Posted: 13 years ago

As she opened her mouth to speak he put his hand covering it saying "Chup Geet! I can see that bring out the worst in you. Let me just help you to not say something you are going to torture yourself about for years to come." And with that one statement, he had not only stopped her words and her thoughts, but also the world around her. When his hand touched her lips, the world had come to a complete standstill. Everything had taken a halt for that moment - the wind stopped blowing, her mind stopped thinking, her muscles had stopped working as she found herself in temporary spastic paralysis . It was as if she had entered a dead zone. The only thing she could hear was her racing heartbeat, which was now fading as she felt the extreme heat emanating from his body.

She felt the warmth of his fingers, but found her lip freeze under the coolness of his ring. She was freezing and melting at the same time and was in no control of her body's reactions to his touch. Although the warmth was making her feel cozy and bringing her to slumber, the cold band of his ring sent shivers down her spine. She abandoned all her efforts to control her reactions and let him take her for a ride. She had missed it so much and she closed her eyes.

Lately, she had always come to the office with red eyes. She couldn't torture herself any other way like hurting herself physically or not eating well. She couldn't do that for the sake of the baby. So she set herself to shedding tears all night and going without sleep. This was the least she could do to penalize herself for how she had been behaving with him. She spoke little to him, and when she did, she only spat venom. But he had asked for it. He had been utterly rude and condescending in his mannerisms. Being his old self with her again was not something that came to him without effort. He knew he instigated her and was well aware of her guilt of her malicious words, which made his pain even worse. While she made penances by crying, he was busy hurting himself fighting the wooden dummy.

Both their conditions were not hidden from the other. He had noticed she did not look him in the eye, and the one time she did accidentally, he noticed the tiredness and the redness in them while his bruised arms couldn't go unnoticed under his sudden change of wardrobe either. He had taken to long sleeved shirts to hide the bruises on his arms but she noticed them when he pulled them up unintentionally while working on prints. Some things are hard to hide.

No sooner she got habituated to his warmth, she felt sudden coolness on her lips. She flung her eyes open at this sudden change of temperature. He had slid his fingers away from her lips and were now traveling towards her ear. They seem to take their own time to travel the path across her cheeks. He felt his hard self soften as he moved about her face. Oh how much he had craved to touch her, to feel her, to hold her in his arms. The only times he allowed himself this liberty was when he saved her from tripping or stumbling around in the office. And even then, she had jerked out of his grip as if offended by his touch. She even went to such lengths of saying "I feel snakes crawl my skin when you touch me." He had been brutally hurt and could only look away from her to hide the sting that showed up in his eyes that his heart seemed to be experiencing then. He developed more anger but little did he know she said that only because she feared she would give in. The feel of his hands had always sent her shivers and this hadn't changed even after the unfortunate event. She was still as affected by his touch as she always was, but refused to relent.

His finger traveled the length of her cheek and he moved the hair strand that lingered on her face behind her ear. She closed her eyes again when she felt blood rush to her ears and her face was suddenly surrounded by a blanket of heat. She felt all her muscles contract at the same time. He realized how wrong he had been while interpreting her reactions to his touch. His moist eyes oozed relief and love for her seeing her tremble like this. "Geet", he spoke as softly as he could, not to disturb the serene aura that now seemed to be engulfing them. She took his hand and blew cold air on the bruise near his wrist bone that looked as freshly baked as of this morning. Pain shot up to his very core and his hand twitched when he felt the cool air of her breath against the burning skin on his bruise. Tears that were welling in her eyes now trickled down as she looked at him. She found herself release all that she was holding inside her that had mentally and emotionally exhausted her and felt all her muscles relax simultaneously as she said "I think it's time to let go" before passing out in his arms.

Edited by dolphinUSA - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silentsoul thumbnail
nice one DOL
Edited by kuls11 - 13 years ago
shiveni thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i expected this from u Dolly😈 really nice ,apt to the situation.i could feel the emotions of Geet as her body get relaxed.she cannot hide her feelings so long from her love😳loved it Darling🤗
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well written. Hope they soon get off their high horses, stop hurting each other, and get back to friendly banter.
felicitysmoak. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
awesome os
loved it
fab job
beautifully written
Sigma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice one Dol, both are walking around trying to keep this charade going but the mask will slip eventually
Thanks so much everyone.

Parm - read my post....maybe it will help.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1528146
SaJan-SaJan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome... loved it....
plz pm me if u write more...
svijaya77 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So Beautiful 😭
I hope this painful phase passes soon

Viji
thesaint148 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely Dol .... Lovely as always!!!

felt every emotion maan and geet are going through. very heart touching.

keep it coming D ... you rock!!! 👏