Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Deol's spat with Zoya Akhtar
Friday, October 29, 2010 (Mumbai)
Share this on Rediff.com 
Print | A+   A-

Abhay's "attitude" is apparently causing the Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara unit and his director, Zoya Akhtar much grief.

Abhay Deol is at loggerheads with director Zoya Akhtar, reveal unit sources from the sets of Zindagi Milegi Na Dobara. The actor's "know-it-all" attitude is the subject of much talk around the set.

His constant interference hasn't gone down too well with co-stars Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar, who are bigger stars than him.

Says a unit source, "Deol has done a course in direction from New York and feels he has the knowledge and the expertise to call the shots. During ZMND's Spain schedule, he kept telling Zoya how things could be done differently.

When she wanted to re-shoot a song featuring the three actors, Abhay flatly refused saying he was happy with the way it had turned out. He had to be cajoled into doing the song."

He apparently even expressed his displeasure over the way his role shaped out. "After Aisha, Abhay doesn't want to take any risks.

Since ZMND is a multi-starrer, he feels he could be shortchanged during shooting. He kept telling Zoya how his character ought to be portrayed.

Despite re-assurances that the shoot would be in keeping with the script, he wasn't very convinced and would often raise the issue with the film's creative team."

The source adds, "The director has just about had it with Deol but cannot replace him because the film is almost 60 per cent complete.

The producers are irritated but want the shooting to be over and done with."

That isn't all. Apparently, there's a promo video
shoot featuring the trio scheduled and the picky actor wants more prominence in it.

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?ID=ENTEN20100158375&keyword=bollywood&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zareena thumbnail
Well i think abhay did right to disagree with zoya..but why doesn't he produce his own movie if he knows so much about cinema?? And seriously did he really thought after having duggu and farhan, zoya will concentrate on him🤣 He must be in some CUCKOOLAND!! First Aisha(which i think he had one awesome role in it)..but i highly doubt it would be as good as aisha..i mean his role..😆  First stories with aisha and now this..is someone playing with his image??
Edited by Zareena - 13 years ago

i thnk the shooting has now finished, and abhay has said sum very wonderful things about the director and his costars, and this is sum dumb untrue article!

Zareena thumbnail
Oh man no one defending abhay THE GREAT here now, or bashing/defending Zoya Akhtar..😕
Edited by Zareena - 13 years ago
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: bolly007

i thnk the shooting has now finished, and abhay has said sum very wonderful things about the director and his costars, and this is sum dumb untrue article!

he might say something opposite after 3 months of this movie release..it's becoming a trend now😛

Originally posted by: Zareena

he might say something opposite after 3 months of this movie release..it's becoming a trend now😛

i am sure this article is untrue! kaafi bakws tarika se likha wa hai, and abhay is an easy target cause he is known to be different in his approach to work, i have heard really good things from him about this movie and director, he can complain after the movie is dun or released but i dun think he is arrogant enough to cause problems on sets!
Zareena thumbnail

Originally posted by: bolly007

i am sure this article is untrue! kaafi bakws tarika se likha wa hai, and abhay is an easy target cause he is known to be different in his approach to work, i have heard really good things from him about this movie and director, he can complain after the movie is dun or released but i dun think he is arrogant enough to cause problems on sets!

I hope so..he always had praised Zoya movie, so lets hope all the best. He even praised duggu and farhan on their physique 😕

Originally posted by: Zareena

Oh man no one defending abhay THE GREAT here now, or bashing/defending Zoya Akhtar..😕

So you post this just to get one back at people who defended Abhay in the other thread? Wow!
This is false, he has been praising zoya, his co-stars and this movie from the day the shooting started he has only said good things I dont believe this article at all.
I don't know if we can even take this article to genuine. Abhay seems to be quite a smart and level headed individual. Would he interfere to this extent? Who knows. But I don't always believe the, "no smoke without fire," saying. Sometimes people cry fire when there isn't even one!

As of now, I'm sitting on the fence :P