Sonam clears agnipariksha with flying colours

Persephone_Pri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Sonam clears agnipariksha with flying colours

They can stand strong and steady even when hit by a storm or goblet of fire and actress Sonam Mann is a living example to this.

The actress who is seen essaying a pivotal role in Sahara One's Ganga Kii Dheej walked on fire, quite literally, without making any noise about it. During a scene, Mann accidentally stepped over a piece of burning coal which sank into her foot inches deep but she didn't stop the shoot understanding the importance of magic hour.

Narrates Sonam, "I was shooting for a scene where I was required to walk bare-foot in the temple. While giving the shot, I accidentally stepped over a burning coal lying on the path. Initially, it felt like an insect bite but I kept on walking without letting my expression change at all. I had to take a turn near a lane where the camera stopped rolling finally. After I took the turn and the pain became unbearable, I lifted my foot to see that the coal had sunk deep inside my foot and it was badly burnt. Later I was asked to walk in water but by then I started limping a bit which was noticed by my director. he asked me the reason behind the limp and that's when I told him that I have burnt my leg. He was taken by surprise that I didn't discontinue the shot even when the accident was so severe. The entire unit and the director appreciated my professionalism. I was just concerned about the magic hour as we needed the light and I didn't wish to interrupt the shoot for anything."

"I continued the shot in water while the unit members kept pricking my foot with needle time and again. But that was not the end to the test of my patience and persistence for after the water shot, I had to walk on the bumpy road which was uneven and rocky and this worsened my situation. But finally the ordeal ended and when I returned to Mumbai after three days to be informed by my doctor that had I been late by two more days, I could have got gangrene. I was on pain killers and injections for days to follow. But I think my hard work has paid off", adds the actress.

Apparently, Ganga Kii Dheej is one of the most expensive shows across GECs. The inaugural episode of the show was worth rupees one crore. According to sources, the initial shoot of the show took place at real archaeological sites and places which upped the budget of the show.

Lets hope the pain is worth and the audience relate to the characters of the show produced by Bollywood producer Harry Baweja and TV actor Shabbir Ahluwalia. Watch Ganga Kii Dheej, Monday to Thursday, 10:00 pm on Sahara One.