Gurmeet's Recent Interviews

pal_2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

'I am happy to be myself' - Gurmeet Choudhary

Gurmeet aka Maan Singh Khurana of Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi, takes up Tellybuzz's witty questions this week

One thing you learnt after you came into the industry
To be punctual

The motto you have always tried to live by
As I am from an Army family I have always been disciplined and till date I always adhere to it.

The last thing you happily purchased
My blackberry set

The costliest thing that you have purchased
My house in Goregaon

Which is your favourite celebrity talk show you want to be part of?
Koffee With Karan

One actor's luck you wish you had
Abhishek Bachchan

If you could have your 'Swayamvar' who would be in it? Name three ladies
Debina, Debina and Debina

Which was the recent movie you saw that made you cry?
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
The power of invisibility

What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
I like experimenting with food and once Debina made me eat Octopus. Since then I have not touched a food with Octopus in it, but still the experiments are on.

Who would you like and not like to be stuck in an elevator with?
I would like get stuck with Rani Mukherjee and I don't want to get stuck with Bobby Darling

Would you rather go a week without bathing but be able to change your clothes or a week without changing of clothes but be able to bath?

I take shower daily and it's very necessary for me, so I would prefer taking up shower daily (laughs)

If you could get a free plastic surgery with no side effects what would you change?
I am happy to be myself and wouldn't want to change anything

If George Bush was to act in a Hollywood action movie, whom would you cast against him?
Rakhi Sawant

If you could bring your favourite characters to life from your favourite book or movie, who would be it?
King Asoka

Which is the one season that u wait?
Rainy season

Gurmeet Choudhary's fitness mantra

Television stars need to be fit - and not just because they're seen every day. They need to look glamorous for that, but they also need to be fit enough to handle continual 12-hour shoots that often go on without break for weeks. Gurmeet Choudhary aka Maan of STAR One's Geet - Hui  Sabse Parayi is very health conscious and believes that one should live in a healthy way. He gives us some of his fitness and diet tips.

Fitness: "I mainly believe in strength training. I also do kick-boxing, which makes the body supple, and go for dance classes which, besides keeping one flexible, are a good form of doing cardio. I don't believe in hitting the gym and I am quite influenced with kick-boxing which I had joined six years ago. It has now become a part of my life, and it's the same with dance classes. I am still in the learning process and I think dancing is the best exercise to keep fit."

Diet: "I believe in eating healthy, so I eat at short intervals and I start my morning with a glass of vegetable juice mostly karela. I love karela juice because it is very healthy for our body, though its very bitter but I am used to it now... after that I have a bowl of skimmed milk with wheat flakes and two egg white omelets and bread. I believe in having a heavy breakfast. Two and half hours later I follow up with some fruits like oranges which I always carry while travelling. Later for lunch, I eat four rotis, a bowl of dal and vegetables which is either made by Debina or by my cook. In the evening, I snack on two biscuits and protein shake and for dinner I prefer only rotis and dal as I strictly avoid rice."

On being happy: "If you want be happy and stay healthy, keep smiling always. Being with Debina and seeing her smile makes me happy! On the sets also I keep joking with my co-actors…"

Gurmeet is quite happy with his character in Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi, so watch out for his rough look (he only wears black) every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm only on STAR One.