FF: An Arranged Affair: Note: Pg.19

..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I'm Naina :) Thanks everyone for the awesome welcome into the forum.

Hmm, I had this FF kind of written down before and I hope you all like it!

Cheers!

~Naina

Index:

Part 1: Page 1

Part 2: Page 3

Part 3: Page 5

Part 4: Page 10

An Arranged Affair

Chapter 1:

"Diii! They'll like me right? Jigar said they were really easygoing, but Ma has so many little rules and restrictions. I hope I don't mess anything up" worried an anxious Rashi, as she got ready to be seen by the Modi family.

Jigar and Rashi had both met in college, about three years ago, and had fallen in love. But they only admitted their feelings to their parents a week ago, and now the Modi family wanted to meet Rashi while the Malhotra family wanted to see Jigar, before they went ahead with the wedding.

"Rashi. Calm down. They'll love you, as is, no one can say NO to my sister" smiled Gopi.

"Gopi! Rashi! They're going to come soon! Did you finish cleaning the living room?" yelled Urmila, walking into Rashi's bedroom to check up on her two daughters.

"Rashi beti, you look so beautiful today" she smiled, as tears welled up in her eyes at the thought of her daughter married. Jeetendra, the girls' father, who had just stepped into the room, placed his hand on his daughter's head. "And soon, she's going to be leaving the house."

A bittersweet moment for the entire family, as they all thought of the Rashi that they loved more than anything leaving their house to become a part of another one.

"Hey hey everyone. Let's stop tearing up. We'll save all these emotional words for the day of the wedding. For now, hamara Mr. Damaadji aate hi honge" laughed Gopi, as she went downstairs, hearing the doorbell ringing.

Gopi opened the door to see a couple smiling away. Folding her hands politely, "Namaste. Please do come in" she smiled, as she stepped out of the way for them to enter.

Kokila and Parag Modi smiled back warmly, looking at the woman in front of them and entered the house followed by Hetal and Chirag Modi, and the parents all greeted each other and sat down on the sofas. "Hi Gopi di!" whispered Jigar as he stepped in behind his parents. His face was bubbling over with excitement, a wide grin plastered there permanently. Behind Jigar though, entered a more serious man, dressed in a formal suit, his eyes seemingly devoid of any emotion, who just nodded politely at Gopi and went to sit down.

"Yeh hain mere badi beti, Gopi" smiled Jeetendra, as Gopi served the coffee to each of the guests. And the two families, well the parents talked away, getting to know each other, while Jigar and Gopi were in their own discussion on the side. That one brooding man however, remained silent the whole time. He only smiled when he was introduced to everyone, as he folded his hands out of respect.

Finally after about fifteen minutes, "Gopi, Chalo aur Rashi ko leke aja" said Urmila to her older daughter, and Gopi brought Rashi down.

Jigar sat in his seat, his jaw dropping at how beautiful Rashi was looking, while Gopi giggled, looking at her future brother in law's state. "Come here beti, sit next to me" smiled Hetal, when she saw Rashi just standing, looking down shyly.

Hetal and Chirag smiled as they saw Rashi, who seemed to be the perfect blend of childishness and maturity, a beautiful girl, modern, independent, yet still someone who held traditional values. Hetal looked over to see Kokila also smiling and heaved a sigh of relief. Yes, this family always took decisions together. There was no division between the two cousins, both of them were treated as sons by both sets of parents.

And soon the Modi family welcomed her with open arms, everyone joking around and laughing. "You definitely are perfect for our Jigar" smiled Parag as he blessed Rashi when she bent down to touch his feet.

Both Rashi and Jigar blushed immediately, and the entire Modi family headed out, promising to come again soon to discuss the wedding preparations.

The two cousins followed both sets of parents outside, only to see that they were whispering to each other and talking to hushed voices. Once they all sat down in the car, he asked "Ready to go?"

But Kokila stopped him. "No wait, the four of us need to go back inside. We have to talk to them about something else. Come on, let's go."

The two cousins just looked each other, their eyebrows quirked up as they tried to figure out why their parents would even want to go back inside.

Once they had closed the door, Gopi's family breathed a sigh of relief, all rushing over to Rashi to congratulate her. "Kitni achi family hain. Hamari Rashi to bohut lucky hain" smiled Gopi, as she pulled her sister in for a hug.

"Diii. Did you see Jigar's cousin today? He was so cute right?" asked Rashi, her eyes twinkling mischievously as she tried to change the topic.

Gopi just rolled her eyes in response. "Did you see him? He didn't smile more than once, and seriously, would it have killed him to say about five words? I swear, I've never met a more serious man than him in my life" Gopi said, just annoyed even at the thought of that man who had just sat there like a dark brooding cloud.

"See Gopi, you would have been married off by now too, if you didn't sit around and judge people and reject every man that proposed" sighed her mother, thinking about how she wished to see her older daughter married off too.

"Oh Ma'when the right guy comes, I'll get married but let's just drop this topic, ok?"

But before she could respond, the doorbell rang, and wondering who it could be, Gopi went to open the door while the rest of the family sat in the living room.

Chapter 2: Page 3 (Click Here)

Edited by Naina2127 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Brilliant!  Oh Naina!  I'm so glad you're here!  

ps - you know BRAT is going to have a field day with Rashi, don't you?  <sigh>
Edited by saomom - 13 years ago
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
its lovely naina.....and m sure Koki will enter and select Gopi for Aham...
hai na....
namziee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow, Naina, this is awesome!!

Gopi just rolled her eyes in response. "Did you see him? He didn't smile more than once, and seriously, would it have killed him to say about five words? I swear, I've never met a more serious man than him in my life" Gopi said, just annoyed even at the thought of that man who had just sat there like a dark brooding cloud.

Hahaha I love this Gopi......and this Ahemji sounds like the one in the serial.....LOL!!

Please continue soon......
upasana.diya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wonderful..... hmmm this Gopi does have an attitude...  i like all the characters in this FF... Gopi Ahem of this kind will be wonderfulll... Hope CVs are listening
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Enben, why do i lyk Gopi in this FF??? Aila, dont make me a gopi fan.. ROFL.. Nw this gopi sounds lyk elizebeth of pride n prejuduce.. Gud match for ahem darcy.. ROFL..
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Jake-neil

Enben, why do i lyk Gopi in this FF??? Aila, dont make me a gopi fan.. ROFL.. Nw this gopi sounds lyk elizebeth of pride n prejuduce.. Gud match for ahem darcy.. ROFL..

You never cease to amaze me dikhra!  Fluent in Jane Austen, are you?
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: saomom

You never cease to amaze me dikhra!  Fluent in Jane Austen, are you?

I used to read books late into nite... still does..  I love books and me n my sis used to own lots of books... ROFL
Soulmate_Sana thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wondefrfull start
pls add me into ur pm list
n do continue it soon
i really ploved the start to the core

Sanu.
trishap thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice start .. add me 2 pm