OS - Pocket Full of Sunshine

Posted: 13 years ago

She was watering the plants in Meera's garden and thinking of the times she had spent with him. She cursed herself for bringing shame to the one person who loved her the most, whom she loved the most. How could she have done this, how did she not have faith in him that he would understand her like he always did, how could she think that he will not support her after knowing the truth? Her mind was clouded with such questions, questions that even did not have an answer to. If she did, life would have probably been different now, and happy perhaps. Time and again she paused between watering one plant to another to ponder where he would be and silently prayed for his well being. His comfort, happiness and well being were of utmost importance to her, she cared little for anything or anyone else. While moving from one pot to another, she suddenly stopped like a statue as if she had suddenly been grounded. Her heart started beating faster and she started gasping for air as thought she had been caught for transgressing. She shut her eyes to take in his presence which she now felt. She felt his eyes on her, felt his closeness and felt the vibes - of longing, of love, of passion. She wanted to take in this feeling before she turned to face him. He was standing a few feet away, at the gate of Meer'a house while she stood in the middle of the garden. He knew she felt him, for he noticed the instant pause in her movements when he walked in and he was right in thinking she wanted this time to take in his presence. He stood there patiently waiting for her to turn.

She now turned to him and slowly opened her eyes hoping he would be there for real, and not in her dreams when he would vanish if she looked at him. He was there, right in front of her, for real, for her, he was there! They both started walking towards each other but the time it took to cover the distance between them was too long which caused them both to start running half their way. They both collided into each other just as 2 drops come together to become one. They felt each other, they hugged so tight from the fear of separation that anyone watching them wold think they were glued together. They were so lost in the moment they didn't realize it had started raining. 'Ab rain control mein nahi hai, par agar pyaar hai toh shayad bhagwaan meherbaan ho jaye'. Pari's words had come true yet again. As much as he didn't want to let go, he had to - for her health, for the baby's health. Andar chalein Geet? He said and without waiting for an answer, they both walked inside the house, arm in arm, not wanting to let go even for a second.

Meera was gone for a day, she had some work outside of Delhi so she wouldn't return before the night, or so Geet thought. Maan on the other hand thanked Meera for letting him spend the day with Geet. She was successful in her search for Maan. She didn't tell him where she was taking him or why she was doing whatever she was. She promised it would be the best gift she could ever give him and she was correct. So now they both had a whole day to themselves, alone, away from everyone else and they didn't delay even for a minute to take advantage of this opportunity. As soon as they were in her room, he closed the door behind them, not that anyone was coming but he wanted to make sure there was no where for either of them to run now. She began to say something when he put his finger on her lips and said 'Nahi Geet, abhi kuch mat kaho. Hum baad mein baat karenge, ab mujhe bas tumhare paas rehna hai, tumhe chhoona hai, tumhe apni baahon mein bharna hai. Iske alawa mujhe ab aur kuch nahi karna. Maine iss pal ka besabri se intezaar kiya hai Geet, mujhe iss pal mein jeene do.' Tears welled up in her eyes on hearing these words, she was glad he felt the same emotions she was now feeling. She only wanted to be in his arms, wanting to forget everything else but his presence.

He took a towel in his hands and moved towards her. He opened the dori of her dress and although she twitched, she didn't stop him but just closed her eyes. He took this as permission to proceed with undressing her. He was glad that he was now doing this when she was conscious and that he wouldn't have to defend himself later on. He tenderly and lovingly divested her of all her clothes, wiped her dry and put on his kurta shat she had brought with him as his last memento. He had not looked at her even once while changing her, and she noticed this when she couldn't help but give him a look for it was too hard for her to look away from him for so long. She smiled that he still held his principles and values over his desires. She knew he desired to touch her, hold her and make love to her because his hands had lingered over her back, shoulders and calves for a few before he pat them dry. When he opened his eyes, he saw her smiling at him with love. He smiled back at her and said 'mujhe bathroom mein change karna padega. Tumhare choohe jaise dil mein itni himmat nahi hai ki tum mujhe bina dekhe mere kapde badlo.' Saying that he went to the washroom to get changed himself. He took longer than usual and when he opened the door, he saw her waiting just outside. It was hard for her to stay away from him even for a few moments now. No sooner he stepped out the door, she hugged him tight. As she put her arms around his back, she realized that he was not wearing anything. She broke the hug only to see that he only had a towel wrapped around him. It dawned on her then that this must be the reason he took so long to change, for he had nothing else to change into. 'Main abhi aapke kapde istri kar deti hoon, jaldi sookh jayenge.' she said to him with a grin.

While she was ironing his clothes, he came behind her and wrapped his hands around her waist in a hug. This man is still capable of sending shivers down my spine, even after having fully undressed me, she thought as she felt his hands slide up her arms. She said she will make them some coffee when he stopped her to say that he wanted tea. When she looked at him in surprise, he said that's all he has had since the last time he saw her. Nothing would move down his throat except tea for he knew she was a tea person. She fell in love with him once again, if that was even possible, tears welling up her eyes. He quickly kissed her eyes and proceeded to get changed again. They sat by the window, his arm wrapped around her, and her head rested in the crook of his shoulder while they enjoyed their tea. She finally said 'Mujhe aap se bohot saari baatein karni hai, aapse bohot kuch kehna hai.' He said 'Mujhe bhi Geet, par yahan nahi. Main tumhe kahin door le jana chahta hoon, jahan hum sabse door hon, sabki pohoch se door, jahan humein koi pareshaan na kare, jahan sirf hum dono hon.' She got up at this started walking towards her room and when he asked her what happened, she looked back with a smile saying that she was going to pack her bag for if they went away for long, she would need clothes, how long would she keep borrowing his shirts. He smiled a sigh of relief, she smiled a sigh of relief. There were many questions unanswered, many misunderstandings to be cleared, many promises to make. Yet they were content at having found each other, their togetherness was above everything else.

Pocket full of sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.

I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine.
I got a love, and I know that it's all mine.
Oh.

Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me.
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me.
No.

Take me away: A secret place.
A sweet escape: Take me away.

Take me away to better days.
Take me away: A hiding place.

Oh.

Do what you want, but you're never gonna break me.
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me.
No.

Oh.

Wish that you could, but you ain't gonna own me.
Do anything you can to control me.
Oh, no.

There's a place that I go,

But nobody knows.
Where the rivers flow,
And I call it home.

And there's no more lies.
In the darkness, there's light.
And nobody cries.
There's only butterflies.

To better days take me away.

The sun is on my side.
Take me for a ride.
I smile up to the sky.
I know I'll be all right.

The sun is on my side.
Take me for a ride.
I smile up to the sky.
I know I'll be all right.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radiant_raisa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This is sooo beautifully written hun!!! 😳. Thanks so much!!! 🤗
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
👏👏👏Wow! It is hard to put into words what I felt reading this. What I liked best is that they are content with being together irrespective of yet to be answered questions and yet to be cleared misunderstandings. It is the power of their true and unconditional love that just each other's presence completes the other.
fahsaad thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
this is beautiful
it is so touching n has a gr8 meaning
really gud
mysterygurl1427 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
wow.....wow.....was this a treat....or was this like a fattening treat???

omg omg.....Dol this was superb and absolutely brilliant!!

U just keep on gettin better and better every time....u come with awesome scenes....the descriptions.....they were just amazing!!!

I am just :0 still.....shocked as hell....thank u thank u....for such a wonderful treat!! I really needed one.....and i got it!!! Wow....it was amazing...bang on....i hope something like this or something similar to this comes!!!

After readin this I am more excited to see Gurti coming back fit and fine....as our amazing Maaneet....wow....what a reunion dol!! Loved it.....how they forgot what had happened and wanted to just live in their moment....nothing else should come in between them....nothing mattered.....they just wanted to take in each other......

they trust each other.....and maan knows that Geet would never mean to hurt him......thank u once again yaar!! Amazing
Infinitedreams thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hai hai hai neend nahin aaye chain uda jaaye lolz

Wah wah wah miss Dol, meri Sohniya.. kya bindas likha hai yaar...Really missing MaanEet, and i hope seriously i am hoping that CV's shows something like that, means Mera will tell Maan that Meet and Talk with Geet, better talk than listen to others....

Wonderful, beautiful OS...Lovely Poem...Pocket full of Sunshine....

Luv You Sweetheart....

Muniza
Thanks guys.....I'll reply individually tomorrow...I'm dead tired abhi...

Kal milenge....khuda haafiz...shabba khair.....love ya all......
Lov26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautifully written... Full of meaning and emotions..
MishtyShona thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Tumhare choohe jaise dil mein itni himmat nahi hai ki tum mujhe bina dekhe mere kapde badlo.'

too good yaar... I was rolling on floor laughing...
shaaranya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 8
WOW the OS was simply awesome!!!!