R.COM actors in band baaja baraat.

rrk401 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hii :) there were quite a few actors in band baaja baraat that were previously seen as clients in rishta.com.. maybe they have some contract with yrf or something.
  • the actor who plays the chracter the girl finally chooses in the art gallery episode where the girl is confused between two guys plays the best friend of the main hero.
  • the girl who was in the 9th episode.. the one who played the mother in the 9th episode was a muslim bride in the movie..
  • the guy who apparently came from abroad and wanted an indian wife for himself plays the groom in the final big wedding..
random information i know but i guess i cant help but remember anything that has been associated with rishta.com in the slightest wayy. :)
also, band baaja baraat and rishta.com are quite similar in the sense that both the main leads who are complete opposites have a business related to weddings or marriages for that matter but because band baaja barrat deals with mostly the final day and the fact that it revolves around the lives of the typical middle class of delhi i suppose, the whole sophistication associated with rishta.com is obviously not there and hence i thought they were quite dfferent but undoubtedly quite enjoyable in their own ways. however, rishta.com manages to take the lead,at least for me.
Edited by rrk401 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I inititally didn't want to see BBB because of the similarities between it and r.com but now that I've seen it, I can't believe I was being so crazy. Isha and Rohan brought two people together and helped them meet and like each other, but Shruti and Bittoo just basically were the wedding planners.

So it had the similarities definitely but it wasn't like totally the same, you know what I mean? I guess what I'm trying to say is that the movie is really enjoyable and it is different than R.com's sophistication and style and main concept 😊
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, good pair of eyes on you! I knew Bitoo's friend looked familiar...figures! 

I think this concept of matchmaking/wedding planners is actually a pretty neat one to base a sitcom/rom-com on, which is why both Rishta and BBB had scope for good storytelling. There were definitely a few similarities in the general plot as well...two contrasting characters coming together, how great a team they make, the heights they reach, and then the split, after which there is realization of what they shared and reconciliation. Barring the obvious class differences, Bitoo was quite like Rohan with his sense of humour, sarcastic one-liners and aversion to commitment...even the way he didn't want to hurt Shruti because she was emotional and 'different' from other girls reminded me of how Rohan had this respect for Isha because of which he had never pursued her like all his other conquests.

Obviously, Rishta was without doubt far, far better because they had the medium of television which allows for time to lay out and develop the story and characters, to discuss and address many issues and facets of society, etc....the plot was much more tighter and well thought out as well whereas BBB lacked that clarity in the second half of the movie. Still, it was surprisingly good. 

Makes me miss Rishta. 

*shakes fist at Sony and YRF*
musicalrain thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 3
I can't wait to watch the movie now.. all the R.com fanatics are saying good stuff...
IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: musicalrain

I can't wait to watch the movie now.. all the R.com fanatics are saying good stuff...

Count me in!😊
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

I knew there would be a topic here on the similarities
well I missed r.com so much after watching BBB last nite

Mihir,the guys Misha chooses was awesome
the Muslim girl who played a divorcee mum in r.com was nice too
the guy from Harrow who wanted a desi bride was cute too

all in all made me miss our R.com loads ...there were quite a few similarities yet it was different coz of the medium ...

plz bring back Rishta.com !
musicalrain thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 3
Just saw the movie a few days ago and it was indeed very nice.. and not related to Rishta at all

R.com was completely urban and sophisticated whereas BBB targets that complete dhinchak dhasu Indian side. I honestly think it is one of the best movies of 2010. Anushka-Ranveer jodi is cute.

Ooo another bonus!! Atleast for me this was the first time a hindi movie kiss was actually legit.. unlike the staple awkward or overtly vulgar kisses