even less
priya185 thumbnail
and agree the timings r so emssed up
sony ppl amke sure it starts at 10:30 and if necessary star bhph earlier like 8 or give naata 8pm slot so much easier for viewers coutnless times ive turned tv off after waiting for the show as all i see is saas bina sasural at 10:30 sharp these days
shona17 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
plzzz no!!!!!i luv this serial...itz too gud....itz the best serial of sony...😭
ANIROCKS thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It's enough how can they say anything about this show which is better than all those stupid shows of sony.they don't give prime timing nd then blame on TRP.even SBS has been given this 10 pm slot.even those repeat epi is also not fixed.no promos nd advertising nd then blame on TRP .is it fair?
Amber10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

they need to change the timings..cannot pull the show off air so soon!

Shipra_S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This show ain't that bad to be axed! My elders watch it every day. As for the TRPs, well, 0.7-0.8 is the average TRP of any fiction show of Sony currently, i guess.😳 Be it baat hamari...sbs....or any other........then why such shabby treatment with this show? Besides, it's aired so late, so of course it will suffer a bit, comparing it competes with hugely popular shows like Maryada.
dwsc thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Priyalicious-

and agree the timings r so emssed up

sony ppl amke sure it starts at 10:30 and if necessary star bhph earlier like 8 or give naata 8pm slot so much easier for viewers coutnless times ive turned tv off after waiting for the show as all i see is saas bina sasural at 10:30 sharp these days

i kno...even i cant stand SBS...the concept of the show i felt ws good...bt its execution, direction, acting,costumes,editing, dialogues everything is not good...
TMHPKNK doent have fixed repeat telecasts either...no 4 epis back to back since last 2 weekends.. no promos as such...
i mean come on Sony buckle up!!!! its such an awsome show...dont let it go...!!!