Aamir Dalvi's 'Kabir' - a fond farewell

anamika1868 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I started watching Jyoti a couple of months back when I was in India.I got hooked onto the character of 'Kabir' played to perfection by Aamir Dalvi. I watched a marathon of old Jyoti episodes as I wanted to know all about Kabir right from his entry into Jyoti's life. I am not alone in saying that he became the most loved character of this drama. We endured the shoddy storyline and senseless plots only because of Aamir's brilliant acting. He was the only bright spot in this dark "Jyoti".

I have stopped watching this serial because they have killed my favorite character, Kabir's Joie de vivre. Even he is not able to salvage this drama.

A million thanks to Aamir Dalvi for giving us many memorable moments. I sincerely hope he continues to do great work and bring us many more memorable roles.

Aamir, you Rock๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sia- thumbnail
hey...agree completely with u..i started watching Jyoti in the beginning n left it rite after some few months..only when Kabir's character was introduced in it...i again got hooked to the serial!!! Aamir Dalvi potrayed the role so efficiently dat even a dull boring epi was turned into an interesting one just because of his flawless acting!!! but now it looks like even he cannot stop 'Jyoti' in turning into a pathetic show!!!
Aamir Dalvi has given us many memorable moments to rejoice n hence i applaud for him n yeah thank him too!!! i wish him all the best n hope he achieves laurels!!!!
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah, that was a major turning point of the serial.  If one recalls, Jyoti had just had her divorce hearing  in court, and Sudha had just confiscated all her Vashist possessions, including her mangal sutra.  Once that happened, it  was thought that  the story had ended, and it was just a matter of time b4 Jyoti  died.

Kabir's entry changed all that, as I chronicle in his appreciation thread.  He
was just what the doc ordered, and the first several episodes, where he talked Jyoti into lightening up, taking her to the movie, et al was great to watch.  Of course, Jyoti, being the ultimate masochist, had to try and make him a saint in her own image, instead of accepting him for  what he is.

Also, this philosophy of putting life above everything else, as Kabir is doing, is not the ultimate right, since the child in question doesn't have the right to ruin the lives of its parents.  Jyoti  should have had the courage to trump her 'mamata' and tell Pankaj to go stuff it, and that she doesn't care about Roshni any more.  Instead, she  let her feelings trump her duties as a wife - a horrible example.  And Kabir did not do her any favors by not showing her the right path.  In fact, Raghuveer, who's been the lone person in criticizing Kabir on his decision from the Sisodia side (and Padma from the Sharma end) are the ones who have it right.

Pankaj's story is the ultimate of how a totally undeserving villain gets all the rewards - even Brij got his just deserts.
vvega thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Aamir Dalvis entry bought some life in the serial but gradually with the re entry of Pankaj and the sick track of roshinis illness his character was killed. But I must say he is a excellent actor and looking forward to looking him in future in some good roles.
captkirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I totally agree.  Aamir Dalvi is a terrific actor and I got hooked onto Jyoti because of Kabir's character.  I just hate the turn this serial has taken.  I hope Aamir Dalvi gets to portray more challenging roles in the near future on tv or films and keep entertaining us.
Periwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I cant help agree more with all of u!! Aamir Dalvi managed to floor everyone since the very beginning. I still remember the Jyoti crying while watching a tv show while kabir was in the hospital epi n the salt incident n all those small but really adorable Jyotir moments. n they've been what they r coz of aamir. But how long can an actor help salvage a show where the CVs who r in the driving seat so fickle headed.
But aamir sure deserves a standing ovation coz atleast he managed to make us watch this show atleast till date otherwise what is happening to Jyoti today would hve happened some months back itself had aamir not come as the saviour. Hope to see more of aamir in shows which recognise n utilise his potential better.
_KAYNAAT_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i totally agree wid u all i didn't follow jyoti on regular basis but entry of aamir changed it i got hooked๐Ÿ˜ 2 this show the show got a new life 4m kabir's character but cv's killed the humorous and fun loving guy kabir and made him a scape goat just 2 make pankaj's entry cv's have completely ruined the show wid the the assasination of kabir's character๐Ÿคข he now seems 2 b second fiddle 2 pankaj even after such things jyoti doesny hav guts 2 say get out 2 pankaj who doesn't deserve ne sympathy i hate jyoti's character 4 deceving kabir's luv and affection i feel the title shud have been changed 4m jyoti 2 kabir bcoz he is the one making sacrifices not jyoti i do not sympathise wid jyoti's situation at all๐Ÿ˜ก...aamir hope 2 c u in some very gud serial or film here's wishing u all the best.....WILL ALWAYS B UR FAN.THANX 4 ENTERTAINING US.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
mazzhaych thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i also agree with you guys as soon as kabir made his entry into the show it was a breath of fresh air! aamir played the role very well๐Ÿ‘
NancyNuts thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
when kabir aka Aamir made his entry in the show, i didn't liked his character.....but as he grow up as a fun-loving guy, then to a friend, to a lover n finally into a very caring hubby....i began to like his character n now have completely become a great fan n follower of Aamir, both as the character n the person himself......

...but m just hating his present avatar as a mahan saint (not Aamir who is doing this crap job wonderfully).......
PrincessR thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I luv kabirs character. But nowadays he's really down, I too do miss his funny character, nd I miss the romantic scenes between kabir nd jyoti. I wish they don't split kabir nd jyoti just for pankaj. I luv them togever.xxxxxx ๐Ÿ˜ƒ   ๐Ÿ˜ญ ๐Ÿ˜ก