Shabbir Ahluwalia turns producer wid GKD:Interview

Persephone_Pri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Shabbir Ahluwalia turns producer

Shabbir Ahluwalia can't stop smiling, the reason being his brand new production house, Flying Turtle Films, that he has set up in partnership with two other people. The company has fetched its first project and the actor simply can't stop talking about it.

He says, "We are working on Ganga Kii Dheej. It's a daily TV show and will be aired on Sahara One. The show is set in a village in Bengal called Kaliganj. It revolves around the trials and tribulations of a girl called Pakhi, played by Leena Jhumani, who goes against the 'pratha' of the village. She refuses to go through the purity test before marriage and thus has to face the consequences of the family and the village."

Though a brand new company, Shabbir is happy with the fact that several biggies from the TV and film industry are associated with the project. He is co-producing the serial with Harry Baweja's 'Baweja movies', which has produced Bollywood films like Main Aisa Hi Hoon and Love Story 2050. Also acting in the serial will be veteran actor Kabir Bedi and Ashwini Kalsekar.

Despite being an actor, Shabbir will not be seen in the show. "I will not be acting in Ganga Kii Dheej for sure. You need to plan before you take up TV as it is a long- term commitment. However, it is not like I am bidding adieu to acting in television, for me the role is important, not the medium."

Ganga Kii Dheej goes on air from November 15, every Monday to Thursday at 10 pm on Sahara One.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hope he makes a cameo appearance atleast!
_KAYNAAT_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i wud luv 2 c him opposite pakhi...
Persephone_Pri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
He sais in an interview dat he wnt act in GKD but u never knw 😉😳
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
i wish Panchi would do a cameo .. LOL