Guzaarish is not an Art Film - Fumes Bhansali

Posted: 13 years ago
When we asked about a big chunk of youngsters about what are their thoughts on the new Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Flick - Guzaarish, They simply said - they haven't watched and even they don't want to ! When asked the reason about such shocking reply, they said  - "Its an Art Film, so its basically for art people".

These youngsters may not be accurate on their remarks but its a fact that the recently released 'Guzaarish' has met with a low response, something like an art film would get. Even the promos of the film that the movie looks like an art and lacks the appeal of entertaining cinema for an average moviegoer.

Like a good art movie, this film too has received great reviews and huge critical acclaim. But when it comes to numbers, its has fallen flat. The movie now holds on the word of mouth to pick up the numbers in the coming weeks to save its boat.

Meanwhile Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the director of Guzaarish is not so happy about his movie just an 'art'. ;"Guzaarish is not an art film, It has realistic value of a more meaningful cinema and I am sure that it will connect with the general audiences in the coming days". - said Bhansali

Well we really hope what Mr Bhansali says shall come true. On the contrary, The aam junta shall decide what Guzaarish really is'

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tulsi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Seriously people just need to get their butts to the theater and watch this wonderful movie. I mean there are so many "entertaining" films being churned out why doesn't the Indian audience ever want variety in life. Then they complain about bollywood making the same old movies. Sorry to say I see the audience at fault here.
LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
people after coming from work they want to see a movie with light funny moments they go to s,cinemas in weekends to watch good movie that worth the spending money on it i mean guzarish looks darke & i dont think we should blame the adiuance ...
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LEO88

people after coming from work they want to see a movie with light funny moments they go to s,cinemas in weekends to watch good movie that worth the spending money on it i mean guzarish looks darke & i dont think we should blame the adiuance ...

Watch it at home. The cost of a single ticket at Multiplex in  Mumbai is anywhere between Rs 125- 200 multiply this by 4 and add another 500 rs for the eats.

Is Guzarish worth Rs 1500  for 3 hrs.?  Well that will be a personal decision..whether you want to see Golmaal 3 forget all ur problems or get caught into something serious....
Edited by KripaRajput - 13 years ago
Somii thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i have not watched the movie and i have no plans either.may be i will watch it on tv.i agree it does not appeal to masses .after bad day and hard work all day people want to watch some entertaining movie .guzarish looks like dark ,sad and depressing kind of movie.thats why not appealing to youth.sec i think people dont want to see aish any more .ravan ,action replay and now guzarish.robot was succsess bec of rajnikath. 
over all sorry not my kind of movie 🥱
Edited by Somii - 13 years ago
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
well atleast they can't blame bollywood then...and say that they don't make quality movies....because when they do they refuse to go see it....i personally think guzaarish is one of the best movies of the year...
SLB always fumes when people criticize him. Can't stand the man or his pretentious style of filmmaking. On top of that add his massive ego and there's a huge turn off for me. If I want to stimulate my brains, why would I watch SLB's manipulative films? There are tons of decent foreign films out there....
perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fumes ? nothing new in tht😆
ok i haven't watched Guzaarish nor do i intend to watch it in theatre atleast .. maybe its a very good movie but i honestly feel SLB needs to add bit of colors in his movies .. i found Guzaarish very dull frm the promos n tht didn't excite me abt the movie at all.. dunno how the whole movie is tho :)

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
SLB needs a reality check, this movie is an art film. It's so dark & gloomy he needs to use other colors besides blue & black. I did see this movie in theatre & I felt it was waste of my time & money. 
I don't know if this is an "art" film or "commercial", I don't plan to watch it either way. But the way he's always pissed at negative reviews is what irks me. The man can't take any form of criticism without lashing back.